Player Discussion #21 - David Schlemko

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patches misses Therrien's grinding system. No one to grind the puck in the corner and put it right on his stick while he's idle.

I thought Drouin was exactly what Patches needed to score off the cycle, especially in the play offs. Has not worked.

Patches will not go to the net.

Patches is not going to do squat in the play offs for us. He needs to be traded.

Teams interested in him or that seem a fit have real nice centre prospects or very young centres on the roster. We could get a centre with 1C or at least 2C ceiling and a 1st for him for sure in my view. LA has Kempe who is playing right now and Vilardi, a 13 th overall pick. Rags have Chytil ( kicking it in AHL) and Andersson.

Pull the trigger.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Jerabek will be the new Markov. Too bad Markov wanted too much term.

Markov's gone. Schlemko is doing well.

I wish you would have kept Pateryn in your Username. It fits you better.
Markov said he would take a 1 yr deal, and MB walked away...brutal.

Anyhow, DS has been steady, nothing too crazy good or anything, but steady...good to see!!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Nesterov was terrible, and Beaulieu never put it together but I'd play him over Alzner or Benn just for his skating.

The D this year has been way worse than the advanced stats show so far, but we'll see with Schlemko and Jerabek. Not that many shots given up but too many high danger shots and way, way too many two players in alone toying with the goalie chances that you just don't see in the NHL other than from the habs this year. Signing Alzer was nuts, as was trading Sergachev and his entry level contract, you have to ride those contracts and the 2-3 years of low cost play. Get an extra player with the savings (Radulov). Not let players go so you can trade for an older more expensive player and then lose someone (Radulov). The habs are really missing someone who drives the offensive play in a way Drouin doesn't (Radulov).

Ditch Alzner, sign Radulov, avoid trading Sergachev, and you can sign Markov while retaining Cap Space as the thirteenth forward. As usual MB's signings (Jerabek) and cheap pick ups (Schlemko) look good but the big moves make the habs older, slower, and easier to play against.

There is not a single NHL GM who would take Beaulieu over Ben or Alzner. Beaulieu shouldn't even be in the NHL.

MB tried to sign Radulov but was turned down. He wasn't going to stay unless we grossly overpaid him. Drouin will be fine as soon as we put him back on the wing where he belongs. Markov was a liability defensively as he may have been the slowest player in the league and he isn't getting younger. Giving in to his demand of a multiple year contract would have been incredibly stupid.

Calling last year's D corps better than this year's is plain ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as people who refer to Beaulieu as a PMD. He was an atrocious passer and despite his skating ability he had no idea where he was going or where he should be.

Reactions: Souffle

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought Drouin was exactly what Patches needed to score off the cycle, especially in the play offs. Has not worked.

Patches will not go to the net.

Patches is not going to do squat in the play offs for us. He needs to be traded.

Teams interested in him or that seem a fit have real nice centre prospects or very young centres on the roster. We could get a centre with 1C or at least 2C ceiling and a 1st for him for sure in my view. LA has Kempe who is playing right now and Vilardi, a 13 th overall pick. Rags have Chytil ( kicking it in AHL) and Andersson.

Pull the trigger.
Vilsrdi was drafted 11th....but has been out all season with a back injury. I would not offer Pacioretty with him being the main piece coming back

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Vilsrdi was drafted 11th....but has been out all season with a back injury. I would not offer Pacioretty with him being the main piece coming back

I have to agree. Enough risk moving Patches for futures let alone with someone missing so much time. If he returns and seems fine, then perhaps yes.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
There is not a single NHL GM who would take Beaulieu over Ben or Alzner. Beaulieu shouldn't even be in the NHL.

MB tried to sign Radulov but was turned down. He wasn't going to stay unless we grossly overpaid him. Drouin will be fine as soon as we put him back on the wing where he belongs. Markov was a liability defensively as he may have been the slowest player in the league and he isn't getting younger. Giving in to his demand of a multiple year contract would have been incredibly stupid.

Calling last year's D corps better than this year's is plain ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as people who refer to Beaulieu as a PMD. He was an atrocious passer and despite his skating ability he had no idea where he was going or where he should be.
Beaulieu is a braindead hockey player.

The rest of it you are very wrong.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Markov hadn't been replaced but the group is better then last years. Emelin beaulieu and nesterov were replaced with schlemko Alzner and Morrow.

Emelin for Alzner is an improvement as emelin wax a turnover machine

Schlemko for beaulieu is a major improvement and I didn't need to wait to see him this year. Check my posts loved schlemko signing. Perfect 4-5 d man and I even think he could play next to Weber and become a steal. As long as he stays healthy

Morrow nesterov is a swap of 7 d

Jerabek will take Markov place next to Weber I believe in the next few weeks when he plays a few more games.

Petry the last two weeks has been great and I really hope he can keep it up.

And throw mete in there and overall our D is younger, faster and much improved

Markov Emelin skating was their weak points. Alzner isn't fleet footed but mete jerabek schlemko morrow all skate circles around last years D

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
I hadn't seen Schlemko play much as he was always in smaller markets out of the spotlight, but man is he ever good. Everything you want in a #4. Skates well, head up, can stickhandle enough to get out of trouble. Very much needed on our back end.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hadn't seen Schlemko play much as he was always in smaller markets out of the spotlight, but man is he ever good. Everything you want in a #4. Skates well, head up, can stickhandle enough to get out of trouble. Very much needed on our back end.
Can't figure out if it's sarcasm or legit ...

He's as far away to be a number 4 as someone can be.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Really god i thought it was just one more year :(

Do you want to know something worse?

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn

.. are already under contract for next year. Only Benn's contract ends in 2019. hahaha haha ha... :(

.. but hey, Schlemko's cost was only a 5th round pick!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Do you want to know something worse?

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn

.. are already under contract for next year. Only Benn's contract ends in 2019. hahaha haha ha... :(

.. but hey, Schlemko's cost was only a 5th round pick!

Well you can buy sunglasses at wallmart for 5 bucks. I'll tell you they are no ray ban aviator ...

Reactions: ArtPeur

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Beaulieu showed no improvements in his time with Montreal. There is nothing else we could have done to help him get better. If he flourishes elsewhere, it's because he finally decided to try to improve.

His horrible shot was less horrible his last year, so there was that. But still the same bonehead plays as always.

It's a shame, because the guy has great physical attributes, just poor decision making.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His horrible shot was less horrible his last year, so there was that. But still the same bonehead plays as always.

It's a shame, because the guy has great physical attributes, just poor decision making.
Not to mention his terrible attitude as well.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I knew Schlemko would be bad because we overplay him due to our shitty defense. He is actually a solid #5 dman.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
What a bunch of bad post here...especially the part where Markov wanted multiple years :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->