Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I'd rather a monster deal for Chychrun or Meier than what's been rumored for Gavrikov.

What roster players could be dealt without killing the locker room? Seems like playing with fire cause that locker room is great

Reactions: The don godfather

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
I'd rather a monster deal for Chychrun or Meier than what's been rumored for Gavrikov.

What roster players could be dealt without killing the locker room? Seems like playing with fire cause that locker room is great
Craig Smith. They have been trying to move smith all year. I highly doubt that Craig Smith being traded will kill the locker room.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Well if the rumor is true, ARZ wants:

DeBrusk or Swayman
Lysell or Lohrei
2023 1st
2024 3rd

You really want to pay that price for a guy that has struggled to stay healthy his entire career?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

If Gavrikov is akin to Seidenberg then I pay this price all day and would have done some of the most costly versions. I know there are a lot of doubters and I have not seen him enough, but we could use a Seidenberg type.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DeBrusk or Swayman
Lysell or Lohrei
2023 1st
2024 3rd

You really want to pay that price for a guy that has struggled to stay healthy his entire career?

0EF026EB-98B9-4CC5-9D0F-35EEA4D1CA73.gif

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

DeBrusk or Swayman
Lysell or Lohrei
2023 1st
2024 3rd

U can’t give up roster players. I’d do the trade with out key roster players.

Reactions: HustleB

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If Gavrikov is akin to Seidenberg then I pay this price all day and would have done some of the most costly versions. I know there are a lot of doubters and I have not seen him enough, but we could use a Seidenberg type.
He isn’t seidenberg. I’m not even sure how this became a comparison. He more of a Carlo than anything. Leaf fans seem to love him. Maybe he a leaf killer :p

I'd painfully offer the following for Chychrun. Bail some contracts out for us, and we will play ball.

Craig Smith
Mike Reilly
Jakob Lauko
2023 1st
2024 1st
2023 3rd
Mason Lohrei
I doubt ownership let’s them take smith and reilly.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA

DeBrusk or Swayman
Lysell or Lohrei
2023 1st
2024 3rd

I'd trade DeBrusk in a deal for Meier, but def wouldn't for Chychrun. Would be creating a hole when don't really need to. I thought I saw something like 2 firsts and a top prospect for Chychrun.
Is this a fluke injury or a guy who is brittle? Pretty strange injury. Seems like he got hurt even before contact, which isn't the best. Guy might be too jacked for his own body.

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I know in the past, they have gotten injured on defense. Most of that was Clodes and to some extent Cassidy’s system, of the defense, taking a hit to protect the puck. There is no D that took the pounding like the Bruins’ defense. It was horrible. This year, the system is protecting them. They are not told to take the hit but to drive the play. Carlo hasn’t faced the glass in a long time. I don’t cringe as much as before. I think that’s a big factor. Give me a rugged player on both Frw and D. I still don’t think they need to break the bank for that.

I agree with this, they’ve become the hammer not the nail in far more situations. It’s why you haven’t seen defensemen dropping like flies like they have in past years. Hell even the forwards have been pretty healthy this year

Reactions: chizzler

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If the rumored ask for Gavrikov is a 1st + prospect/3rd round pick, how are they possibly getting Barbashev?

Barbashev is easily worth a 2nd +

The 2024 1st should be off limits for a player like him, including Lohrei and Lysell. I'm not sure if they should really part with any of their center prospects but you have to give to get.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I agree with this, they’ve become the hammer not the nail in far more situations. It’s why you haven’t seen defensemen dropping like flies like they have in past years. Hell even the forwards have been pretty healthy this year
I thought you were laughing at my post. Lmao! Carry on……

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I thought you were laughing at my post. Lmao! Carry on……
Typically, only someone with the mentality of a pretentious bully would laugh at a post like yours without adding anything to the discussion

The laugh emoji unless done specifically in reference to an intentional joke, has only and will only ever be used as a tool to be mean

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
He isn’t seidenberg. I’m not even sure how this became a comparison. He more of a Carlo than anything. Leaf fans seem to love him. Maybe he a leaf killer :p
I have seen others who agree with you as well. The opinions on who Gavrikov is seem to range from Carlo to Seidenberg. That is a bit hard for me to translate without more personal context (viewing experience, I've seen him but never focused on him specifically).

But two posters who claimed to watch him often, stated he was one of the strongest players they had seen and that he seemed to enjoy the physical aspect of the game. I don't have the background to know. I will learn more when we acquire the players we acquire, and I will form most of my opinion after they have played in games for the Bruins.

For refereence: I reviewed some of yesterday's posts. I found @LouJersey say this;

Post 692
"I saw him five times I guess at ice level vs the devils and he was mean, nasty and the most solid player on skates I can remember seeing."
Thread: Boston Bruins - 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. X

I thought at least a couple people concurred with similar descriptions. I did not find them but I also didn't reread 30 pages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad