Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Lysell lohrei and a 1st round pick would seal the deal but it's too rich. If it did happen I would accept it due to bergy dk cup run plus chychrun only 24 and with McAvoy for the next decade is just unreal.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I thought Bruins Hockey Now was deemed spam/equivalent to Eklund? Is there justification for them as a “source” compared to any ol fan blog?
Still not a bad source imo since Murph is quoting Andy Strickland who is a blues insider. Pretty credible rumor.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Maybe something like Smith, Lohrei, and our 2nd in 2025 for Kane at 50% and Jack Johnson.
Too much, not enough? I don’t know, I’ve only ever made video game trades.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I thought Bruins Hockey Now was deemed spam/equivalent to Eklund? Is there justification for them as a “source” compared to any ol fan blog?

That’s what I consider them. They’re hacks and their rumors are null and void. I have yet to be proven wrong by them. This is Slaintés 15-16th failed project.

I was here personally been here for the clown recreating an account to cry like a bitch and badmouth @Gee Wally.

Complete clowns — Haggerty sucks too.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lysell lohrei and a 1st round pick would seal the deal but it's too rich. If it did happen I would accept it due to bergy dk cup run plus chychrun only 24 and with McAvoy for the next decade is just unreal.
Not even close to being too rich for a guy of Chychrun's caliber for three play-off runs minimum.

I understand Lysell and Lohrei are the top Bruins prospects, but some teams may have 4-5 guys better than them. The first this year and next year will prob be 25 or worse.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not even close to being too rich for a guy of Chychrun's caliber for three play-off runs minimum.

I understand Lysell and Lohrei are the top Bruins prospects, but some teams may have 4-5 guys better than them. The first this year and next year will prob be 25 or worse.
While true, a lot of the competition for the top deadline prizes are teams like Pittsburgh and Tampa, whose top prospect would be a potted peace lily if you gave them one for Valentine's.

Makes LA dangerous, if Blake has the balls.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Potential spots for upgrades:

Forwards:

Frederic: I have turned the corner on him. But, upgrading on Frederic on the 3rd line (while keeping him!) also means you are improving Hall's impact as a player and upgrading on Greer by having Frederic take his spot. It's the most impactful upgrade you can make to the forward grouping.

Greer: Despite logo kisses, he is a replacement level player.

Nosek: The injuries are concerning. This is basically a Toews plug. Another left shot guy who can be put in defensive situations and take face-offs, but has a little more pop.

Comments: Adding someone like Barbashev upgrades the 3rd line and the 4th line (by moving Frederic down). He also already has familiarity with Monty and played his, by far, best season working with him (albeit while shooting over 23%).

Defense:

Forbort: I appreciate what he does on the PK, but we saw how much Carolina caved him in last season. Against some teams, especially Carolina and Toronto with their speed, he is a big weak link that can be exploited. If you can make him the 7th D or be able to relegate him to a 10-12 minute at 5 on 5 role (versus his current 15 mins of 5 on 5 time) because you have upgraded the top 4, that is ideal.

Gryz: Gryz and Forbort go hand in hand. You would love to have someone with McAvoy that could handle 25 minutes. No matter if you are team Gryz or not, he has never shown he can handle a big minute workload and it means you are playing Forbort at 5 on 5 more than you want. You can either upgrade on Gryz and play the top 4 more (while letting Gryz and Forbort, if both are still around, fight it out on the bottom pairing), or you can upgrade on Forbort directly and leave that top 4 mostly as is.

Backup RD: They are just paper thin after McAvoy, Carlo and Clifton

McAvoy's spot on the PP: Again, a Chychrun plug. The lack of shot threat on the PP is what prevents it from being elite. That shot threat at 5 on 5 would be nice, too, especially since Chychrun seems to like being the 5th man to attack. Let McAvoy run wild as the 4th man on the attack... but you better watch out for that trailer...

Comments: Chychrun helps the PP and helps you play McAvoy more at 5 on 5. It allows you to, for at least one season, have matchups dictate whom over Gryz, Forbort and Clifton is in the lineup. And Gryz ability to play RD makes you feel safer about someone going down on the right side. Gavrikov just seems like a straight Forbort upgrade. Perhaps one that can play some shifts with McAvoy, but not super exciting.

Do we agree on all that? Anything missing?

I would do 1st, Lysell, ???, Reilly for Chychrun and Lorhei + Smith for Barbashev (only if the first deal goes thru) in a heart beat.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

I'm in . I usually hate trades like this but chychrun is the real deal and has a special skillset. Let's go Donny!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Oh my. Would be a good addition for the playoffs assuming the Bs wouldn't have to give up much to get him. Bit of a prick who likes to hit. Thing is, he actually has some skill and is a pain in the ass to play against. Bs could definitely use someone like him in the bottom 6 come playoff time.

As a rule I'm not a "rental" guy, and that's precisely what Barbashev is. If it's a meh draft selection and a mid level prospect, fine. He's in the sweet spot at age 27, has produced, and as you note, a bit of a prick. Which, of course, suits me fine.

If it works out it's possible the B's could sign him to (relatively) long term deal when he hits ufa that doesn't break the bank. Sweeney and Oscar Goldman are good at that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Potential spots for upgrades:

Forwards:

Frederic: I have turned the corner on him. But, upgrading on Frederic on the 3rd line (while keeping him!) also means you are improving Hall's impact as a player and upgrading on Greer by having Frederic take his spot. It's the most impactful upgrade you can make to the forward grouping.

Greer: Despite logo kisses, he is a replacement level player.

Nosek: The injuries are concerning. This is basically a Toews plug. Another left shot guy who can be put in defensive situations and take face-offs, but has a little more pop.

Comments: Adding someone like Barbashev upgrades the 3rd line and the 4th line (by moving Frederic down). He also already has familiarity with Monty and played his, by far, best season working with him (albeit while shooting over 23%).

Defense:

Forbort: I appreciate what he does on the PK, but we saw how much Carolina caved him in last season. Against some teams, especially Carolina and Toronto with their speed, he is a big weak link that can be exploited. If you can make him the 7th D or be able to relegate him to a 10-12 minute at 5 on 5 role (versus his current 15 mins of 5 on 5 time) because you have upgraded the top 4, that is ideal.

Gryz: Gryz and Forbort go hand in hand. You would love to have someone with McAvoy that could handle 25 minutes. No matter if you are team Gryz or not, he has never shown he can handle a big minute workload and it means you are playing Forbort at 5 on 5 more than you want. You can either upgrade on Gryz and play the top 4 more (while letting Gryz and Forbort, if both are still around, fight it out on the bottom pairing), or you can upgrade on Forbort directly and leave that top 4 mostly as is.

Backup RD: They are just paper thin after McAvoy, Carlo and Clifton

McAvoy's spot on the PP: Again, a Chychrun plug. The lack of shot threat on the PP is what prevents it from being elite. That shot threat at 5 on 5 would be nice, too, especially since Chychrun seems to like being the 5th man to attack. Let McAvoy run wild as the 4th man on the attack... but you better watch out for that trailer...

Comments: Chychrun helps the PP and helps you play McAvoy more at 5 on 5. It allows you to, for at least one season, have matchups dictate whom over Gryz, Forbort and Clifton is in the lineup. And Gryz ability to play RD makes you feel safer about someone going down on the right side. Gavrikov just seems like a straight Forbort upgrade. Perhaps one that can play some shifts with McAvoy, but not super exciting.

Do we agree on all that? Anything missing?

I would do 1st, Lysell, ???, Reilly for Chychrun and Lorhei + Smith for Barbashev (only if the first deal goes thru) in a heart beat.
You’re trading Lohrei for a rental in Barbashev ?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Feels like we might end up with something like Barbashev and Soucy/Schenn lol
That ain't bad. Soucy is a good physical d and Barbashev is a very good 3W. If you add Schenn for more depth and lose Zboril that becomes a good veteran defense that can mix and match depending on opponent. Barbashev is a jerk who hits, aggravates and can score. He also can move up and down in the lineup.

Do i want Meier or Chychrun over any of those players, of course but Barbashev, Soucy and Schenn is a really good deadline day.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I have no idea if this sort of thing comes into play, but will the League be forced to step in (can they step in?) on the Chychrun situation?

He's sat for two already, and appears to be slated to sit again tonight.

If I were a fellow cellar dweller in the Bedard hunt I'd start to raise a stink if this goes on too much longer.

Again, not sure if it could happen but I'm sure several GM's are thinking that Az/Armstrong should trade or get off the pot.

Reactions: bme44 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad