Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season - Mac Jones Traded to Jacksonville - QB Jacoby Brissett signs 1-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Do you know how skewed a hit job against Bill Belichick needs to be that even Ben freaking Volin is calling it out? Holy hell how does no one realize bashing Belichick makes both them and the Patriots look bad?

I hope he tells the organization to go f*** itself for the rest of his life.
For Trollin Ben Volin to say all of this....

I agree.

Reactions: EverettMike

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Do you know how skewed a hit job against Bill Belichick needs to be that even Ben freaking Volin is calling it out? Holy hell how does no one realize bashing Belichick makes both them and the Patriots look bad?

I can see why it's been said that the main purpose of the docuseries is to get Kraft into the hall of fame

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

They don’t care

It’s Mayo time!!!!

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can see why it's been said that the main purpose of the docuseries is to get Kraft into the hall of fame
Ive only seen 2 episodes but it’s definitely Bob Kraft slanted

Think of it - the easiest way to make this happen with access to films Kraft productions etc, people is paint Bob in a good light

My take is they were headed out of town and it would be 2-3 years before we got an expansion team to replace (Connecticut would have been a nightmare for the league if they think Boston was going to be the reverse Hartford Whalers)

I’m grateful Krafty Bob got it

They were a catastrophe for years

I had row 5 at goal line in 80’s when zolak was QB 10 games $200

People were smoking dope in the stands

They went from a third world country to full house and a real organization the day Kraft, Parcells & Bledsoe arrived

It you could time travel to Foxboro 1991 you would think you were in Gotham of a Batman movie

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Bill is in the documentary isn't he? How many people are interviewed in this thing? I haven't started watching it yet but it's not like this was put together by Kraft Productions. People can say whatever they want in an interview.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
For some reason I thought Steve Tasker was in the HOF. He had 5 first team all pro selections and 7 pro bowls. Slater 5 first team all pros and 10 pro bowls. Slater might get in some day but I could see it taking a very, very long time. A gunner isn't gonna carry the weight/value of other positions. And that's probably why Tasker isn't in.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Owners getting into the HOF is something I will never, ever care about. For that reason alone I kinda hope Kraft never gets in. Sorta like how they first hand the SB trophy to the owner...puke inducing.

If we're telling the truth Kraft didn't hire Parcells and contributed to that relationship going south, Pete Carroll failed here and then Belichick was on his way to a 2nd disastrous season until an act of God took Drew Bledsoe off the field for an extended period of time. However Kraft wants to portray himself, it doesn't line up with reality. He's been quite fortunate along the way.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Owners getting into the HOF is something I will never, ever care about. For that reason alone I kinda hope Kraft never gets in. Sorta like how they first hand the SB trophy to the owner...puke inducing.

If we're telling the truth Kraft didn't hire Parcells and contributed to that relationship going south, Pete Carroll failed here and then Belichick was on his way to a 2nd disastrous season until an act of God took Drew Bledsoe off the field for an extended period of time. However Kraft wants to portray himself, it doesn't line up with reality. He's been quite fortunate along the way.
I was only 11y/o when the Bledsoe injury and Brady coming in thing happened and I remember it but i obviously didnt really 'get it' at the time but I don't really recall anybody wanting Bledsoe back over Brady. At least that I remember.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I was only 11y/o when the Bledsoe injury and Brady coming in thing happened and I remember it but i obviously didnt really 'get it' at the time but I don't really recall anybody wanting Bledsoe back over Brady. At least that I remember.
I don't have a crystal clear recollection on it but I do know Bledsoe had some big media personalities in his corner. Personally I do remember the Rams game. I was not asking for Bledsoe to get back in there. I had seen enough. There were definitely fans who wanted Drew. I wish I had a better memory on what the percentage breakdown was at the time.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
There being anti-belichick episodes was guaranteed. This is a documentary version of the book that's from Robert Kraft's perspective. What i don't want to hear is Kraft patting himself on the back for all the tough decisions Belichick made and then throwing Bill under the bus for the ones that went wrong. Is there another sport where owners want as much credit for the teams success as the nfl?

Reactions: Johnnyduke

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bill is in the documentary isn't he? How many people are interviewed in this thing? I haven't started watching it yet but it's not like this was put together by Kraft Productions. People can say whatever they want in an interview.
I watched the first 2….probably miss a few…

Law
Kraft
BB
TB12
Bledsoe
McGinest
Vrabel
Bruschi
Vinatieri

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For what it's worth, I didn't think Bill came across poorly in the first two episodes, at all.

Me either.

And in general…regardless of what happened in the end, the fact that things were relatively stable, never mind extremely successful for most of 20 years is a great feat!

How can anyone expect perfect harmony for much longer than that in an “industry” rife with ultra competitive and egotistical (and I don’t mean that in a bad way) people?

Sure, Belichick could have done things differently at the end, Kraft and Brady probably could have too.

TBH, I don’t even care about how it ended any longer because I’m happy to bask in the amazing 20 year run that will likely never happen again.

Reactions: GatorMike

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Actually it is a Kraft Production. From the piece:

“The Dynasty” is presented as the work of author Jeff Benedict, but the final screen on all 10 episodes says otherwise:

“Copyright Kraft Dynasty LLC 2024 … The copyright holder is the author of this cinematographic or audiovisual work.”

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Kraft fluff piece.
I actually thought Bill came across better than Kraft did through the first couple of episodes.

Kraft basically admitted that he nearly fired Belichick after he put Bledsoe on the bench and the team lost to the Rams in 2001.

Pioli and Ernie Adams gave a fairly detailed explanation as to why Belichick went with Brady.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad