GDT: 2024 TDL thread. Post all trades, rumors, and etc around the league. (TDL, Friday 3/8 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Rangers

Mar 16, 2022
Franklin Tn
What would you have done?

Deadline day is not the day for long-term moves. It's the day to overpay for marginal or expiring pieces.

Other than Guentzel, who I'm glad we didn't overpay for, I really would have liked to see Chychrun. The biggest issue I have with this management is their complete blindness to Trouba and Lindgren sucking ass. But TBH that was probably a pipe dream and I never expected it.
Maybe they are seeing it and just going on wait to what’s available this summer.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love Vegas' approach of just continuing to put talented players on their roster.

It's f***ing mind blowing how that works out.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I love Vegas' approach of just continuing to put talented players on their roster.

It's f***ing mind blowing how that works out.
I mean it also helps to have half your roster “get hurt” at the right time and not have to follow the rules that everyone else does

I’m not saying more teams shouldn’t do it. But it’s very convenient that 14.5 mil is available this year and 9.5 mil 2 years in a row before that. Bettman also will do anything for the continued success of Vegas

Reactions: gabevh3

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
One thing I really don't like about the deadline news cycle is the players that get mentioned in trade rumors that don't get moved.

I'm specifically thinking of Kakko. There was one report that came out that implied he was part of the package for Guentzel. And he IS an RFA this summer. And assuming that resigning him is an option we want to retain this summer, it does not help that his name appears in trade rumors. It doesn't exactly show a commitment to a young player to have his name reported by a legit beat reporter as being in a trade proposal. It complicates matters. Being an RFA Kakko has limited leverage, but this could very well complicate negotiations. Hopefully for him, he has a kickass playoffs and all this becomes moot.

I really don't want to trade him until we see what he looks like closer to his prime. I think he's going to get better and better and be a different impactful player at 25 or 26 than he is now. but there's some hope mixed in there.

Reactions: Larrybiv

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I mean it also helps to have half your roster “get hurt” at the right time and not have to follow the rules that everyone else does

I’m not saying more teams shouldn’t do it. But it’s very convenient that 14.5 mil is available this year and 9.5 mil 2 years in a row before that. Bettman also will do anything for the continued success of Vegas
The problem with our country club core is that no one is willing to sacrifice their spleen for the cause. Bunch if babies...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Odd. Wasn’t he rumored to be a Rangers fan? And he doesn’t want to get a chance at the playoffs?
They don’t call him Casperetty for nothing.

But still, they traded for Stone, Pietrangelo, and Eichel without the LITR

Reactions: gabevh3 and mas0764

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
One thing I really don't like about the deadline news cycle is the players that get mentioned in trade rumors that don't get moved.

I'm specifically thinking of Kakko. There was one report that came out that implied he was part of the package for Guentzel. And he IS an RFA this summer. And assuming that resigning him is an option we want to retain this summer, it does not help that his name appears in trade rumors. It doesn't exactly show a commitment to a young player to have his name reported by a legit beat reporter as being in a trade proposal. It complicates matters. Being an RFA Kakko has limited leverage, but this could very well complicate negotiations. Hopefully for him, he has a kickass playoffs and all this becomes moot.

I really don't want to trade him until we see what he looks like closer to his prime. I think he's going to get better and better and be a different impactful player at 25 or 26 than he is now. but there's some hope mixed in there.
As far as I know he was t actually included in a proposal and that was some dumb twitter bullshit where they misrepresent what was actually said

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
1709944476997.png

Reactions: SA16

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

We should just do that. The league has continually ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad