Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
You can only sign Nico for his release clause. Price of it unknown but I would imagine around 80-90 million euros. No reason for Bilbao to sell their franchise and best player
Yeah I imagine it’s the release clause or nothing but the article was surprising

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah I imagine it’s the release clause or nothing but the article was surprising

Not too surprising, but I think if he moves he’ll move to a bigger club with all due respect to Villa. I don’t think he’ll move this Summer though. HIs new deal was to protect Athletic Club to a degree, but I think it also potentially signals hims staying another season, especially if they can nab a CL spot.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Not too surprising, but I think if he moves he’ll move to a bigger club with all due respect to Villa. I don’t think he’ll move this Summer though. HIs new deal was to protect Athletic Club to a degree, but I think it also potentially signals hims staying another season, especially if they can nab a CL spot.
I think the only way that Villa is realistic is playing on Unai's ties to the Basque region (which might be a big point for them). But agree, I don't think a move for either of them is likely at this stage (to anywhere else) since Nico's new contract

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Redondo to Inter Miami is official.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hopefully it's only for a season or two at max. His father, the great Fernando Redondo, moved to Europe at the age of 21 and to Real Madrid at 25.

If Federico becomes even half the player of his father, he would be a good player in European top leagues.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Nuts. He's been compellingly linked with decent European sides and I've heard he's a pretty great prospect. The Argentina --> MLS prospect pipeline looks like it could get even more intense with Mr. Messi in Miami.

Reactions: JPBolts

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017

BUT WHY?!?

I wanted him at Milan to play at the base of Pioli’s 4-3-3. Puzzling move, I feel like he could’ve walked into many mid table teams in any big league in Europe right away. I get the “Messi” factor, but even for Inter Miami. This guy is Busquets clone. Are they compatible to play alongside each other?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Nuts. He's been compellingly linked with decent European sides and I've heard he's a pretty great prospect. The Argentina --> MLS prospect pipeline looks like it could get even more intense with Mr. Messi in Miami.
Hopefully we will start to see more of these young guys sold and then immediately prosper in Europe from MLS. They’re buying so many young guys but not a ton of sells to bigger leagues.

Miami isn’t the worst place for a young player though. Messi, Busquets, Alba, Tata, Suarez all to teach the young guys.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm kinda stunned he isn't going to the EPL but Rick Westhead is reporting we've agreed to terms with him.

Just gotta deal with Bayern now. Hopefully we get that Kroos discount!
Who would realistically buy him?

I guess United would want to be involved... but who else? Chelsea are broke (or likely should be). He's not going to Spurs. Newcastle have money issues it seems.

City? Sure, they could likely make something work. But why? I don't know if he fits how they play and while they've been doctoring their financials for a long while, it would take a bit more creative accounting to fit what they would need to accomplish to get it across the line.

Liverpool would not be in for him.

Note... I think he's a special player when he's right. I think in Real, where they're battering a lot of clubs, he should fit right in. He also fits some of the less physical play for La Liga. I also hesitate to say when a guy is barely starting to get into his prime, but it's a bit of a gamble for real.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who would realistically buy him?

I guess United would want to be involved... but who else? Chelsea are broke (or likely should be). He's not going to Spurs. Newcastle have money issues it seems.

City? Sure, they could likely make something work. But why? I don't know if he fits how they play and while they've been doctoring their financials for a long while, it would take a bit more creative accounting to fit what they would need to accomplish to get it across the line.

Liverpool would not be in for him.

Note... I think he's a special player when he's right. I think in Real, where they're battering a lot of clubs, he should fit right in. He also fits some of the less physical play for La Liga. I also hesitate to say when a guy is barely starting to get into his prime, but it's a bit of a gamble for real.
I think it’s more likely that Davies just said “I want to go to Madrid” to his agent and PL interest is/was irrelevant

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Heavy rumours of Arsenal going after Onana (Everton)

Man United rumours of them going after Pedro Neto (Wolves want 80 million for him).

Liverpool is looking at the Sporting Director from Nice, while Julien Nagelsmann and Ruben Amorim are some of the many candidates for the next manager. Please no Nagelsmann, he's as good as Klopp is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad