Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
what does Bergeron's card look like? or McAvoy? are those also wrong?
What kind of logic is this?

I said I wouldn’t put much stock into an algorithm that has Mike Reilly as a high end 2nd line defender.

Yes bergys card and McAvoys card looks good and no those aren’t wrong. So are you implying that because bergy and McAvoys cards look right then his algorithm is good?

Hell I can come up with a player cards where every single player in the league is a high end top line forward/defender. With your logic since it adds up for bergy and Mcavoy then some lesser player like forbort who I also have as a top line defender on his card must be true because bergys and McAvoys cards are good!

I would hope anyone’s algorithm would be able to identify bergy and McAvoy as a top player. Hell a 4 year old can do that I don’t need it for that. But when players who aren’t even in the NHL are getting graded out as high 2nd line players. There is a major issue with the weights or algorithms he has set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
What kind of logic is this?

I said I wouldn’t put much stock into an algorithm that has Mike Reilly as a high end 2nd line defender.

Yes bergys card and McAvoys card looks good and no those aren’t wrong. So are you implying that because bergy and McAvoys cards look right then his algorithm is good?

Hell I can come up with a player cards where every single player in the league is a high end top line forward/defender. With your logic since it adds up for bergy and Mcavoy then some lesser player like forbort who I also have as a top line defender on his card must be true because bergys and McAvoys cards are good!
actually I think the problem is mainly that you have no idea what anything on those cards means or how they are generated but I was trying to be polite

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
actually I think the problem is mainly that you have no idea what anything on those cards means or how they are generated but I was trying to be polite

And anyone above the age of four can tell you that bergy and McAvoy are good. It shouldn’t be hard to fit those guys into a model to determine success/skill on the ice.

However when the model has Mike Reilly as a high end 2nd line D and the guy can’t even crack an NHL roster. Then there is absolutely something wrong with the model.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Still on the fence on where they should upgrade. PP is putrid but it wasn’t before, forwards struggling to score but they were scoring earlier. Tough one. Usually there aren’t as many PPs in the playoffs, but you also want the team you play to be absolutely petrified of the PP which changes how they play against you 5 on 5. Gonna be an interesting deadline

Reactions: Gordoff

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Grab Schenn for cheap for the inevitable Carlo injury (that would happen over 4 rounds).

Pay up through the nose to get either Chychrun (a dream in this system to run the 2nd pairing w Carlo) or Meier to add 220pds of speed/muscle/skill to Marshy and 37.

The road to the Cup goes through Tampa and their large, box-out D. Meier is a great fit for that from below the top of the circle BUT Chychrun gives you the opportunity to attack from above it, with his elite shot. Either one is a great add but a depth guy doesn't move the needle much.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Donny ain't paying that for an extended Gavrikov, let alone a rental. Guess it'll be Chychrun or Schenn.

So he is aiming for the top and the bottom of the barrel..

Like if you think you team can you an offensive minded top 4 defenseman to really push you over the top. I just don't see how you instead fall back to a slow #7 defenseman.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Grab Schenn for cheap for the inevitable Carlo injury (that would happen over 4 rounds).

Pay up through the nose to get either Chychrun (a dream in this system to run the 2nd pairing w Carlo) or Meier to add 220pds of speed/muscle/skill to Marshy and 37.

The road to the Cup goes through Tampa and their large, box-out D. Meier is a great fit for that from below the top of the circle BUT Chychrun gives you the opportunity to attack from above it, with his elite shot. Either one is a great add but a depth guy doesn't move the needle much.
I like the RW with DeBrusk and Pastrnak. Upgrading the left side D behind Lindholm is slightly up the priorities list imo

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Did some fiddling on CapFriendly... Bruins can be compliant next season with Pastrnak at $11mil and Chychrun (or other addition) at $4.6 mil with three key factors:

1 - One of Forbort/Reilly gone

2 - 3rd line RW being cheap, whether it's Lysell or Foligno or other.

3 - I know he's a fan favorite, but keeping Bussi instead of Swayman would save $3mil and you'd get assets back.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Did some fiddling on CapFriendly... Bruins can be compliant next season with Pastrnak at $11mil and Chychrun (or other addition) at $4.6 mil with three key factors:

1 - One of Forbort/Reilly gone

2 - 3rd line RW being cheap, whether it's Lysell or Foligno or other.

3 - I know he's a fan favorite, but keeping Bussi instead of Swayman would save $3mil and you'd get assets back.

There are numerous ways to get to cap compliance next year with Pasta signed, and adding another player like Chychrun or others.

It is unlikely they would decided to go to an untested backup goalie. And well you get assets back for Swayman, it's probably less than he is worth (nhl never values goalies in trade deals). It also potentially is a move you regret for a decade or more . Could have been easy to move Rask after the 2011 season to save money.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad