Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
As a rule I'm not a "rental" guy, and that's precisely what Barbashev is. If it's a meh draft selection and a mid level prospect, fine. He's in the sweet spot at age 27, has produced, and as you note, a bit of a prick. Which, of course, suits me fine.

If it works out it's possible the B's could sign him to (relatively) long term deal when he hits ufa that doesn't break the bank. Sweeney and Oscar Goldman are good at that.
In an all-in year in which the stars have aligned I can easily live with a bottom 6 rental. That is assuming of course that the Bs won't have to give up anything major to get Barbashev. Maybe St. Louis will do us a little bit of a solid given the ties with Monty. You make a good point that if it works out then the Bs could always parlay that into a signing, which would make it an even better deal. If that doesn't happen I'm still fine with a mere rental. Bs need some skilled grit in the bottom 6 for a playoff run and Barbashev provides those things. I'm sure other playoff teams are thinking the same thing.

Reactions: Gordoff

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have no idea if this sort of thing comes into play, but will the League be forced to step in (can they step in?) on the Chychrun situation?

He's sat for two already, and appears to be slated to sit again tonight.

If I were a fellow cellar dweller in the Bedard hunt I'd start to raise a stink if this goes on too much longer.

Again, not sure if it could happen but I'm sure several GM's are thinking that Az/Armstrong should trade or get off the pot.
Thats a good question!

Where is the line drawn at trading insurance and sitting them out to tank?

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not even close to being too rich for a guy of Chychrun's caliber for three play-off runs minimum.

I understand Lysell and Lohrei are the top Bruins prospects, but some teams may have 4-5 guys better than them. The first this year and next year will prob be 25 or worse.
My problem with surrendering that much for him is the ankle, wrist, shoulder, and both knee surgeries before age 25

I’d live with it because he’s obviously a talent. It’s just a massive risk and I’d prefer to have a much more stable option coming back for that kind of a package

Without the injury history I do it in a heartbeat

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I'm willing to throw away 2025 through 2029 and hasten the impending rebuild if it puts us over the top to win the Stanley Cup this year.

But they better win that damn cup if they do it.
For real. I will not shed a tear if Lysell is ripping 40 goals in Arizona in 2026.
Cause I'll know our team f***in went for it when we had the best last chance to. Bergy and Krejci deserve it.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I have no idea if this sort of thing comes into play, but will the League be forced to step in (can they step in?) on the Chychrun situation?

He's sat for two already, and appears to be slated to sit again tonight.

If I were a fellow cellar dweller in the Bedard hunt I'd start to raise a stink if this goes on too much longer.

Again, not sure if it could happen but I'm sure several GM's are thinking that Az/Armstrong should trade or get off the pot.
Coyotes are 2-0-2 in their last four. Can’t see another club trying to tank be upset with that.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That ain't bad. Soucy is a good physical d and Barbashev is a very good 3W. If you add Schenn for more depth and lose Zboril that becomes a good veteran defense that can mix and match depending on opponent. Barbashev is a jerk who hits, aggravates and can score. He also can move up and down in the lineup.

Do i want Meier or Chychrun over any of those players, of course but Barbashev, Soucy and Schenn is a really good deadline day.

The need -- not the want -- is depth defense, stout if unspectacular. If I could get a center for this season and the long term, that would be ideal, because neither #37 nor #46 will be back, which opens a huge hole. The Bruins impressive depth roster wide this year has been predicated on the return of those two. Without them...

Elsewhere: Conor Ryan of Boston.com has actually convinced me that the acquisition of Chickie would be worth the price for the present and the future,

Ryan on the possibility of Barbashev,

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Oh my. Would be a good addition for the playoffs assuming the Bs wouldn't have to give up much to get him. Bit of a prick who likes to hit. Thing is, he actually has some skill and is a pain in the ass to play against. Bs could definitely use someone like him in the bottom 6 come playoff time.

Saw him put a vicious hit on Girard of Colorado behind the net. I thought Girard was going to die of internal bleeding HTG!!!

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Not even close to being too rich for a guy of Chychrun's caliber for three play-off runs minimum.

I understand Lysell and Lohrei are the top Bruins prospects, but some teams may have 4-5 guys better than them. The first this year and next year will prob be 25 or worse.
I wouldnt be surprised if anyone trading with us would want next years first instead. You can try banking on Bergeron, Krejci retiring, and Pasta leaving via FA if he isnt signed by deadline. They lose all that they may get a top 10-15 pick instead of near last in first round.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Donny should not be including his first in it

I’m not trading Charlie Stramel or Oliver Moore for a freakin rental unless they plan on resigning the guy

I’m not trading Lohrei or Lysell and a couple others for a rental

They are adding DeBrusk

Chychrun or Hanifin aren’t rentals so picks and prospects yes

I would rather have Gabe Perrault then 2 months of Barbashev or even Patrick Kane

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Henry Thrun, one of our top D prospects (just ranked #5 in our pool by Wheeler) who's from MA and is a senior at Harvard has been confirmed to not be signing with us, and Ducks fans wouldn't be surprised if it's because he wants to stay at home and be a Bruin. Wouldn't be surprised if we worked something out for his rights at this deadline (or perhaps he's included as part of a larger trade around you guys buying one of our roster players)?

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I’m not trading Charlie Stramel or Oliver Moore for a freakin rental unless they plan on resigning the guy

They are adding DeBrusk

I would rather have Gabe Perrault then 2 months of Barbashev or even Patrick Kane
Just out of curiosity how does Gabe Perrault help us win a cup this year? This years first, next years first and every prospect should be available to improve this team. Whether the player be a UFA or signed for 4 years.

Reactions: Memokerobi

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Coyotes are 2-0-2 in their last four. Can’t see another club trying to tank be upset with that.
I agree, the results aren’t going to raise any concerns.

However, not icing your best offensive D man (guy who played 29+ minutes in his last game) does not help you win that‘s for sure.

Trade deadline is three weeks away. If this goes on much longer I would imagine someone might start to grumble. But I don’t know. Really. It’s why I raised the questoon.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I wouldnt be surprised if anyone trading with us would want next years first instead. You can try banking on Bergeron, Krejci retiring, and Pasta leaving via FA if he isnt signed by deadline. They lose all that they may get a top 10-15 pick instead of near last in first round.
That’s a depressing thought. Totally realistic/possible but still depressing.

Particularly as I believe I read that 2025 is a good draft.

Reactions: mar2kbos

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
My problem with surrendering that much for him is the ankle, wrist, shoulder, and both knee surgeries before age 25

I’d live with it because he’s obviously a talent. It’s just a massive risk and I’d prefer to have a much more stable option coming back for that kind of a package

Without the injury history I do it in a heartbeat

There is no guarantee that any of Lysell, Lohrei or a 1st rounder become NHL regulars. Each one of those is a risk in their own right, no?

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
He doesn’t need to move the player though. So does he care if he’s alone again?
As someone pointed out earlier, Chychrun’s value decreases as the remainder of his term on the cost controlled contract evaporates. He gets a better return if he flips him now.

Reactions: 24giovanni

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Don't care about next year or the year after...time in now ..go all in, empty the cupboards and go for the best player(s) available at any position that can fit in the cap ... the core deserves it, the fans deserve it, and dammit HF bruins board deserves it .... but if we come up short my consolation prize is the Leafs lose again in the first round and Matthews leaves, Dubas is fired, Sheldon is fired, and Shanny gets a public spanking

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

They are adding DeBrusk

I value Lysell and Lohrei a lot more then first round picks. Would you trade the next 3 firsts in a deal for a player like Chychrun?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just out of curiosity how does Gabe Perrault help us win a cup this year? This years first, next years first and every prospect should be available to improve this team. Whether the player be a UFA or signed for 4 years.
I’m not doing the rental shit for a first and listen to whiny ass Bruins fans on Twitter cry about Ryan Lindgren - who 99 % never heard of -for a rental

I’m GM, you want my 1 you trade me a guy beyond this year

Florida traded their 2023 1 for Chariot a rental and a quick review of their board they were good loading up to win

Now they don’t have the one look like could miss playoffs and Montreal could get Bedard with it ? (Is that right ?)

I’ve seen Gabe Perrault, Stramel, Moore etc and no way losing 10 years of control for 60-90 days

Wtf - come on folks

I value Lysell and Lohrei a lot more then first round picks. Would you trade the next 3 firsts in a deal for a player like Chychrun?
Absolutely- bye picks

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Henry Thrun, one of our top D prospects (just ranked #5 in our pool by Wheeler) who's from MA and is a senior at Harvard has been confirmed to not be signing with us, and Ducks fans wouldn't be surprised if it's because he wants to stay at home and be a Bruin. Wouldn't be surprised if we worked something out for his rights at this deadline (or perhaps he's included as part of a larger trade around you guys buying one of our roster players)?

Bruins seem pretty deep at LD and are in on LD's like Chychrun & Gavrikov. Their #2 prospects is also a LHD (which could be moved for a guy like Chychrun. I wouldn't be opposed to a guy like Thurn, but if his expectation is to get playing time, Boston isn't the place for him. Unless of course he can play on the right side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad