Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Hypotetical : Do the B's include Swayman in a trade if it really truely moves the meter, and clearly makes the B's a big favorite for the cup ?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Screenshot-2023-02-08-192344.jpg

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I’m not doubting anything that has been heard but I have a hard time understanding how they add Meier - especially with off-season cap/tagging - unless they’re trading Pasta. What am I missing?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m not doubting anything that has been heard but I have a hard time understanding how they add Meier - especially with off-season cap/tagging - unless they’re trading Pasta. What am I missing?
I could do the math and get you an exact number but a rough estimate is that they have $19 million in tagging space. Now, if they trade Reilly, its $22 million.

I think that's enough for Pasta, Swayman and whoever they want to extend that they get via trade.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I have to assume Pastrnak+Meier will cost around 20m against the cap if they are both signed at market value.

Bruins have what like 21m in space next season?

Where it gets tricky is I believe they also have to have the space available to cover any possible bonuses that could roll over to next season.

So pretty sure they couldn't do both without moving players with term off the roster at the deadline. Forbort+JDB? Reilly?

Idk the money just doesn't make sense right now.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I could do the math and get you an exact number but a rough estimate is that they have $19 million in tagging space. Now, if they trade Reilly, its $22 million.

I think that's enough for Pasta, Swayman and whoever they want to extend that they get via trade.
This is above my pay grade but I thought the QO of $10M would be what counts? That would be at least $20.5M if you are conservative with Pasta. Unless he’s extended lower of course but I doubt it would be much below that. Plus Frederic as well…

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
This is above my pay grade but I thought the QO of $10M would be what counts? That would be at least $20.5M if you are conservative with Pasta. Unless he’s extended lower of course but I doubt it would be much below that. Plus Frederic as well…
In terms of Meier it would not be his QO it would be what he signs for. The QO no longer exists because the contract nullifies it.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Chychrun make the PP a killer, great hard shot from blue line, mobile and fast, strong on the boards solide and physical but yess injurys are a concern but he s a first top pairing guy and with Monty s systeme could be just wow!

2023 first, 2024 first, Zboril, Myenberg, Reilly ( hope not Lohrei but...)

Vrana seems to come to life and Wings gonna trade him, include him with all our Czeck players could be good for him, the Monty effects...and what a third line this could be with Hall and Coyle..

Lauko + 3rd pick + Smith

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If Meier is coming in, one of the wingers is heading out - likely Fred or DeBrusk.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
In terms of Meier it would not be his QO it would be what he signs for. The QO no longer exists because the contract nullifies it.
I get it if he’s extended - but is his AAV really going to be below $9M? Obviously other moves could be made to fit it but would be a tight off-season timeframe no?

If Meier is coming in, one of the wingers is heading out - likely Fred or DeBrusk.
Yeah perhaps. I really don’t know that the upgrade over Debrusk is big enough to justify the assets required to get Meier. Frederic? Sure but seems like he’ll be a good value for a guy who could be 3C and move Coyle in a retool. But what do I know.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Meier spoke very highly of the Bruins last month, after the B's shut them out
"They roll four lines, they’re physical, they hold onto pucks, they break out well. Kind of all the things we don’t do well. You can tell they’re a playoff team and we’re not. This should be a lesson."

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I get it if he’s extended - but is his AAV really going to be below $9M? Obviously other moves could be made to fit it but would be a tight off-season timeframe no?
FYI and I have already confirmed this. What is out there on the internet is not correct in a lot of cases. For example, a lot of what you read also says bonus overages come off tagging space. That is not true. Bonuses are applied to end of year cap and if it doesn't fit gets carried over into the first day of the next year when the offseason cap is 10 percent higher.

As for Meier, I don't know what he will get. I guess that's why they have the chance to talk to his agent and then let Evan Gold figure it out.

I think we are talking peanuts here. But I don't worry about the cap. You get the player you want, then figure it out. They could always sign the extension after Bergy raises the cup.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
FYI and I have already confirmed this. What is out there on the internet is not correct in a lot of cases. For example, a lot of what you read also says bonus overages come off tagging space. That is not true. Bonuses are applied to end of year cap and if it doesn't fit gets carried over into the first day of the next year when the offseason cap is 10 percent higher.

As for Meier, I don't know what he will get. I guess that's why they have the chance to talk to his agent and then let Evan Gold figure it out.

I think we are talking peanuts here. But I don't worry about the cap. You get the player you want, then figure it out. They could always sign the extension after Bergy raises the cup.
Good info on the overages thank you. We’re in Cap 402 here and I appreciate it.

Obviously we don’t know what Meier could get, and obviously we can load up and deal with the consequences later. Understood.

That being said it seems odd to me to go for another winger long term with what we have already, and that’s assuming Lysell would go in any SJ deal. Lot of dough tied up in wings.

But again, what do I know. Not much.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Good info on the overages thank you. We’re in Cap 402 here and I appreciate it.

Obviously we don’t know what Meier could get, and obviously we can load up and deal with the consequences later. Understood.

That being said it seems odd to me to go for another winger long term with what we have already, and that’s assuming Lysell would go in any SJ deal. Lot of dough tied up in wings.

But again, what do I know. Not much.
As I told you before, I'm only a PM away. Anything you want to know, I will gladly help you out with it. Then you can answer all the cap questions and it frees up more time for me ♥️♥️

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Meier is so out of left field in the context of having to deal with Pasta. That's wild.

Ya you can't really see a world with an extended Meier AND Pasta/Debrusk. Something has to give.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

the-office-bow.gif

You Sir, are a walking encyclopedia capologist !

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Chychrun make the PP a killer, great hard shot from blue line, mobile and fast, strong on the boards solide and physical but yess injurys are a concern but he s a first top pairing guy and with Monty s systeme could be just wow!

2023 first, 2024 first, Zboril, Myenberg, Reilly ( hope not Lohrei but...)

Vrana seems to come to life and Wings gonna trade him, include him with all our Cezck players could be good for him, the Monty effects...and what a third line this could be with Hall and Coyle..

Lauko + 3rd pick + Smith
What is the story on Vrana? Like you said with all the Czechs and Monty’s experiences, I’m not sure there is a better spot for him.

Last I heard was that they may actually buy him out…makes you wonder if they would retain on him

Reactions: Gordoff

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Does signing dk and bergy to another year push their bonuses out another year ?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What is out there on the internet is not correct in a lot of cases. For example, a lot of what you read also says bonus overages come off tagging space. That is not true. Bonuses are applied to end of year cap and if it doesn't fit gets carried over into the first day of the next year when the offseason cap is 10 percent higher.

I remember reading about the bonuses needing to be accounted for in an article about Silfverbergs extension a few years back.

But I now assume the writer was wrong (or I understood it incorrectly).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Found it What is Tagging or “Tagged Payroll Room” in the NHL CBA, Article 50.5?: Jakob Silfverberg

Basically, Payroll Room is the difference between the cap ceiling and the total amount of all Average Annual Values (“AAV”) and bonuses for the team’s one-way contract players, any deferred bonuses applicable during the current season, any buyout amounts, any outstanding offer sheets, any qualifying offers, or any money earned from two-way players while those players are playing in the NHL.

If Dreger is right though in the linked article, on March 1st do they get a 10% bump in "tagging room"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad