21-22 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
If you want to see how bad Dougie Hamilton can be, go watch Game 4 against Nashville. Whoever signs him long term is absolutely screwed.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Stan probably could've taken MAF off Vegas hands last summer with additional assets coming back but he didnt do it...Now he wants to hit the market again for a starter, please don't pay up with so many other holes on the team...
What does MAF have to do with anything? Literally every team in the nhl declined MAF with the sweetener Vegas was offering. MAF doesn’t fit our timeline at all either. Why even bring him up? We shouldn’t be in the market for a 35+ year old goalie with term.

I do agree that it’s way too early to go big game hunting for a goalie though.

Reactions: bwana63

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What does MAF have to do with anything? Literally every team in the nhl declined MAF with the sweetener Vegas was offering. MAF doesn’t fit our timeline at all either. Why even bring him up? We shouldn’t be in the market for a 35+ year old goalie with term.

I thought MAF told Vegas he wasn’t going to waive?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Call me crazy but I think the Hawks might be a top pairing and a starting goalie away from being a contender. They need 3 players but top D are hard to get.

Like if the Hawks had Jones and Werenski I think they'd be very good.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
That’s it?
Yeah I think they're fine at forward. It's the D and goaltending that's the huge issue, and you can't really evaluate the goalies properly until they have decent play in front of them.
If you want to nitpick the forwards on the Hawks it's more about defensive play than anything else. I think they have plenty of talent to score, they just get hemmed in their own end so much.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
If you want to see how bad Dougie Hamilton can be, go watch Game 4 against Nashville. Whoever signs him long term is absolutely screwed.

in the 2 OT losses he was a 0 +- with 14 shots on goals. there is a price that is over what I would spend but outside of winning the Lottery I just dont know how we get a top pairing guy i n the next 2-3 years. I just dont think even of our young guys are difference makers at either end. they can be solid.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

31 Thoughts: Pens made calls on Marc-Andre Fleury, Vegas owner says ‘thanks, but no thanks’

Rumor: Marc-Andre Fleury Has Submitted No-Trade List To Vegas Golden Knights - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

MAF never waived, never wanted to be traded, and certainly there was never a situation where "Literally every team in the nhl declined MAF with the sweetener Vegas was offering."

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Stan should be monitoring the playoffs to ser which teams lose out and fail expectations in a spectacular way.
Some Team might want to retool and maybe we can take advantage of the situation.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stan should be monitoring the playoffs to ser which teams lose out and fail expectations in a spectacular way.
Some Team might want to retool and maybe we can take advantage of the situation.

What do we have to offer in that scenario?

We certainly cant afford to take on a bunch of longterm bad deals and those are what teams will be looking to offload if they want to "Retool" not short term deals

Wirtz isn't going to be thrilled to take on a bunch of big $ deals nor will he be happy to watch fans disappear from UC which is what will happen if Hawks suck for years to come

As far as our available assets what is of value to teams contending? Murphy is a bottom pairing defender on any team looking to contend for example

Hawks are actually not in any ideal situation to take advantage of anyone

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And frankly if Hawks have cap room I would rather add pieces via trade/fa to get Hawks to being a playoff team again and on path of contending rather then being dumping ground for other teams crap

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Who would you even trade though?

Dach, Cat, Kane, Toews, Keith, and Boqvist aren’t going anywhere.

No one is going to want Z for a playoff run.

Maybe there is a little interest in Murphy.

Suter and Kubalik are the only two that would make sense, but I’d rather just keep them.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
we need lankien to move from .910 to a ,918 goaile. we need dach, Boquist, borgstrom Nylander, reichel gaudette Kalynuk, (ZAD) to be as good or better next year then people expect by a small margin and we need 1 high end D man and I think if we are a good playoff team. when I say that need Dach 20 and 30, and all the other 5 in the 25-35 pt range for the season. ZAD just get the puck out faster and cleaner. I think we know what we are going to get from hagel, Suter, kub, Cat, kane, kurashev kampf. Murph, stillman connelly, carp, we need to move on from dehaan and strome. maybe a package deal to Seattle.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
we need lankien to move from .910 to a ,918 goaile. we need dach, Boquist, borgstrom Nylander, reichel gaudette Kalynuk, (ZAD) to be as good or better next year then people expect by a small margin and we need 1 high end D man and I think if we are a good playoff team. when I say that need Dach 20 and 30, and all the other 5 in the 25-35 pt range for the season. ZAD just get the puck out faster and cleaner. I think we know what we are going to get from hagel, Suter, kub, Cat, kane, kurashev kampf. Murph, stillman connelly, carp, we need to move on from dehaan and strome. maybe a package deal to Seattle.

Why would Seattle want that?

And if they want Strome he is likely available in expansion draft

Reactions: Pertti

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Suter and Kubalik are the only two that would make sense, but I’d rather just keep them.

Yes, but the Hawks have a lot of LTIR cap space, which is flippin' gold right now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Hawks were to "Help Out" a team the Oilers should be target and I have idea

To :hawks
G Mikko Koskinen (1 more year at 4.5M)
RW Matej Blumel (2019 4th round pick)

To :edmonton
G Malcom Subban

Blumel seems to be developing well in Czech Republic and as 20 yr old just made Czech WC roster. Hawks endure one year of Koskinen and hope he can bounce back to being effective NHL goalie as Lankinen carries load with Koskinen as #2

Subban is moved out just to make room for Koskinen on NHL roster

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If Hawks were to "Help Out" a team the Oilers should be target and I have idea

To :hawks
G Mikko Koskinen (1 more year at 4.5M)
RW Matej Blumel (2019 4th round pick)

To :edmonton
G Malcom Subban

Blumel seems to be developing well in Czech Republic and as 20 yr old just made Czech WC roster. Hawks endure one year of Koskinen and hope he can bounce back to being effective NHL goalie as Lankinen carries load with Koskinen as #2

Subban is moved out just to make room for Koskinen on NHL roster

How about Strome for Koskinen?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Oilers would only save 1.5M in cap and Strome is negative asset at this point

Why would Oilers do something like that?

Hole point in moving Koskinen is for them to open cap room to either go after top 9 W or potentially upgrade at RD

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Any teams of GMs stand out to anyone that tend to take on reclamation projects like Strome? Can only hope to find some kind of sucker willing to.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Oilers would only save 1.5M in cap and Strome is negative asset at this point

Why would Oilers do something like that?

Hole point in moving Koskinen is for them to open cap room to either go after top 9 W or potentially upgrade at RD

Columbus needs top 9 talent especially at C

Strome could be a good stopgap for them at no real risk (Given he is signed for only 1 more year)

You just said he’s a negative asset. Now he’s a top 9 option?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Maybe there is interest in Murphy? This is a joke right. Murphy would have a lot of interest.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Maybe there is interest in Murphy? This is a joke right. Murphy would have a lot of interest.

To me Murphy seems like he would be a backup plan for a team who didn’t get their main target via UFA so they go after Murphy as a backup plan. Not exactly a guy who is going to have a huge bidding war to acquire.

But who knows, flat cap plus Seattle will change everything. Someone might get desperate.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He is more a plan C/D of teams looking for top 4 RHD

His performance this year was nothing great and was frankly his usual up and down self

Hawks made mistake not trading him last offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad