Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I still think Towes will be a Bruin

Ya I like that route too.

Debrusk is the forward everyone thinks we need.

I'd have no issues with Toews, Acciari, a #7D that's hard to play against. We'd be ready to go to war.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

I'd have no issues with Toews, Acciari, a #7D that's hard to play against. We'd be ready to go to war.
Id love an Acciari reunion. Thats the type of player you need driving the fourth line center spot again

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Was looking through some prior trades and noticed that the pick LAK used to select Forbort was originally Boston's pick. Boston had used the 1st rounder as part of the deal to bring Horton & Campbell to Boston. Florida later flipped the pick to LAK.

giphy.gif

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I think the need for a left shoot center that is good on the Dot is a need. I simply think Towes may not be the player he once was , but he sure would help in a playoff run. the problem is what is it going to cost to get a third team involved to retain salary

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think the need for a left shoot center that is good on the Dot is a need. I simply think Towes may not be the player he once was , but he sure would help in a playoff run. the problem is what is it going to cost to get a third team involved to retain salary
This is where I think they need to be smart.

Toews would require several parts that add to cost.

Retention, usually costs trade capital. Taking bad contracts (Reilly/Smith) usually costs something. We involve a 3rd team, what are we paying there?

What is the cost of alternative that may only require 1/3 things listed above?

While I don't know what other offers/ options are officially out there. Toews is still solid, but is looking like a costly investment, I would definitely need to know what the alternatives are before having him as the top priority.

On top of that, if he is our big fish, it means we have less space to add to other parts of the team, which if rumors are correct they are trying to add a non-insignificant defenseman.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Shayne Gostisbehere - averaging over 22 minutes per game.

In 48 games he has 9 g / 20 a ... In 53 games Hampus has 6 g / 28 a.

$4.5 cap hit / UFA after this season.

This is a no brainer. Bruins need someone to help run the PP and generate some offense.
Ya but he is tiny and horrible defensively. He has a cannon tho. Dress 7 d toss him out on the pp?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I would trade Bruins 1st for Gavrikov as long as Columbus is taking Reilly back.

1st + 3rd + Reilly for Gavrikov.

I would look to re-sign Gavrikov after trading for him. Move Grzelcyk at the draft for a pair of 2nds or something along those lines.

Bruins would have 2 monster d-pairings now and for the future.

Gavrikov-McAvoy
Lindhol-Carlo

Reactions: Kegs

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would trade Bruins 1st for Gavrikov as long as Columbus is taking Reilly back.

I would look to re-sign Gavrikov after trading for him. Move Grzelcyk at the draft for a pair of 2nds or something along those lines.

Gavrikov-McAvoy
Lindhol-Carlo

The Bruins have been on record from various sources ( both insiders and public record ) that they prefer to not pay big for a rental and would rather have someone who they can sign here for the long term. So getting Gavrikov would be great but if he's intent on getting that last big splash contract of his career via the UFA market, that might change things for the Bruins.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Gavrikov-McAvoy
Lindhol-Carlo

The fact that he won’t talk contract has me scared away.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I know our forwards are better when Jake comes back, but it still leaves Hall on an anemic third line. So, I’ve sort of latched on to the idea of getting Kane from Chicago. That would give us three really good lines that can score, and massive match up issues for other teams in the playoffs. Foligno, Frederic, etc can fill out an experienced veteran fourth line.

Then just add a depth defender in case of injuries, maybe Jack Johnson in a package with Kane.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
This is where I think they need to be smart.

Toews would require several parts that add to cost.

Retention, usually costs trade capital. Taking bad contracts (Reilly/Smith) usually costs something. We involve a 3rd team, what are we paying there?

What is the cost of alternative that may only require 1/3 things listed above?

While I don't know what other offers/ options are officially out there. Toews is still solid, but is looking like a costly investment, I would definitely need to know what the alternatives are before having him as the top priority.

On top of that, if he is our big fish, it means we have less space to add to other parts of the team, which if rumors are correct they are trying to add a non-insignificant defenseman.
A trade for Towes is no different than any other trade . All trades are about cost. The thing about a Towes trade is Chicago is limited to where he is willing to go which reduces the cost in one way . Like we are both saying the cost of getting a third team involved is an unknown. Simply saying if the right deal can be reached he would be a nice addition,

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Chychrun seems like a nice kid. That said he must be thinking that Arizona is just the worst place to be.

Play in a college rink - which I'm sure was fun at first, but it's got to be getting old.
Team regularly is a cellar dweller with little to show for that.
Chychrun has a team friendly contract and for that honor has been shopped for as long as I can remember.
Now he's not even dressing even though trade deadline is three weeks away.

I get it that Arizona must think the are "close", but I bet Chychrun is pretty fed up. If he is, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Hell, I'm losing patience and getting bored with the Chychrun speculation and I'm not him or a NHL player/employee.

Get your shit together Armstrong.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A trade for Towes is no different than any other trade . All trades are about cost. The thing about a Towes trade is Chicago is limited to where he is willing to go which reduces the cost in one way . Like we are both saying the cost of getting a third team involved is an unknown. Simply saying if the right deal can be reached he would be a nice addition,
If for nothing else he is great in dot.Last while Bruins have been getting beat up there ( eye test)and it's a big factor come playoffs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If for nothing else he is great in dot.Last while Bruins have been getting beat up there ( eye test)and it's a big factor come playoffs
Bruins been getting crushed on the dot lately. Which is strange. I don’t remember the last time this team was this bad on the face offs. Maybe Bergeron is a bit hurt.

Max domi is a left hand shot and he is apparently very good this season on the face offs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins been getting crushed on the dot lately. Which is strange. I don’t remember the last time this team was this bad on the face offs. Maybe Bergeron is a bit hurt.
That ( injured)crossed my mind have to say.As bme44 Said above the need for a good left shot centre in dot is real .I think Bruins need to really look at that.

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad