2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
FWIW, Demidov has passed Rossi as my favorite prospect of all time. I will be doing some voodoo shit to get him here
Hes definitely electric. We’d be one player away from a Russian Five.

Silayev at 14 is pretty controversial. I think he will be #2 for me next time I make a list. He’s a beast

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I will be absolutely jacked if we get Eiserman.
You know what? I honestly will be completely jacked if we end up with basically any of the current consensus top 10. I really didn’t care much for Helenius game when I saw him but the scouts love him so what the hell. Even he has big upside. I’m just ready to have a chance at another impact player and I’m hopeful that our draft position is so good Guerin can’t f*** it up if he tried.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
FWIW, Demidov has passed Rossi as my favorite prospect of all time. I will be doing some voodoo shit to get him here
Getting to draft Demidov is like "yes we have already a kaprizov at home but this one is newer"

Getting to draft Demidov is like the Wild, fresh off of trying to find JEEK clones at the last draft, suddenly realizing "wait what if the all the lines are Kaprizov instead?" lol

RHam5757

Nov 26, 2023
Hope all is well folks, been a while since I have posted. The way the season has gone so far has shifted my focus to the draft. I agree with a bunch of the posts above, I would say that currently my favored pick will be Demidov. I believe with guys such as ROR, Hunt and Lambos in the mix for LD prospects, not quite sure adding another will do much.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Hope all is well folks, been a while since I have posted. The way the season has gone so far has shifted my focus to the draft. I agree with a bunch of the posts above, I would say that currently my favored pick will be Demidov. I believe with guys such as ROR, Hunt and Lambos in the mix for LD prospects, not quite sure adding another will do much.
The consensus is those guys are all disappointing currently and what seemed like a lock to get at least a 2nd pairing guy out of the group is now less likely

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Current consensus be damned, Tij Iginla is a wildly intriguing prospect for me, and even if we ended up with like the 7th pick, I wouldn't be upset if they went "off the board" and took him there. Maybe it's just me hoping he can be a similar player to his dad, without actually envisioning him as his own player, but it's hard not to see some similarity in their games as well, and I have little doubt that his dad has been a positive influence on him in terms of the lifestyle and the mentality needed to succeed in this league, I don't see Tij being one of those guys that doesn't make it because he's lazy or not committed.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Current consensus be damned, Tij Iginla is a wildly intriguing prospect for me, and even if we ended up with like the 7th pick, I wouldn't be upset if they went "off the board" and took him there. Maybe it's just me hoping he can be a similar player to his dad, without actually envisioning him as his own player, but it's hard not to see some similarity in their games as well, and I have little doubt that his dad has been a positive influence on him in terms of the lifestyle and the mentality needed to succeed in this league, I don't see Tij being one of those guys that doesn't make it because he's lazy or not committed.

Genetics are a real thing to take into account when it comes to projecting prospects.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And not to alarm anybody but I got this result on my first try today so I think that means it's written

1707509321082.png

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And not to alarm anybody but I got this result on my first try today so I think that means it's written

View attachment 817063
Confirmed: Taking Iginla at #1

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I feel you on the glut of LHD, but I would be thrilled if any of those guys or Peart can be a 2nd pair guy. Whereas Silayev, Dickinson and Buium all carry huge upsides.

We all know Brodin can create a decent pair with anyone, so let’s add another stud. Position & handedness be damned. Even if it’s a forward

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I feel you on the glut of LHD, but I would be thrilled if any of those guys or Peart can be a 2nd pair guy. Whereas Silayev, Dickinson and Buium all carry huge upsides.

We all know Brodin can create a decent pair with anyone, so let’s add another stud. Position & handedness be damned. Even if it’s a forward
Agreed. And until ROR, Lambos, Hunt, etc. make fairly large steps in their development, I'm not buying into the LHD logjam. If Peart or another prospect came along that was playing better and had equal or better potential, they'd send one of the aforementioned down to the ECHL. They sent Spacek down, Masters is there right now, etc.

I think draft position may be coming into play a bit too much with the LHD in Iowa.

Reactions: MNRube

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
As of now, I think this class is being underrated. I fully expect us to finish around pick 10. I’d be quite happy with any of the 9 guys below. Coming around on Iginla but not there yet on Parekh

Celebrini
———-
Silayev
Demidov
Levshunov
———-
Lindstrom
Dickinson
————-
Buium
Helenius
Catton

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
As of now, I think this class is being underrated. I fully expect us to finish around pick 10. I’d be quite happy with any of the 9 guys below. Coming around on Iginla but not there yet on Parekh

Celebrini
———-
Silayev
Demidov
Levshunov
———-
Lindstrom
Dickinson
————-
Buium
Helenius
Catton
Not a fan of Eiserman at all?

• Wow
Reactions: MNRube

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Genetics are a real thing to take into account when it comes to projecting prospects.
Yeah, look at Keith Gretzky.

Dickinson is an all round stud. Legit two way Dman with size, and excellent skating. Silayev...I think he might come down a bit in the rankings, but scouts seem to love him, and he's playing in a vg league. Buium has great upside, but his stats have been inflated by the team he is on, and his commitment to defense amd size are not ideal (though aren't bad). I will wait for the season to play out, but i might take Yakemchuk over Buium due to his handedness, size, and physicality. it's not like he doesn't have offensive upside, either. Great year for Dmen. would also love to get another late 1st, early 2nd to get one of those nice skating, solid, good sized RHD.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would love Dickinson. As much as this team needs another stud forward (it really needs a Fantilli+ level, not another Boldy level), it might need a stud LD even more to pair with Faber long term. As it stands I don't think there's anyone in the system that comfortably projects to become a #3, let alone #1 or #2. At least the forward core tentatively has Kaprizov, Boldy, with Yurov projecting to be somewhere around Boldy.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I didnt say it was a given, only that it should be considered. Plenty of cases in sports where we see the offspring of athletes become great athletes themselves: the Mannings, the Tkachuks, and others. Both of Ovechkins parents were great athletes is Russia. Is it just a coincidence that Patrick Mahomes father was a MLB player? Ken Griffey, Jr, Charlie Woods, Mason Marchment,
etc. etc. etc

Genetics are only one piece of the overall puzzle, but they shouldn't be ignored

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Dickinson is an all round stud. Legit two way Dman with size, and excellent skating. Silayev...I think he might come down a bit in the rankings, but scouts seem to love him, and he's playing in a vg league. Buium has great upside, but his stats have been inflated by the team he is on, and his commitment to defense amd size are not ideal (though aren't bad). I will wait for the season to play out, but i might take Yakemchuk over Buium due to his handedness, size, and physicality. it's not like he doesn't have offensive upside, either. Great year for Dmen. would also love to get another late 1st, early 2nd to get one of those nice skating, solid, good sized RHD.
Buium is a very underrated defender and plays on a team with other skilled offensive D and has outscored them all as a freshman.
He’s also 6’0 and will surely fill out more. He's got the best IQ of the D in this draft but he’s not flashy like Parekh or Yakemchuk. Handedness should play zero role when picking that high. We need difference makers

Silayev might have the most upside in the whole draft. How often have Chara, Hedman & Pronger been on bad teams? He’s not soft like Power or brain-dead under pressure like Myers or Risto. A 6’7 human eraser with snarl and good skating is a franchise-changer. I’d roll the dice on him, if possible.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buium is a very underrated defender and plays on a team with other skilled offensive D and has outscored them all as a freshman.
He’s also 6’0 and will surely fill out more. He's got the best IQ of the D in this draft but he’s not flashy like Parekh or Yakemchuk. Handedness should play zero role when picking that high. We need difference makers

Silayev might have the most upside in the whole draft. How often have Chara, Hedman & Pronger been on bad teams? He’s not soft like Power or brain-dead under pressure like Myers or Risto. A 6’7 human eraser with snarl and good skating is a franchise-changer. I’d roll the dice on him, if possible.
I like Buium, but he is a modestly sized guy putting up big numbers on an offensive juggernaut of a team. To be fair, so is Parekh. I don't see bad defensive play, but i also don't see really good defensive play. He's just sort of there. Dickinson is better in that regard, and, I'm assuming Silayev.

Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev(have no idea, really)

Lindstrom, Demidov, Catton, Helenius, Esierman

Yakemchuk
Buium
Parekh

Jiricek(hard to judge him due to injury)

I would be excited to draft any of those players, with the possible exception of Jiricek. So for me, the top 11 is where i'd like to be.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I would be excited to draft any of those players, with the possible exception of Jiricek. So for me, the top 11 is where i'd like to be.
I’m with you on the Top 11. It’s sneaky good class, assuming you have a lottery pick.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like Buium, but he is a modestly sized guy putting up big numbers on an offensive juggernaut of a team. To be fair, so is Parekh. I don't see bad defensive play, but i also don't see really good defensive play. He's just sort of there. Dickinson is better in that regard, and, I'm assuming Silayev.

Levshunov
Dickinson
Silayev(have no idea, really)

Lindstrom, Demidov, Catton, Helenius, Esierman

Yakemchuk
Buium
Parekh

Jiricek(hard to judge him due to injury)

He also might be a key part as to why that team is an offensive juggernaut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad