Player Discussion #21 - David Schlemko

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Schlemko like Alzner would be another addition to Laval if he were to go on waivers, i'd also add Benn to that list.

Really hoping Mete, Kulak, and Rielly can gain the coach's confidence and we can say adios to the three amigos.

But Rielly is really in Julien's doghouse right now.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
He holds on to the puck way too long and puts himself in bad positions because of it. He would be way more effective if he moved the puck faster.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
We haven't seen the real Schlemko.

bKGzezk.gif

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Benn might be claimed because of his contract. But yeah Schlemko could probably join Laval.

Schlemko might have trade value if we retain or take a one-year bad contract back.

Benn might have trade value as well.

We should trade at least one of them.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Really hoping Mete, Kulak, and Rielly can gain the coach's confidence and we can say adios to the three amigos.

But Rielly is really in Julien's doghouse right now.
Simple ,if you can't figure out why your in the stands don't cry to the media .

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He’s trash and alzner would be better. No seriously I’d rather have Lernout out there. One of the worst dmen on the club in recent history does nothing well lol

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
David ''Average'' Schlemko.

I would trade him for a 6th round pick. Or a 4th round pick if we keep salary.
I’m not trying to say that Schlemko has any value at all, but to trade him for a 6th round pick you’d need a lot of luck to get a player who can at least slot into your lineup.

Since 2013 (and that’s as far back as I checked) there have been exactly two 6th rounders who have become even serviceable NHLers. Kevin Leblanc and Jesper Bratt.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I’m not trying to say that Schlemko has any value at all, but to trade him for a 6th round pick you’d need a lot of luck to get a player who can at least slot into your lineup.

Since 2013 (and that’s as far back as I checked) there have been exactly two 6th rounders who have become even serviceable NHLers. Kevin Leblanc and Jesper Bratt.

I know what you mean but it's more about giving playing time to young players. We're rebuilding.

Reactions: koyvoo

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

If we are tanking he will be a great tank commander especially given Clode’s bewildering desire to overplay the scrub, that’s more valuable than the 6th

Reactions: dralaf and koyvoo

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If we are tanking he will be a great tank commander especially given Clode’s bewildering desire to overplay the scrub, that’s more valuable than the 6th

To be fair though there's just one real tank commander and his name is Carey Price. As long as he keeps being a 3gga and 900 goalie we will struggle to finish higher than the 20th position.

I defend him often saying nobody would win with this defense and i mean it but Price has not been looking like a quality number 1 for a while.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Schlemko doesn't slot in our lineup either. If we want to improve we will have to try kids. And we will need to do it gradually 1 at a time.

Last year Mete graduated.
This year Juulsen graduated.
Next year Fleury might graduate.
And then Brook the year after.

In the meantime we should really give a good look at Kulak and Lernout to see if there's anything there (more than likely not). Also Olofsson if he ever comes back. Maybe the Czechs too.

The point of trading Schlemko for a 6th round pick is not really the pick you get but the space you create to evaluate someone else (younger than 26). This should really be our defense (healthy) post trade deadline.

Reilly-Weber
Mete-Juulsen
any combination of Kulak, Lernout, Ouellet or the Czechs.

Reactions: koyvoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->