Red Sox/MLB 2024 Spring Training Part 4: - Ownership seems content with another last place finish in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Unless they're resetting the luxury tax for a single season (a smart move I have fully supported in the past and will again in the future when necessary) the thought of the Red Sox having a budget is a f***ing disgrace.

I'll admit I'm a full pessimist on this point, but I think until it truly hurts them financially they will operate the team coldly like a business. Set budget, set expected revenue/profit point.

They are doing it to Liverpool too and just spent $1.5 - $3 billion on the PGA Tour, ~$900 million on the Penguins plus whatever they've spent so far lobbying and will spend to set up the Las Vegas NBA expansion franchise. Hell, I expect them to purchase an NFL team in the near future, with their aspirations there's no way they aren't 1st in line when a team becomes available

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The most frustrating part for me is that this team is not that bad. Again... give me Montgomery, Giolito, Bello, Pivetta, and Crawford as your five man rotation, and I think they've got a puncher's chance at a playoff birth.
Love your optimism. Paxton and Sale were a combined 13-10 last year, JM and LG were 18-26.
I think we are a long way off from making the playoffs, even with JM.
We have yet to replace Duvall and Turner's RH bats.
We will struggle to get to .500 next year.
Hopefully the three studs ( Mayer / Anthony and Teel) will be in AAA by July, then a late callup at the end of the year.
Something to look forward to.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am simply not going to support the Budget Red Sox.

I am not giving the team my time or attention if they're going to operate like they're a mid-market team. f*** that. f*** their ticket prices. f*** them.

Ladies and gentlemen, Exhibit A per local reaction to Dead Sox Redux.

The whole new uni story is hilarious,

Reactions: EverettMike

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ladies and gentlemen, Exhibit A per local reaction to Dead Sox Redux.

The whole new uni story is hilarious,

I've seen more nuts and bolts unwillingly from these new jerseys on my timeline

It's just.

BOOM

Right in your face.

A fanatics special.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I can't believe MLB and the players are discussing baseball pants. Yes, baseball pants. Are you f'ing shitting me?

How the hell do you screw up baseball pants? 8yr old coach-pitch leagues have had this figured out for years, FFS. But somehow, this is simply too steep of a hill to climb for Nike and MLB?

....and note to the complaining players: Quit acting like little bitches.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I can't believe MLB and the players are discussing baseball pants. Yes, baseball pants. Are you f'ing shitting me?

How the hell do you screw up baseball pants? 8yr old coach-pitch leagues have had this figured out for years, FFS. But somehow, this is simply too steep of a hill to climb for Nike and MLB?

....and note to the complaining players: Quit acting like little bitches.

Um....their genitals are being seen right through the pants. I think they have a right to he upset. This isn't like a bulge situation. It's like a prostrate exam. It's unacceptable.

Reactions: CDJ

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Um....their genitals are being seen right through the pants. I think they have a right to he upset. This isn't like a bulge situation. It's like a prostrate exam. It's unacceptable.
The pants thing is an easy fix. It was the crying about the jerseys that I was referring to in my original post.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan Roche is right... this is embarrassing. I've been largely on board with the way the team has been run since Chaim Bloom was hired, because while I think the execution was lacking, they generally had the right ideas.

But there is no good reason for this team to be this far under the CBT threshhold. Zero. I need someone at the ownership level to explain to me why there's a need or a desire to cut payroll.

heard on radio the Sox are at 110 (no idea how many years) and Boras at $135 M

Is it 4 or 5? Is it fake ?

I am simply not going to support the Budget Red Sox.

I am not giving the team my time or attention if they're going to operate like they're a mid-market team. f*** that. f*** their ticket prices. f*** them.
I’m going for $15 for seats I paid $50-75 in the 2904-2010 years

I’m good with this

Either suck or be great

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I've seen more nuts and bolts unwillingly from these new jerseys on my timeline

It's just.

BOOM

Right in your face.

A fanatics special.

Well, we all like what we like.

I am not a baseball fan, though I have followed the Sox peripherally forever.

The new uni business is perfect. Couldn't happen to a better league.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The jerseys are god awful, I used to be able to buy 3 nba jerseys for like $45 from china and they were higher quality
Makes you think what the NHL is in store next year when Fanatics starts making theirs.

Meth Bear about to be EXTRA methy

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta have pitching and they don’t have it

One guy I like a lot is Wilyer Abreu who is a potential RF

Watching Sox - O’s in 7th and I don’t know the Red Sox but the Orioles are rolling out prospect after prospect top 50 mlb guys two out of three hitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad