Red Sox/MLB 2024 Spring Training Part 4: - Ownership seems content with another last place finish in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
To me, if you had to name one player that would sum up the Chaim Bloom era, it's Rob Refsnyder. Career journeyman 4A outfielder who gets an extension and a press conference.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
So JetBlue is an exact replica of Fenway in terms of dimensions.

Not sure how long Fenway will be around. Obviously they’ve sunk a lot of money into renovations.

When it’s eventually replaced, I wonder where the new Fenway goes and how similar it will be to the old park.

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Kyle Teel reminded me of Freddy Lynn at bat just now. Must have a similar stance, totally made me think of that. I’d be damn happy if he turns out that way too.
He's a very, very special player. Getting Teel was much needed. Someone to definitely look forward to, even though this mgmt can kiss my ass.

Reactions: SPV

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Not sure how long Fenway will be around. Obviously they’ve sunk a lot of money into renovations.

When it’s eventually replaced, I wonder where the new Fenway goes and how similar it will be to the old park.

I love that JetBlue is an exact replica. Fenway is so unique, and extra, low-stakes experience learning how to play its very strange outfield and very small foul territory is a huge plus.

I sort of think it's insane every spring training park isn't the exact same dimensions of its major league counterpart. Isn't it better to train on the field where you'll play 82?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I can't believe MLB and the players are discussing baseball pants. Yes, baseball pants. Are you f'ing shitting me?

How the hell do you screw up baseball pants? 8yr old coach-pitch leagues have had this figured out for years, FFS. But somehow, this is simply too steep of a hill to climb for Nike and MLB?

....and note to the complaining players: Quit acting like little bitches.
I'll tell you who's not shitting you, the players. If they were, we'd all have a front row seat for that

• Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle and CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Given how special the place is to a lot of people I could see a new park having all the features of the present park just with modern construction & more amenities. No clue as to where it might be located.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Given how special the place is to a lot of people I could see a new park having all the features of the present park just with modern construction & more amenities. No clue as to where it might be located.

thats the big hangup for sure. it wont be where Fenway is, Fenway has so many historical protections at this point that it wont be torn down.

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Too much smoke around this to not get it done at this point IMO.

Be interesting to see where Snell finally lands as well.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So there was a lot of rumor-swirling this morning, only for it to come out that they met w/ Montgomery about 2 weeks ago and there doesn't *appear* to be anything imminent.

Reactions: smithformeragent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They were apparently one of the clubs that offered Yamamoto over $300 mill so that’s something at least. I doubt they were the high bid and in retrospect it doesn’t seem like they were ever a real contender for him (seemed pretty set on LA) but according to the reporting they went there financially

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I wonder if they'd get the outfield dimensions grandfathered in to be able to replicate the monster. Official MLB regulations for new stadiums dictate a minimum of 325 down the lines and 400 to center. New Yankee Stadium got an exception to have short porches mirroring the old stadium, but that was under Selig and the dimensions weren't quite as extreme as Fenway's 310 and 302 foot corners. I would assume they'd get a waiver on the left field distance (I could see them saying no on the kooky RF corner), but hypothetically if Manfred were to make them comply with league ordinances on distance and they tried to put a 37 foot wall at 325 feet back, it'd be a hilarious clusterf***.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Every time I hear about one of these Zoom meeting free agent check-ins, I laugh while imagining they probably go something like this.

Red Sox: Hey Jordan, we really think you'd be a great fit on the team. Here are all the things we're going to do to help you succeed.

Boras/Montgomery: That sounds great. Are you increasing your offer?

Red Sox: Well, no.

Boras/Montgomery: So...this could have just been an email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad