GDT: 2024 TDL thread. Post all trades, rumors, and etc around the league. (TDL, Friday 3/8 @ 3pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How do you not LTIR this guy and take advantage like Vegas and Tampa do?!

honestly kind of pissed drury didnt have the balls to LTIR trouba like vegas is doing and go get someone good

because those are smart, successful , forward thinking organizations
It only works if Trouba is on LTIR until the end of the season. Maybe we could have fudged the numbers, but who were we getting with that cap space? It wasn't cap space that held us back, it was the cost.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It only works if Trouba is on LTIR until the end of the season. Maybe we could have fudged the numbers, but who were we getting with that cap space? It wasn't cap space that held us back, it was the cost.
This was a buyers market, nobody gave up very much. Did you see that Hanifin, Guentzel, etc fetched? Nobody traded a top prospect so i dont see how everyone's so jazzed that we managed to hold onto Perreault, it was never going to cost him or even Othmann.

Prices were cheap af, and we missed out on some major help.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This was a buyers market, nobody gave up very much. Did you see that Hanifin, Guentzel, etc fetched? Nobody traded a top prospect so i dont see how everyone's so jazzed that we managed to hold onto Perreault, it was never going to cost him or even Othmann.

Hanifin should have been added, you’ll get no argument from me there.

Guentzel would have been a waste of assets. Good player but not what we need.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

We could have traded for Guentzel and didn't because we didn't like the cost. Wasn't a matter of cap space.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
i mean we all know vegas is fudging the numbers....and we have the assets to acquire someone it was that drury didnt want to trade them for a rental (which im ok with)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

That's what we can see, sure. But there's no way we can see the real time calculus of the GMs. They could've tried to fleece Drury in real time but when he said no they consummated other deals with less packaged.

Reactions: majordomo

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
If the Rangers felt about Trouba like this board does, he would have been on LTIR and would have used that cap. But they don't want him out until the playoffs. They want him back as soon as they can get him back.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the Rangers felt about Trouba like this board does, he would have been on LTIR and would have used that cap. But they don't want him out until the playoffs. They want him back as soon as they can get him back.
Or hes only going to need to miss 2-3 weeks. I’m sure if they go on a run and build a cushion they’ll take their time getting him back in.

You can’t fudge shit THAT much for something that doesn’t need surgical intervention and isn’t a major injury.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Missed out on some major help? Like who exactly? Guentzel? We couldn't match CAR's offer without touching Othmann and/or the 1st. Leave them out and the Rangers had nothing to offer except Kakko or Cuylle.... remember Pitts wanted and got an NHL roster player too.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
B- for me. Didn’t give up the farm but also didn’t get a true difference maker

We’ll see how it plays out

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Or hes only going to need to miss 2-3 weeks. I’m sure if they go on a run and build a cushion they’ll take their time getting him back in.

You can’t fudge shit THAT much for something that doesn’t need surgical intervention and isn’t a major injury.
It's March 8th. Season ends on 4/15. Only 2 weeks of the season after he returns. If they wanted to, they could have put him on LTIR. Interesting that they gave a timeline for Trouba. They didn't for Fox, Kakko or Fil.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's March 8th. Season ends on 4/15. Only 2 weeks of the season after he returns. If they wanted to, they could have put him on LTIR. Interesting that they gave a timeline for Trouba. They didn't for Fox, Kakko or Fil.

No they couldn’t have. Not if it weren’t an injury that would have legitimately kept him out that long.

These guys get evaluated so this shit doesn’t happen. If he were in danger of missing the rest of the season, I’m sure you would have seen them pull the LTIR shenanigans.

From reading the tea leaves, it sounds like this is as much about giving his body a chance to catch a breather as it is to heal up what ever is ailing him. You can’t LTIR that.

I hope they start giving other guys games/several games off in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Cmox

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
No they couldn’t have. Not if it weren’t an injury that would have legitimately kept him out that long.

These guys get evaluated so this shit doesn’t happen. If he were in danger of missing the rest of the season, I’m sure you would have seen them pull the LTIR shenanigans.

From reading the tea leaves, it sounds like this is as much about giving his body a chance to catch a breather as it is to heal up what ever is ailing him. You can’t LTIR that.

I hope they start giving other guys games/several games off in the coming weeks.
2-3 weeks of rest? Stop going down to a knee every 5 minutes and maybe you wouldn't have welts all over your legs. At the worse, maybe someone tells him that playing goalie is not effective and can get you hurt.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Perfect deadline for this team. It's gonna come down to our core playing well in playoffs no matter who we added. If Zibanejad, Panarin, Fox, Kreider, and Trochek bring the offense we're as good as anyone. If they don't then we were just adding pieces to a broken puzzle.

Not that Rempe has been bad but how tf is he staying over Edstrom
He's been similar to Edstrom, but he's more physical and fights.

Reactions: Ail

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Rangers are enamored with bad players

Missed out on some major help? Like who exactly? Guentzel? We couldn't match CAR's offer without touching Othmann and/or the 1st. Leave them out and the Rangers had nothing to offer except Kakko or Cuylle.... remember Pitts wanted and got an NHL roster player too.
Hanifin.

I said we don’t really need a winger

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I just keep thinking about the desperation on both Tom Fitzgerald and Mike Grier's faces as the paperwork for Vanecek <> Kahkonen waited in the queue at 2:53 pm EST.

• Haha
Reactions: Cmox and AirGut

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The Rangers are enamored with bad players

Hanifin.

I said we don’t really need a winger

Yeah but to me it looks like Hanifin wanted to go to a no/low tax state, so NY was never really an option. If NY was not an option there is nothing to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad