Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’m torn.

I really feel in my bones that Harrison will be a HOF player, but there’s such a hole at QB. I don’t know if any of these QBs are that good… What to do?
Tough spot for sure ,but if they feel they are not making playoffs again I would go Marvin .That's just me.

With Daniels or Maye on the board, if they use the pick and draft Harrison people should be fired
Maye will not be there is my bet.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think the chances of these 3 QB's being elite and the future is slim, especially when comparing it to the entirety of drafting top QB's. It's a risk.

For me personally, I'd take Harrison and fill out my offense that way. Draft someone on the later rounds I'd you need to. Sign a vet. And move that way. This isn't going to be a quick rebuild and I'm not confident on Maye or Daniels being "the" guy. That's just me.

Reactions: bbfan419

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Cap rising 30 mil saves a lot of teams asses with being able to use franchise tag this season.

Also gives NE no excuse to not franchise someone like Owenu.
Yeah absolutely. Higgins didn't scream 'franchise' to me but hes a no brainer for 1 year and no long term commitment.

Dugger makes sense as well. Uche might cost too much but why let him walk if you like the player?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think the chances of these 3 QB's being elite and the future is slim, especially when comparing it to the entirety of drafting top QB's. It's a risk.

For me personally, I'd take Harrison and fill out my offense that way. Draft someone on the later rounds I'd you need to. Sign a vet. And move that way. This isn't going to be a quick rebuild and I'm not confident on Maye or Daniels being "the" guy. That's just me.

If they don’t take a qb third it should be Alt

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Tough spot for sure ,but if they feel they are not making playoffs again I would go Marvin .That's just me.

Maye will not be there is my bet.
That's where I'm at. Maye would be great but Harrison is such a talent. I think it's more feasible that they draft or sign their QB next year who will have Harrison to throw to rather than drafting a QB you're not 100% on and never finding an elite WR to throw to.

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Throw money at Cousins.

Draft Harrison in the 1st round and a tackle in the 2nd.

Take a flier on a quarterback in the mid rounds.
Meh, then you become the Vikings, whom couldn’t do much with Cousins & Jefferson.

It’s time to do it right, what they should’ve done once they f***d up and let Brady walk.

I’d much rather spend 17-20m per for Calvin Ridley than 50m on Cousins. Have to take Maye or Daniels at 3, unless they see red flags. I understand the desire to draft Harrison Jr at 3 but it’s not the right play imo.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Zolak and Bertrand making it sound like the next six episodes of the dynasty are just all drama and tearing into Belichick. A documentary series about a near two decade dynasty where only the first championship gets much focus and the only person who comes out of it with no bruises is predictably the guy most worried about his legacy, Robert Kraft.

Jayden Daniels is also skipping the combine. You would think the guy who isn't this high in the rankings for his arm strength or build would want it on record that he's in the same tier of athlete that Lamar Jackson is unless he knows he isn't.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Zolak and Bertrand making it sound like the next six episodes of the dynasty are just all drama and tearing into Belichick. A documentary series about a near two decade dynasty where only the first championship gets much focus and the only person who comes out of it with no bruises is predictably the guy most worried about his legacy, Robert Kraft.
Yeah, the pacing is interesting.

Having just read the book, they spend time discussing Milloy being cut and signing Rodney Harrison.

Here, the 03 & 04 Super Bowls get glossed over.

However, they have taken a bit of a non linear approach so far, so there’s a chance they jump backwards to Bill’s cutthroat methods over the years as we build towards the drafting of Garoppolo.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Jayden Daniels is also skipping the combine. You would think the guy who isn't this high in the rankings for his arm strength or build would want it on record that he's in the same tier of athlete that Lamar Jackson is unless he knows he isn't.
I’m pretty sure he’s only skipping the throwing, that’s what I’ve seen reported at least

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Yeah, the pacing is interesting.

Having just read the book, they spend time discussing Milloy being cut and signing Rodney Harrison.

Here, the 03 & 04 Super Bowls get glossed over.

However, they have taken a bit of a non linear approach so far, so there’s a chance they jump backwards to Bill’s cutthroat methods over the years as we build towards the drafting of Garoppolo.
I would get that stuff needs to be cut if this was made for network tv and you want to prioritize drama, but it's not. Only Episodes 1 and 4 for the entire series are longer than 40 minutes. The second and third super bowls being missed if you blinked is crazy for a series about the dynasty and they could have made the episodes longer to at least give those teams some focus.

Just based on the descriptions. Episode 5 looks like it's about Brady's injury and Matt Cassel, Episode 6) Hernandez, 7) Deflategate, 8) Jimmy G, the Falcons super bowl and how that probably changed the direction Belichick wanted to go, 9) Malcolm Butler and the Eagles super bowl loss 10) Brady leaving. I don't think they are going to go back to the previous super bowls and the Rams one might get similar treatment in this to the 2nd and 3rd.

I’m pretty sure he’s only skipping the throwing, that’s what I’ve seen reported at least
Rapoport said he's going to the combine for interviews and meetings but won't be doing anything else

Reactions: CDJ

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
I've seen all ten episodes, Zolak & Bertrand aren't wrong.

This is as one-sided a documentary as I've ever seen, hard to lend much credibility to it when it's so pro Kraft and anti Belichick. Kraft is trying to rewrite the narrative for some reason.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad