Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That would be the best signing of AC Milan since Leao

Kid has it all in his toolbox, but they've done some other really nifty business lately. Thiaw was just 8M, Maignan & Tonali both cost around 15M, and Kalulu was almost free. He would most likely crack the top 5 of their best deals since Leao, but depending on how long he takes to develop and when he left for a bigger club, he could be anywhere from 1st to 5th on that list even if he doesn't bust.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport Bild now claiming Leipzig have the inside track in Ouedraogo and his buyout clause is only 7m instead of the 12-15M it was reported to be for German clubs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I can't pin down who started the rumour, but some reports out of Italy say that Napoli will sell Osimhen next summer.

E: BBC reporting that it seems he will leave. Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool are all going after him. I can't see the Reds buying him.

EII: The rumour came from Napoli's president, de Laurentiis.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The guy I called "new Salah", Tamari of Montpellier, has seen Liverpool inquire this week.
A little old but interesting skills . Probably doesn’t have a ton of miles on him either. Liverpool “linked” with some bigger names than that over the international break but not worth repeating .

But if LFC has to sell Salah, the first thing I am doing is giving the Saudis their money back by paying Bruno G.’s release clause. Will figure out the rest later

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
A little old but interesting skills . Probably doesn’t have a ton of miles on him either. Liverpool “linked” with some bigger names than that over the international break but not worth repeating .

But if LFC has to sell Salah, the first thing I am doing is giving the Saudis their money back by paying Bruno G.’s release clause. Will figure out the rest later

What do you mean? You're not ready to go full-Jussi about Musiala to LFC? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gecklund and Savant

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Selling Salah would definitely put them in a positon for Osimhen, especially if one of the Saudi clubs wants to spend 120+ million.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Selling Salah would definitely put them in a positon for Osimhen, especially if one of the Saudi clubs wants to spend 120+ million.
As I said, if I am getting that money in the bank the first thing I am doing is paying Bruno G’s release clause. If 100m + is the new market value for DMs, that’s kind of a bargain honestly. LFC have a lot of forwards, none as good as Salah obviously, but you get Bruno playing where Alexis is playing and you push Alexis up, and that’s a big improvement on the current structure. Still need to refresh the defense a bit but Quansah emergence is going to help there

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I also think someone like Bruno moves the needle more for Liverpool than someone like Osimhen.
I mean I am not going to scoff at adding elite forwards (or Musiala) but Bruno G fixes their biggest problem and is actually market value with that release clause. That’s my move

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Deeply fascinated by Guirassy. He's super outperforming his xG, but is still averaging 1xG per game which is itself pretty nuts! Only 1 penalty in those 14 goals!

Reactions: Blender

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Deeply fascinated by Guirassy. He's super outperforming his xG, but is still averaging 1xG per game which is itself pretty nuts! Only 1 penalty in those 14 goals!
He's certainly outproducing his performances, but he is also just playing really f***in well & being extremely opportunistic. Our defense fell asleep for a moment and he'd already found the space for the free header that left us chasing the rest of the match.

Curious to see where he & that VFB squad end up because even though they do have some players who are outperforming all prior expectations, like Guirassy & Führich, a lot more are just finally living up to their previous hype. So it'll be very interesting to see how this sustains.

Ito has taken a huge step this season. Zagadou is enjoying a renaissance...at least until his next injury. Anton is playing the best football of his life after a mostly disappointing senior level career. Roualt is settling in nicely with his versatility. Plus they still have the much hyped Stergiou getting acclimated & Vagnoman eventually getting healthy again.

While Millot & Stiller have just been a revelation for their midfield, giving them a nice balance with Karazor behind an attacking line that is so hot right now that they leave scorch marks on the pitch.

I mean I am not going to scoff at adding elite forwards (or Musiala) but Bruno G fixes their biggest problem and is actually market value with that release clause. That’s my move
If it makes you feel better the latest crazy rumor is that if Musiala doesn't extend with Bayern it's because Pep is recruiting him to succeed KdB.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean he's a 27 year old that was just bought for 9 million euros. I doubt anyone had him breaking his career high in goals in October on their bingo card.

Of course no one expected him to be on a record-obliterating pace a quarter of the way into the season...but even if he was scoring at just his xG rate, that would still be a fantastic and unpredictable breakout.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed and you say f*** you to the Saudi too. That's the best move all around

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maillot was hyped. Not Guirassy though.

If I wasn't clear, I was saying that pretty much only Guirassy & Führich weren't ever hyped, almost everyone else had hype at some point in their development...Karazor being the only other player who has played a big part in their hot start, who never had any hype.

Millot you've mentioned but also:
- Stiller had a lot of hype when he left Bayern's academy; things didn't work out for him with Hoffenheim but he continued to be a big figure for our youth NTs.
- Silas exploded onto the scene when he arrived in Germany.
- Leweling featured regularly for our U19-U21 NTs.
- Anton was once a hyped youth NTer that never really took off at the senior level.
- Zagadou had hype before his body kept breaking down.
- Mittelstadt was hyped to be Lahm's eventual FB partner when he was coming through Hertha's academy.
- Nübel was the most or second most hyped GK prospects we had between the Neuer / Leno / MAtS generation and this new crop.

Plus guys like Vagnoman, Stergiou, Nartey, Ulrich, etc. either have or had a lot of hype, despite not yet having played much of a role in Stuttgart's performance this season.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If I wasn't clear, I was saying that pretty much only Guirassy & Führich weren't ever hyped, almost everyone else had hype at some point in their development...Karazor being the only other player who has played a big part in their hot start, who never had any hype.

Millot you've mentioned but also:
- Stiller had a lot of hype when he left Bayern's academy; things didn't work out for him with Hoffenheim but he continued to be a big figure for our youth NTs.
- Silas exploded onto the scene when he arrived in Germany.
- Leweling featured regularly for our U19-U21 NTs.
- Anton was once a hyped youth NTer that never really took off at the senior level.
- Zagadou had hype before his body kept breaking down.
- Mittelstadt was hyped to be Lahm's eventual FB partner when he was coming through Hertha's academy.
- Nübel was the most or second most hyped GK prospects we had between the Neuer / Leno / MAtS generation and this new crop.

Plus guys like Vagnoman, Stergiou, Nartey, Ulrich, etc. either have or had a lot of hype, despite not yet having played much of a role in Stuttgart's performance this season.
That’s been the frustrating part. They’ve had much more talent for a while now to where they shouldn’t be staving off relegation. Maybe not top of the table, but a lot of players have come through the squad who can play.

It won’t last, but they’ve been fun to watch

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Supposedly USA CDM Johnny Cardoso on the way to Real Betis in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad