2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He also might be a key part as to why that team is an offensive juggernaut.
Yes, he is, third in scoring. Parekh, however, leads his team in scoring by 15 points, over our very own Hunter Haight. Yakemchuk is a clear second on scoring on his team. Levshunov is 2nd on his team in scoring.

Buium does not have bragging rights over those players when it comes to offense, anyway.

Dickinson has 51 points in 51 gp, but is only 6th in scoring on his team.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, he is, third in scoring. Parekh, however, leads his team in scoring by 15 points, over our very own Hunter Haight. Yakemchuk is a clear second on scoring on his team. Levshunov is 2nd on his team in scoring.

Buium does not have bragging rights over those players when it comes to offense, anyway.

Dickinson has 51 points in 51 gp, but is only 6th in scoring on his team.
Depends on how you view offense in the CHL vs. NCAA I guess.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Guess I'll post some ramblings for once

This is where I am at

Celebrini

Levshunov - 2 years removed from belarus juniors, believe the mental game will come.
Eiserman - Knows how to score goals and I believe that translates, if it does the rest of his game doesn't knock him out of this tier.
Catton - Don't think his size is an issue, that's the only thing I can think of that has kept him out of many top-5 lists.
Demidov - Russians go to the bottom of their tier due to uncertainty of their arrival to the NHL game, I don't think Demidov is above this group of players.

Dickinson - Safest player in this tier, just don't know if he's a top of roster guy, probably just top-half.
Helenius - Already productive in a professional league. Don't know if he'll be able to remain at center but his game will translate to the wing just fine.
Lindstrom - He's a man amongst boys in the WHL, slightly concerned how it will translate to the NHL level, but there's nobody left that I feel good enough about to pass on what could be.
Silayev - See Demidov, not sold on his offensive game so he falls in this tier for me.

Yakemchuk - He can turn pro in a year, which is great because he's being asked to do too much. Needs to find a structured game for when its required, while also keeping the physical edge and confidence attacking when its required, all the tools are there.
Buium - I do think his puck game will translate to some degree, I just don't know how much I can trust him on the defensive side, everything is kind of "meh" there, and that's not good enough.

After that I feel like I'm looking at guys I thought would be there around our pick last year(forwards similar to Ritchie/Perrault/Barlow/Stenberg/Musty and defenseman like Molendyk/ASP/Lindstein). Around 50 it evens out for me compared to last year. Last year's forward crop was insanely good though.

Hypothetically we go on a bit of a run and those 11 are out of reach I think about Calgary(look to be selling so they'll fall) moving up from Vancouver's 1st for Iginla IF we could get Artamonov(he'd be in my next tier but seems to be a consensus borderline 1st, I do recall passing on Yurov for Ohgren knowing he'd still be there at 24 so I would trust our group having an idea of where Artamonov might go) with that pick. Would probably net their 2 and 3 as well, based on what I'm looking at on rankings that could be Artamonov + Emery/Hage/Vanacker + Zether with Fischer as our own 2. Would prefer that trio to anything not in my top-11.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbcraig1883

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Depends on how you view offense in the CHL vs. NCAA I guess.
Don’t forget he’s the only one who made WJC team and he was rock solid and also chipped in offensively. I see some Suter in him - the ability to slow the game down and make subtle adjustments in his angling to win battles.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If demidov is still there at 5-6 I’d really hope we have that pick or could trade up for it somehow

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
now that its looking like we're going to sneak in the back door into the playoffs who do you like that should be available between 17-21? i feel our need is a RHD even though hes ranked 28th by someplace charlie elick is 6'3" & can skate so hes on my radar. if i we're gm i'd want LW i chernyshov 6'2" with puck skills. in the 2nd RHD d badinka or j pulkkinen (both good size). 4th rnd gimme G ilya nabakov or aatos koivu. cheers

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
now that its looking like we're going to sneak in the back door into the playoffs who do you like that should be available between 17-21? i feel our need is a RHD even though hes ranked 28th by someplace charlie elick is 6'3" & can skate so hes on my radar. if i we're gm i'd want LW i chernyshov 6'2" with puck skills. in the 2nd RHD d badinka or j pulkkinen (both good size). 4th rnd gimme G ilya nabakov or aatos koivu. cheers
Jiricek will likely fall due to his injury. Could be an absolute steal.

I wonder if Cole Hutson would be a guy this team would target. Excellent skater and offensive dman.

Brandsegg-Nygard will be an interesting name to see where he falls. Greentree too.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think there is a chance in hell that BG goes for a smallish LHD. Given his druthers, he would want one of the larger RHD such as Jiricek, Elick or Emery.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we can’t get Tij Iginla I don’t even want the pick

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think he will sneak into Top 10. He has a game built for the NHL. Just a gut feeling.
I like him a lot but there’s too many other good players. I wouldn’t say he’s one of the 10 best players, but in a normal year he would be. Draft reminds me a bit of 2020 where the first 14 picks felt like studs and then after that it fell off

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like him a lot but there’s too many other good players. I wouldn’t say he’s one of the 10 best players, but in a normal year he would be. Draft reminds me a bit of 2020 where the first 14 picks felt like studs and then after that it fell off
So we are destined for pick #15 :D

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Was at the game last night. Leaned over to say to my buddy that Levshunov is a bit of a floater… as I say that, he shoots the puck off of McClellan’s glove and in for a goal. Believe he had another assist.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Heidt's team is playing Catton's. Tied for 4-4 going into OT. Catton has 2g, 1a. He certainly is draft worthy. Heidt scored the OT game winner, and went 1 and 1.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Catton is on my short list of “jump for joy players”
If we end up 8/9th then one of Eiserman , Demidov or Catton would definitely be there I think. Could you imagine what our cupboard looks like if we had just taken the absolute no brainer Perrault pick last year? We’d be so stocked with serious upside offensive talent.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Catton is on my short list of “jump for joy players”
That would be Celebrini, Demidov, Catton, maybe Levshunov? I know you have reservations about Silayev and Eiserman.

Dickinson looks solid, but he's not the type of player you jump up and down about. Lindstrom has the appealing size and physical skills, but you wonder if he can put it all together. Parekh risky as hell. Yakemchuk...maybe, but some doubts about his thinking game. I like Buium a lot, but he's another moderately sized LHD.

Helenius is a under the radar player who might qualify, but don't see you jumping for joy about him, unless we are picking 15th, or something.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
That would be Celebrini, Demidov, Catton, maybe Levshunov? I know you have reservations about Silayev and Eiserman.

Dickinson looks solid, but he's not the type of player you jump up and down about. Lindstrom has the appealing size and physical skills, but you wonder if he can put it all together. Parekh risky as hell. Yakemchuk...maybe, but some doubts about his thinking game. I like Buium a lot, but he's another moderately sized LHD.

Helenius is a under the radar player who might qualify, but don't see you jumping for joy about him, unless we are picking 15th, or something.
Yeah Celebrini, Catton and Demidov. I’d be happy about Buium, Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Levshunov, Perek, Iginla as well

Reactions: keppel146

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dickinson would be a boring but smart pick IMO. Everything about him screams Top 4 NHLer.
Like him too. Satisfying, but not thrilling pick.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I feel like the team still defends well and can’t score enough. Maybe the defending isn’t what it was in 2018, but it’s still above average by most important metrics. Dickinson will be a great player, but if all things are equal I would lean scoring, defensman or not. Reality is Guerin would love a guy like Dickinson.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I feel like the team still defends well and can’t score enough. Maybe the defending isn’t what it was in 2018, but it’s still above average by most important metrics. Dickinson will be a great player, but if all things are equal I would lean scoring, defensman or not. Reality is Guerin would love a guy like Dickinson.
Exactly ….when Fiala and Kap started turning it on with Zucc and Boldy complimenting them we had the most exciting team MN pro hockey has ever seen. We are a legit top 6 scoring threat short of that now. You can’t win games without. Kap is a superstar ….Boldy and Ek are great also but we are in dire need of a serious scoring threat to drive some offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad