Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I actually thought Bill came across better than Kraft did through the first couple of episodes.

Kraft basically admitted that he nearly fired Belichick after he put Bledsoe on the bench and the team lost to the Rams in 2001.

Pioli and Ernie Adams gave a fairly detailed explanation as to why Belichick went with Brady.
The explanation only needed to be that Drew Bledsoe was cooked

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Do you know how skewed a hit job against Bill Belichick needs to be that even Ben freaking Volin is calling it out? Holy hell how does no one realize bashing Belichick makes both them and the Patriots look bad?

I hope he tells the organization to go f*** itself for the rest of his life.

I'm sure whatever bone Bill now has to pick with Robert will be gone once Jerry Boy opens up the Brinks truck for him.

They should have paid Brown with Twinkies

Would make sense considering Brown's play at tackle the past two years was softer than a Twinkie. Man couldn't bother to look like gave a shit about football every down he lumbered his ass onto the field. What a quitter.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Ive only seen 2 episodes but it’s definitely Bob Kraft slanted

Think of it - the easiest way to make this happen with access to films Kraft productions etc, people is paint Bob in a good light

My take is they were headed out of town and it would be 2-3 years before we got an expansion team to replace (Connecticut would have been a nightmare for the league if they think Boston was going to be the reverse Hartford Whalers)

I’m grateful Krafty Bob got it

They were a catastrophe for years

I had row 5 at goal line in 80’s when zolak was QB 10 games $200

People were smoking dope in the stands

They went from a third world country to full house and a real organization the day Kraft, Parcells & Bledsoe arrived

It you could time travel to Foxboro 1991 you would think you were in Gotham of a Batman movie

Zolak played in the 90s. Not the 80s.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zolak played in the 90s. Not the 80s.
Actually it was 1998 I just looked up

I remember them beating the 49ers and pretty pumped to see SF stud players up close

It all blurs together

Zolak was Bledsoe caddy and Drew came 1993? Or thereabouts

I actually thought Zo beat Montana but was Young - I’m pretty sure not aging but so many games they run together (I hope)

Watching all the old clips of Slater makes me remember how much I hate our new jerseys. Old ones are way better. All blue is just a terrible look.
Hopefully that was Belichick idea and they change it

I liked the 1970’s but that’s when I started following them

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Another article with were each to FA is gonna go and none to the Pats I know they suck now but have 88M In spending cash
88M will not go far, once we address what we need:
Resign Duggar = 15M
Resign Onwenu = 13M
Sign one or both of Ridley = 17M / Gabe Davis = 13M
RB one of Pollard or Ekeler = 7M

Thats 65M for all the players above and we still need a TE / LB / Edge rusher and fill in other holes and have money to sign our rookies we draft.
As long as we come out of the draft with a starting QB / Offensive line help / WR in rounds 1-3 we should be in good shape.
Spend the money wisely.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My BC football is finally getting serious now. Hopefully it's the start of something new and good for the program
I like the Bill O’Brien hire. I think he’s actually better suited to college football than the pro game because he seems adept at connecting with college players.

I’m not a BC fan (go Irish), but if BC wants to actually be the program they wish they were, Bill O’Brien taking charge is a great start.

Reactions: Mione134

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
88M will not go far, once we address what we need:
Resign Duggar = 15M
Resign Onwenu = 13M
Sign one or both of Ridley = 17M / Gabe Davis = 13M
RB one of Pollard or Ekeler = 7M

Thats 65M for all the players above and we still need a TE / LB / Edge rusher and fill in other holes and have money to sign our rookies we draft.
As long as we come out of the draft with a starting QB / Offensive line help / WR in rounds 1-3 we should be in good shape.
Spend the money wisely.

Year 1 cap hits are usually pretty low, so you might be surprised how much they can sign. The AAV in their spending spree of 2021 was much higher than the actual cap space they had for that season.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bring back the 90s blue jerseys.

I agree as long as they are the Apex One early to mid 90s Patriots unis.

1708688089151.jpeg
1708688120327.jpeg

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I agree as long as they are the Apex One early to mid 90s Patriots unis.

View attachment 824163View attachment 824164
These were the 1994 uniforms the Patriots wore for that one season and the 1995 preseason. I liked these and don’t know why they weren’t kept. I’ve always felt that the blue in the uniforms should be the same shade as what’s on our Flag, but nobody consulted me about the design.

I think the ones that @McGarnagle is talking about are the 1995-1999 uniforms with the stripes and huge elvis’ on the shoulders.

Those were putrid in my opinion and the only reason anyone likes them is because of ‘90s nostalgia. The 1990s were a strange time for uniforms and the Patriots had arguably the worst jersey in the NFL. The huge shoulder elvis just doesn’t look right. At all.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
These were the 1994 uniforms the Patriots wore for that one season and the 1995 preseason. I liked these and don’t know why they weren’t kept. I’ve always felt that the blue in the uniforms should be the same shade as what’s on our Flag, but nobody consulted me about the design.

I think the ones that @McGarnagle is talking about are the 1995-1999 uniforms with the stripes and huge elvis’ on the shoulders.

Those were putrid in my opinion and the only reason anyone likes them is because of ‘90s nostalgia. The 1990s were a strange time for uniforms and the Patriots had arguably the worst jersey in the NFL. The huge shoulder elvis just doesn’t look right. At all.

I can see why some people like it and I like it to an extent as well. I just think that it is overrated compared to what came before it and other 90s eras designs from the same period. The 1994 unis were a much cleaner design that were nice and simple and not overdone. It could use some silver or red and white on the collar and maybe some on the sleeves to break up all the blue. Otherwise though, it looks fantastic.

Reactions: rfournier103

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Alternating striped two-toned blue jerseys, drop shadow numbers, silver pants, red facemasks. Hook it to my veins.

Bring it back and dress the Revs up like the 1994 World Cup team with the denim jerseys while you're at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad