21-22 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The Hawks should absolutely not move Dach to the wing in place of Shalunov or Borgstrom. The Hawks *need* Dach to be a centre.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
im all for signing shalunov. getting more size in the lineup seems really important watching playoff games. SUTER, KURASHEV, HAGEL, CAT, KANE how many small guy can you run out there and make it thru a few rounds of playoffs. if you think about Diff makers IE who had Big playoffs compared to the reg season BUFF 2010, Bickell 2013, SAAD 2015, plus our best young D are all under 190 lbs some closer to 175-180

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
im all for signing shalunov. getting more size in the lineup seems really important watching playoff games. SUTER, KURASHEV, HAGEL, CAT, KANE how many small guy can you run out there and make it thru a few rounds of playoffs. if you think about Diff makers IE who had Big playoffs compared to the reg season BUFF 2010, Bickell 2013, SAAD 2015, plus our best young D are all under 190 lbs some closer to 175-180

And Shalunov brings a lot more than size to the table. Kinda similar to a UFA signing (very experienced and in his prime), except he's coming from the KHL. If his ask is reasonable, I see this as a no-brainer.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
2021-22 Defence

Chicago
1-Connor Murphy
2-Adam Boqvist
3-Duncan Keith
4,5,6,7-Riley Stillman, Wyatt Kalynuk, Ian Mitchell and Nicolas Beaudin
Unknown-Calvin deHaan, Nikita Zadorov

Rockford
1-Alec Regula
2-Chad Krys
3-Isaak Phillips
4-Jakub Galvas
Unknown-Cole Moberg, Michael Krutil, Josh Ess and Louis Crevier

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
2021-22 Defence

Chicago
1-Connor Murphy
2-Adam Boqvist
3-Duncan Keith

Rockford
1-Alec Regula
2-Chad Krys
3-Isaak Phillips
4-Jakub Galvas

major problem

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
major problem
I have no idea where they're getting a top pair D if they don't develop one.....because stars don't get traded in the hard cap NHL. There are a few exceptions.....but I can't think of an absolute star player getting traded since Joe Thornton. Boqvist has a chance to be very good, but idk if he'll ever be more than a great #2 solely because of his size.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I have no idea where they're getting a top pair D if they don't develop one.....because stars don't get traded in the hard cap NHL. There are a few exceptions.....but I can't think of an absolute star player getting traded since Joe Thornton. Boqvist has a chance to be very good, but idk if he'll ever be more than a great #2 solely because of his size.
they will have to take a chance on some guys and hope they turn out. ala adam fox. Try and go get someone like Thomas Harley or even Connor Timmons for 1D lottery tickets.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
they will have to take a chance on some guys and hope they turn out. ala adam fox. Try and go get someone like Thomas Harley or even Connor Timmons for 1D lottery tickets.
I mean, Boqvist would have to be able to score 70+ points as a defenseman in order to be considered a true #1. There are different types of #1Ds. There are the Karlsson types, the Keith/Doughty types and the Hedman types, and then there are some that are a combination of different parts of all 3.

Boqvist's only chance of being an elite defenseman comes from being able to score like a true 1st line forward. He has the skills to do it, but who knows if he ever puts it all together. I think he could also become a very good defender for his size, but there's just something missing when a D is lacking size and strength.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
2021-22 Defence

Chicago
1-Connor Murphy
2-Adam Boqvist
3-Duncan Keith

Rockford
1-Alec Regula
2-Chad Krys
3-Isaak Phillips
4-Jakub Galvas
This team is going nowhere with that d lineup next year.

Boq #2??, at this point he should be in the bottom tier.
Keith is getting old to be in the top 3.
Murphy as a #1, yikes.

if this is what they are going into next season with I don’t see any improvement in their current standings.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
According to what Zawaski said from his conversations with sources, the Hawks view Lankinen as an elite backup to a replacement-level starting goalie. So if you believe that, I'm guessing they're far from set at goalie for next season.

I'd bet someone is brought in.. I mean that's exactly how Stan sold this year's situation anyway. He said a lot of good goalies become available during an expansion draft.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This team is going nowhere with that d lineup next year.

Boq #2??, at this point he should be in the bottom tier.
Keith is getting old to be in the top 3.
Murphy as a #1, yikes.

if this is what they are going into next season with I don’t see any improvement in their current standings.
They're rebuilding, that's still the goal unless you're good from young guys from within making a lot of steps.

Just the same as Detroit is planning

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Sasha Barkov,

5666047820_f41647b8d4_b.jpg

to join the Blackhawks as a Free Agent.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I was reading the Powers + Lazerus best case off-season article, and kind of got fascinated with their projected top 6, should Reichel be ready.

Debrincat - Toews - Kubalik
Reichel - Dach - Kane

That looks so good. We'll have to see how ready Reichel is before projecting but still.

And look at a potential bottom six, if Borgstrom can bring in impact:

Kurashev - Borgstrom - Hagel
Gaudette - Suter - Nylander

I'm not sure about work ethic necessarily and the lines being tough enough to play against but that's a boatload of skill.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I was reading the Powers + Lazerus best case off-season article, and kind of got fascinated with their projected top 6, should Reichel be ready.

Debrincat - Toews - Kubalik
Reichel - Dach - Kane

That looks so good. We'll have to see how ready Reichel is before projecting but still.

And look at a potential bottom six, if Borgstrom can bring in impact:

Kurashev - Borgstrom - Hagel
Gaudette - Suter - Nylander

I'm not sure about work ethic necessarily and the lines being tough enough to play against but that's a boatload of skill.
I'd rather swap Cat and Reichel if Reichel is indeed in the lineup. Kane likes having a right shot guy on his left wing, and Reichel plays a style that generally works really well with Toews (or at least used to, who knows how Toews is if he does return).

That bottom 6 won't fly though. Can't have two 3rd lines. We need a 4th line that can handle opposing teams' top lines. Only guy I feel confident can handle that role in that top six is Hagel. Maybe one of Gaudette or Nylander if they were paired with 2 defensively minded guys.

Hagel has played center in the past, so if the Hawks wanted they could move on from Kampf at 4C. But they still need at least one other guy on that bottom line who plays that style (Entwistle and Barratt work if you want to see a kid there).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd rather swap Cat and Reichel if Reichel is indeed in the lineup. Kane likes having a right shot guy on his left wing, and Reichel plays a style that generally works really well with Toews (or at least used to, who knows how Toews is if he does return).

That bottom 6 won't fly though. Can't have two 3rd lines. We need a 4th line that can handle opposing teams' top lines. Only guy I feel confident can handle that role in that top six is Hagel. Maybe one of Gaudette or Nylander if they were paired with 2 defensively minded guys.

Hagel has played center in the past, so if the Hawks wanted they could move on from Kampf at 4C. But they still need at least one other guy on that bottom line who plays that style (Entwistle and Barratt work if you want to see a kid there).
This is how I'd line them up with a healthy Toews:
Cat-Toews-Kane
Kurashev-Dach-Kubalik---I think this could end up being a matchup line that takes pressure off Toews
Gaudette-Borgstrom-Nylander
Hagel-Carpenter/Kampf-Entwistle

One of the things I'd be looking for is a LHD partner for Boqvist. Neither Keith nor Zadorov are it. He needs someone steady and reliable.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I’d swap Kubalik and Reichel. I think DeBrincat, with his two-way game and scoring ability, is exactly what Toews needs on his wing.

Kubalik was fine with him, but DeBrincat could be perfect with him.

Also, Kubalik should thrive with Kane.

The top line RW should be the new lottery spot.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
According to what Zawaski said from his conversations with sources, the Hawks view Lankinen as an elite backup to a replacement-level starting goalie. So if you believe that, I'm guessing they're far from set at goalie for next season.

I'd bet someone is brought in.. I mean that's exactly how Stan sold this year's situation anyway. He said a lot of good goalies become available during an expansion draft.
Let’s fix the defense situation before we start evaluating goalies, since a lot of the good ones I. The league are helped at least a little by the personnel/system, something the Hawks might be a league worst at.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Stan probably could've taken MAF off Vegas hands last summer with additional assets coming back but he didnt do it...Now he wants to hit the market again for a starter, please don't pay up with so many other holes on the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad