Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
'Mbappe met with Man City reps before announcing his official departure from PSG...'
bahaha
I would love to see it just for the anger from everyone...

Didn't Real Madrid kind of thumb their nose at KMbappe saying 'we already have 5 of the worlds best footballers...' (if they weren't able to sign him).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
'Mbappe met with Man City reps before announcing his official departure from PSG...'
bahaha

Didn't Real Madrid kind of thumb their nose at KMbappe saying 'we already have 5 of the worlds best footballers...' (if they weren't able to sign him).
I mean, why not listen to City's pitch...? Nothing wrong with listening to proposals.
But by all accounts, the Madrid move is basically guaranteed at this point.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean, why not listen to City's pitch...? Nothing wrong with listening to proposals.
But by all accounts, the Madrid move is basically guaranteed at this point.
Looks like it, doesn't it.
Gotta be boring though eh? Going from one top team miles (or kilometers) above the competition to another. I mean, La Liga has a few more clubs with higher compete levels than Ligue 1...

My opinion? I'd love to see him on a team chasing top spot dreams.... turn up the competition. I know it don't work that way usually when big money clubs come calling. Few if any ever shunned a big club for a little club.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
bahaha

They repeatedly said "Real train only comes once". 5 years total.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
City is more dominant in EPL than Real in la Liga though.
If City wins, it, it's 4 straight, right? 6 in 7 years (with Liverpool winning once with record number of points).
As a reminder, that's more than Real in the last 7 years. Again assuming Real wins it this year it would be 3rd in 7 years.
Assuming PSG wins it this year, it would be 6 out of 7 like City.
Bayern losing this year will mean 6 in 7 too. They had the last 11 though.
Inter might win this year, 2nd in 4 years, but Juve won 9 straight before.

EPL fans might hope all they want that it's different in their league, but it isn't. City is totally dominating its league. Same way PSG and Bayern do basically.
Real is in a whole different situation.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes, Real Madrid have the best young talent in the world at this moment no doubt, while it is a nice problem at which point does it become problematic? They have to start managing playing time and ego.

It's weird that many players all want to stay in Real Madrid for all their career until they are eventually kicked out because they are out of flavour or they need to finance another expensive purchase. While it is a nice problem for them, it is a bit crazy how all world class footballer gravitate toward that club even wonderkids.

Reactions: Power Man

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Mbappé is holding all the cards, he should absolutely take the time to listen to everybody who wants to make an offer.

On our side, we should absolutely stick to our financial frame and not overbid. Mbappé is the best player in the world, but we do not absolutely NEED to have him. I want him, he would be a wonderful addition, but there are other options to improve at striker... and we need CBs.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yes, Real Madrid have the best young talent in the world at this moment no doubt, while it is a nice problem at which point does it become problematic? They have to start managing playing time and ego.

It's weird that many players all want to stay in Real Madrid for all their career until they are eventually kicked out because they are out of flavour or they need to finance another expensive purchase. While it is a nice problem for them, it is a bit crazy how all world class footballer gravitate toward that club even wonderkids.

On the contrary, I'd say Real is quite faithful to its aging stars. Still have Modrić and Kroos for example, players like Pepe or Ramos played there as long as they wanted to from what I could tell.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
On the contrary, I'd say Real is quite faithful to its aging stars. Still have Modrić and Kroos for example, players like Pepe or Ramos played there as long as they wanted to from what I could tell.
I have a feeling Ronaldo was shown the door as well as Odegard, Hakimi, Hazard, Bale (although they were forced to keep him), Theo Hernandez, Jesé, Moriata, Isco, Casemiro and that is just from memory. Other players like Kubo, Gutierrez could also be considered although they were never featured with their main team

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Used too, not really anymore.

Collective sports is our forte.
Arguably the best in football, handball and volleyball. Among the best in rugby, basketball, etc...
We suck at hockey though, so that's terrible.
Good at fencing.

Reactions: Evilo

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Konate already took Liverpool out of the running for Mbappe.
They never were in the running. It's called trying to leverage a better offer from Real Madrid. They don't want another club than Real Madrid but no doubt Florentino know that and is lowballing Mbappe

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They never were in the running. It's called trying to leverage a better offer from Real Madrid. They don't want another club than Real Madrid but no doubt Florentino know that and is lowballing Mbappe

I was just being funny about Konate chuckling and going 'Oh no, Mbappe is never coming here' or something of the sort.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You also dominated the world of rallying for like 15 years in a row.
SI202310290403_hires_jpeg_24bit_rgb.jpeg

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If I had to guess the odd one out for Madrid will probably be Rodrygo first. Unless Vini randomly decides he doesn’t wanna play with Mbappe (highly doubtful)

For the midfield. No idea, maybe Fede? An EPL club is eventually going to throw a ton of money at him.

I do think with UEFA/Fifa adding more and more games every year, it could be easier to play everyone. But these stars will want their own team that’s for sure

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If I had to guess the odd one out for Madrid will probably be Rodrygo first. Unless Vini randomly decides he doesn’t wanna play with Mbappe (highly doubtful)

For the midfield. No idea, maybe Fede? An EPL club is eventually going to throw a ton of money at him.
I trust Carlo to manage egos and rotate the squad when needed.

We want to compete for all trophies so there should be enough minutes for everybody.

I hope they try it for at least 2 or 3 seasons. At some point, of course, people will want to move on.

Reactions: Tony Romo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mbappé is holding all the cards, he should absolutely take the time to listen to everybody who wants to make an offer.

On our side, we should absolutely stick to our financial frame and not overbid. Mbappé is the best player in the world, but we do not absolutely NEED to have him. I want him, he would be a wonderful addition, but there are other options to improve at striker... and we need CBs.
The major aspect in all of this is that Mbappe will definitely not get as much money in a contract if he ever decides on Arsenal or Real compared to Qatar/PSG. This isn't to say these clubs are poor, but we live in a post-Covid world where La Liga was hit by the financial implications of the lockdowns. I think him going to Madrid is as good as done, but he will surely take a loss on his bank account overall.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The major aspect in all of this is that Mbappe will definitely not get as much money in a contract if he ever decides on Arsenal or Real compared to Qatar/PSG. This isn't to say these clubs are poor, but we live in a post-Covid world where La Liga was hit by the financial implications of the lockdowns. I think him going to Madrid is as good as done, but he will surely take a loss on his bank account overall.
He will get a significant part of his image rights though and playing for Madrid does make one's brand better.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Salary and signing bonus sorted out, image rights the last piece being finalized.

Can’t believe anybody thought any other club were even in consideration. Just lol.

IMG_0710.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad