Player Discussion #21 - David Schlemko

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It will be interesting to see what happens when Juulsen comes back. Do we ice 7 d a night until we are forced to make a decision? Do we trade Benn? Do we send down Juulsen and/or Mete?

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
It will be interesting to see what happens when Juulsen comes back. Do we ice 7 d a night until we are forced to make a decision? Do we trade Benn? Do we send down Juulsen and/or Mete?

I would send both down IMO. But then, that makes no room for a guy like Fleury probably, with Kulak, Sklenicka and Moravcik.

A trade is bound to happen, hopefully we trade Alzner, but it would be a dump trade with a prospect for a 6th rounder or somethig like that.

Ideally, the youngsters are playing in the A, developping their offence.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
He got a bit better in the 3rd but the first two periods were atrocious.

Go back and watch if you can. Every time he had the puck, whatever he tried didn't work.

He wasn't all bad without the puck but was all bad with the puck.

Alzner doesn't fit in because he mostly only passes to the glass but at least they are safe 2005 plays.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He got a bit better in the 3rd but the first two periods were atrocious.

Go back and watch if you can. Every time he had the puck, whatever he tried didn't work.

He wasn't all bad without the puck but was all bad with the puck.

Alzner doesn't fit in because he mostly only passes to the glass but at least they are safe 2005 plays.

1st game in 7 months.. It's sure that is hability with the puck are not in point

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Better skater than Benn and Alzner, but no better at handling the puck. First game in awhile so hopefully he improves on that. Needs to stay healthy.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A trade has to happen because if you send 2 down it screws over young players who are in development mode, especially Cale Fleury.
Alzner and Benn are redundant and bring zero value. Watch how McDavid exploits them this Tuesday, it could be very ugly

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I heard Martin Lemay on "On Jase" (RDS), and he was saying, back before this season started, that we had never seen the real Schlemko. He was stating the time he played with Phoenix but also with his time in San Jose. Actually, Schlemko moved to a lot of teams from 2014 to 2017.

In Pre-season , I really liked what he was doing. Before I saw him play at all, or barely saw him last season, I thought he was a depth defenseman, a poor one... but he's actually pretty good and valuable. If he can stay healthy, he'll get the job done.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I heard Martin Lemay on "On Jase" (RDS), and he was saying, back before this season started, that we had never seen the real Schlemko. He was stating the time he played with Phoenix but also with his time in San Jose. Actually, Schlemko moved to a lot of teams from 2014 to 2017.

In Pre-season , I really liked what he was doing. Before I saw him play at all, or barely saw him last season, I thought he was a depth defenseman, a poor one... but he's actually pretty good and valuable. If he can stay healthy, he'll get the job done.
Adequate bottom pairing D who is an improvement over Benn and Alzner

Reactions: Garnet76

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I can't get over how terrible Alzner really is. This guy is so bad I don't think he would even help Laval. Wtf is he still doing here, I do not get it. He's the one d who must go, Benn's been surprisingly good outside of a game or two here and there. Alzner is never good.

Jul 6, 2016

"Healthy" is the word.

Reactions: Fixxer

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Better skater than Benn and Alzner, but no better at handling the puck. First game in awhile so hopefully he improves on that. Needs to stay healthy.

He's actually way better than them at handling the puck. The issue with Schlemko is he sometimes holds onto the puck and tries to do too much, but he can actually stick handle and make a pass like those other two.

Reactions: Fixxer and Vachon23

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's actually way better than them at handling the puck. The issue with Schlemko is he sometimes holds onto the puck and tries to do too much, but he can actually stick handle and make a pass like those other two.

He was giving it away a lot. But first game so hopefully he'll work that out.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He has for sure, just not last night

Except for when he threw it up the middle in the defensive zone, 2x. Its just going to be like this all year, may as well get used to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad