GDT: 2024 TDL thread. Post all trades, rumors, and etc around the league. (TDL, Friday 3/8 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Bobby Carpenter.
498219c2bd71e43f44057e76246dff78--princess-bride-quotes-the-princess-bride.jpg

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This is truly crazy. Does anyone remember a time when a pretty good player was traded twice like this in such a short amount of time? I can't imagine the Canucks are gonna get what they paid for him.
Maybe 75 cents on the dollar if they are lucky.

Not the NHL but Mike Piazza was a Florida Marlin for a week when the Dodgers traded him there, then flipped him to the Mets.

Reactions: bl02

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Phil Esposito made a bad mistake look worse trading Carpenter and Tommy Laidlaw to his buddy Rogie Vachon for Marcel Dionne's corpse.

The Rangers should have kept him. He went on to be a good player in Pittsburgh. Of course.

Pascal Dupuis made 22.2M in Pittsburgh and owes almost all of it to Sidney Crosby. I hope Pascal sends Sidney an amazing Christmas gift each year.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Played in 45 or less for four consecutive seasons before that.
It should be noted that two of those years were shortened by the pandemic, but yes, he did miss significant time over that period. He has been relatively healthy in the two years since then and any player we acquire has a risk of getting hurt.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko + Sykora + 1st for Guntzel?
Hell to the NO

So you would trade Kakko for a rental? No thanks. I'd only do this if Guntzel would resign.
not even then b'c it is youth for a vet, and worse a vet who is gonna cost + would suck every nickel we might recover dealing Trouba, which is needed elsewhere

Lmfao who knows

Should the Rangers go after Elias Lindholm if he's apparently available again?

Would anyone trade Kakko in a trade for a resigned Lindholm even if it's only a 1 or 2 year extension???
NO on KK for re-signed Lindh.
I would be open to discussing Lindh. as a rental for a conditional 7th, and other stuff like Sykora only if Rs win the cup
Not otherwise

He isn't small.at 6' 192 lbs. I think his skating is holding him back.
Where have we heard this before?
Maybe here is where we do Robertson + Sykora + BMB + conditional picks?
for
Wright
and hope we can eventually get his skating NHL par as was the case w/LaF

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think that for the type of role we are looking for, I wouldn't be opposed to Barabanov. He's kind of a speedy, tenacious SOB. Makes $2.5m and is a UFA at years end. Only 10 points this year after 47 in 68 games last year (33 @ 5v5).

I would doubt there is much of a market for him and I don't think SJ will want to use their last retention slot on him.

Also

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
I think that for the type of role we are looking for, I wouldn't be opposed to Barabanov. He's kind of a speedy, tenacious SOB. Makes $2.5m and is a UFA at years end. Only 10 points this year after 47 in 68 games last year (33 @ 5v5).

I would doubt there is much of a market for him and I don't think SJ will want to use their last retention slot on him.

Also

The only way NYR can fit Tarasenko & other moves is if money some how moves out. Isn't it true Vlad can't come back to NYR w/o retention since he was on the reserve list within a year?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
No one should give Van a good deal for him. The price went down for sure. Why should anyone help Van even come close to the value they paid?
I’ve been told by some Canucks fans that it’s all part of the plan. As if management shouldn’t have a good idea whether or not a player will fit in. How they expect to break even after Lindholm has been so poor for them is beyond me.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The only way NYR can fit Tarasenko & other moves is if money some how moves out. Isn't it true Vlad can't come back to NYR w/o retention since he was on the reserve list within a year?
He can come back, but Rangers would have to take full value of contract -- no retention is allowed.

Reactions: surlysailor

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I find it very odd that CBJ healthy scratched Marchenko last night to play 11F/7D. Speaking of stupid teams. 23 years old, having a career year poits wise and an upcoming RFA. Is there something im missing or should Drury be all over this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad