Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
To be honest with you: I would much rather overpay for Chychrun than Gavrikov (and Barbashev). Gavrikov doesn't strike me as a D that is the missing piece for this team. Chychrun could give this team another dimension with his PP-ability.

So, if JC does not come here (and at this point I am expecting him to end up in LA), I'd want Don to go after names that aren't highlighted and less talked about, someone flying under the radar on the market.
I think it's a mistake trading for and possibly extending "middling" players like Gavrikov.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
There is no way Gavrikov and Chychrun are going to sit three weeks... not happening.
Clubs aren't likely keen on overpaying for a guy that's been only practicing for three weeks...and to need another week or two get their legs back.
Teams want help sooner, not later.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
gotcha. yeah it's not the best situation with the cap. and i think gavrikov is looking for more than $5M per year.
i assume jackets will end up getting a 1st and 3rd (or equivalent), which is a heavy price for a guy that's not
a quote unquote difference maker. but i do like the player and he's a definite upgrade.
So, the B's pay a 1st and a 3rd, win the Cup and he then wants $6.5 million or more a year. Seems too unsure for a guy like Sweeney IMO. At least with Chycrun he knows what the deal is and if need be he can cash in on him any time in the next 2 years. It's not like he's got a concussion history.:crossfing

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Moves not being discussed....

how about Hanafin (mentioned above)
Henrique at 50 %
I think Calgary is probably looking to buy to try and make the playoffs. Don't think they're looking to move Hanafin, so not much to talk about there. Would be a great add though.

Henrique is pretty cooked from what I've seen. Not sure he helps this team.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
So, the B's pay a 1st and a 3rd, win the Cup and he then wants $6.5 million or more a year. Seems too unsure for a guy like Sweeney IMO. At least with Chycrun he knows what the deal is and if need be he can cash in on him any time in the next 2 years. It's not like he's got a concussion history.:crossfing
Very valid point, lets just get Chychrun and call it a deadline

Reactions: ylekot and Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Schenn and Barbashev, save some money to pay off the Bergy and Krech's bonuses so they can find thier replacements and pay Pasta next year. The other guys would be great but price they are asking is too much.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I fear Gavrikov getting Chiarot type buzz here. Florida gave up what for Chiarot last TDL? Then he skips off to Detroit in the summer for 4.75m per. Have to think Gavrikov and his agent looking for something in that range +.

My prediction:

Nick Seeler LD
Barbashev RW3
Acciari 4C

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So why should we be trading it?

The 1966 draft? The one where Barry Gibbs was the top pick?
Park was clearly the better player and the Bruins had first overall - but you add Park & Orr back to back years it’s chaos - people sleeping on sidewalks to get tickets

Parades and the cleanup they cost and overtime for police drains the budget

Take the meh Gibbs and let the Rangers have a chance to get good as well

Very kind of Boston

Park & Orr ages 18 and 19 on same team - who really wanted to see that

I fear Gavrikov getting Chiarot type buzz here. Florida gave up what for Chiarot last TDL? Then he skips off to Detroit in the summer for 4.75m per. Have to think Gavrikov and his agent looking for something in that range +.

My prediction:

Nick Seeler LD
Barbashev RW3
Acciari 4C
Just looked at my trade deadline big board

Acciari
Hanifin
Barbashev

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nick Seeler 76% defensive zone starts and still a +2 on a crap Flyers team this season. 14:24 TOI. I’ve watched less than a handful of Flyers games this season, noticed he’s a tough kid clearing his crease. Didn’t really notice much else (which maybe a good thing). One more season at 775k. Under the radar move for Sweeney. 3rd to Philly.

Seeler replaces Forbort next season, Bruins save 2.25m next season to go towards bonus overages. Now who will take Forbort next season!?!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
After watching that 1st period we should offer the moon to get Maier to ensure we don't lose because of lack of finish. Unfortunately all indicatations seem to have him heading to a team like Carolina or the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad