GDT: 2024 TDL thread. Post all trades, rumors, and etc around the league. (TDL, Friday 3/8 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He's been similar to Edstrom, but he's more physical and fights.
On top of that, the team clearly loves having him around. You can see the excitement on his face being in the NHL.

I'm not saying Edstrom wasn't happy or the team hates him, but Rempe just has exudes that kind of personality that is important in building a team.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yeah but to me it looks like Hanifin wanted to go to a no/low tax state, so NY was never really an option. If NY was not an option there is nothing to complain about.
He also had a modified No Trade Contract -- one can infer that NYR were not on the "trade to" list.

Reactions: CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
2 things are going to become obvious quickly. Is Ruhwedel any good or is he just an analytics darling? And is Trouba actually a detriment to this team?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
we have a tough stretch of games coming up.... scheduling wise. 6 games in 9 days

Fresh infusion of players will help... I really hope the KAM Schneider steps up

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
2 things are going to become obvious quickly. Is Ruhwedel any good or is he just an analytics darling? And is Trouba actually a detriment to this team?
I think it depends on what role they put Ruhwedel in. If he's called on to take hard minutes then I'm not gonna count on him crushing it. If he's playing 3rd pairing with Gus and Schneider slides up then that's probably fine

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I think it depends on what role they put Ruhwedel in. If he's called on to take hard minutes then I'm not gonna count on him crushing it. If he's playing 3rd pairing with Gus and Schneider slides up then that's probably fine
I think Schneider can ace this test

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Only the Rangers aren't smart enough to put Trouba on LTIR and weaoponize the cap space to recoup some picks acting as a third team broker.
Whatever.
Drury I think did a good job and hopefully this indicates a little bit of change in the organizations thinking. Develop young forwards rather than just rushing them and/or trading them.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Only the Rangers aren't smart enough to put Trouba on LTIR and weaoponize the cap space to recoup some picks acting as a third team broker.
Whatever.
Drury I think did a good job and hopefully this indicates a little bit of change in the organizations thinking. Develop young forwards rather than just rushing them and/or trading them.
They'd have to hold him out for the rest of the year and have a medical reason to do so. I guess you could say they could lie and keep him out but I suspect the NHL is looking at that stuff pretty closely

Otherwise, they'd have to re-active him and be up shit creek because the cap space to bring him back to the lineup would be tied up in retention

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They'd have to hold him out for the rest of the year and have a medical reason to do so. I guess you could say they could lie and keep him out but I suspect the NHL is looking at that stuff pretty closely

Otherwise, they'd have to re-active him and be up shit creek because the cap space to bring him back to the lineup would be tied up in retention
I mean the playoffs start in what a month? 2-3 week injury can't be a 4-6 week injury? I mean we aren't talking 3 months.
Anyway I see where you're coming from just a bit frustrating.
It will be interesting to see Vegas' guys return game 1 for the playoffs.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Him and Miller have been here for a few years now. Take the training wheels off already.
agreed
I think it's just down to whether the captain that the coaches have relied on in that position can be moved down to the third pairing, in the coaches mind

I mean the playoffs start in what a month? 2-3 week injury can't be a 4-6 week injury? I mean we aren't talking 3 months.
Anyway I see where you're coming from just a bit frustrating.
It will be interesting to see Vegas' guys return game 1 for the playoffs.
really interested to see when Stone comes back since that injury is a big ol ???

If he is magically ready for game 1 then I definitely call shenanigans

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Vegas still has their 2024 1st round pick. :laugh:

At least we filled some holes. Toronto’s big add was a 4C.

@Leonardo87 can you create a trade thread for Wennberg?

Last edited:

Go Rangers

Mar 16, 2022
Franklin Tn
Vegas does this every year. But again, you have said these big moves don't workout so therefore you should be happy with the rangers deadline?

They clearly find ways to do it. It's not about not having enough. It is about whether the GM has the cajones to do it.
I’m just glad they kept their assets until the right player is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad