2024 Draft Discussion

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wow, did not realize Catton came in #10 on Bob's January ranking. Getting him would be a silver lining to this season in my book. I could maybe see him sliding similar to Perreault last year. I would hope we would consider trading up for him if need be, I think he is a borderline top 5 player in this draft.

If Catton is not an option, Iginla and Greentree are the 2 forwards I like best in our potential range. I like Connelly a lot as a player, but would have to see if there are off-ice issues there or not. I don't know enough about that situation to say other than what's been reported/speculated.

As much as I've said I don't want another defenseman with the top pick, if Yakemchuk or Buium is there when we pick, I could not be mad at drafting either one. I think very highly of both.

Reactions: wings95

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Wow, did not realize Catton came in #10 on Bob's January ranking. Getting him would be a silver lining to this season in my book. I could maybe see him sliding similar to Perreault last year. I would hope we would consider trading up for him if need be, I think he is a borderline top 5 player in this draft.

If Catton is not an option, Iginla and Greentree are the 2 forwards I like best in our potential range. I like Connelly a lot as a player, but would have to see if there are off-ice issues there or not. I don't know enough about that situation to say other than what's been reported/speculated.

As much as I've said I don't want another defenseman with the top pick, if Yakemchuk or Buium is there when we pick, I could not be mad at drafting either one. I think very highly of both.
I have a really hard time seeing Catton fall outside of the top 10 (and I don't think we will sneak into it). I am curious to see Bob's season ending rankings. There is obviously a lot of draft-eligible hockey left to be played, however.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
If we get the 12th pick and eiserman is there at 7-8 should we trade up to get him??? As much as I like a few guys around that slot eiseman was considered a top 5 guy prior to the year and can score which we need

What do we deal ? 1st 2nd and a buium if he refuses to sign? What would be the cost or would ppl prefer to stand pat. Think eisemanhans big upside

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
There are some intriguing prospects likely to be on the board for us, especially if we creep into the low teens or better. By perusing various rankings, there seem to be a decent sized group (after the initial few “surefire” picks, of course) that appear to be somewhat interchangeable. Draft boards could be all over the place this year…

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If we get the 12th pick and eiserman is there at 7-8 should we trade up to get him??? As much as I like a few guys around that slot eiseman was considered a top 5 guy prior to the year and can score which we need

What do we deal ? 1st 2nd and a buium if he refuses to sign? What would be the cost or would ppl prefer to stand pat. Think eisemanhans big upside
Id rather not , he's the one trick pony. At 12 if available Iginla, Greentree, MBN, Buium

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Id rather not , he's the one trick pony. At 12 if available Iginla, Greentree, MBN, Buium
Can sure use a potential 40 goal guy. We need some guys who can be big offensive guys. It's all nice to have good 2 way guys but last time I checked when we won those cups we had high end offensive forwards

Listened a bit to the athletics new podcast where they talked about 2024 class a d said eiseman brings more than his shot and wheeler still considers him one of the best forwards this class. Was a bit distracted and I plan to go back to relisten

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Can sure use a potential 40 goal guy. We need some guys who can be big offensive guys. It's all nice to have good 2 way guys but last time I checked when we won those cups we had high end offensive forwards

Listened a bit to the athletics new podcast where they talked about 2024 class a d said eiseman brings more than his shot and wheeler still considers him one of the best forwards this class. Was a bit distracted and I plan to go back to relisten
debrincat is that guy, we need more guys that are harder to play against in general. We're just a bunch of pushovers for the most part.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
debrincat is that guy, we need more guys that are harder to play against in general. We're just a bunch of pushovers for the most part.
1000% were pushovers and this team is full of wimps . Debrincat is one of them and the shortest of them. hes already dissapeared when he was needed the most for long stretches. He'd easily get pushed around in the playoffs

Cant see yzerman extending him when his contracts up unless he explodes for 50 x 3. Eiserman is bigger and like 8 years younger

All I know is as good as it is having 2 way forwards we need to find a few pure elite forwards. Think eiserman might fit that profile. We can use a lindstrom but I think he'll be gone

Reactions: wingerdinger

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
we’ve got Jiri Fischer and Martin Lapointe’s kids in this draft.

But we need clarity on Tij…..
Draper was teammates with Jerome on the 2006 Canadian Olympic team. Yzerman was teammates with Jerome on the 2002 Canadian Olympic team.

Where does Tij rank on the potential nepotism pick meter ?

(I do like the player and especially his rapid leaps in development leading up to the draft)

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Draper was teammates with Jerome on the 2006 Canadian Olympic team. Yzerman was teammates with Jerome on the 2002 Canadian Olympic team.

(I do like the player and especially his rapid leaps in development leading up to the draft)

Not high on the meter.

I do think we draft Fischer's kid though, and I'd be fine with that.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

This is not a trade up draft. This is a ‘we should have used our first at the TDL’ draft.

Kid will be picked by Calgary.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I thought that was next year? I think they have two this year.
1711829296747.png

I don't think the pick they got from Vancouver will be high enough.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Was a popular opinion a couple weeks back. Maybe has some merit still, but Flames are all the way up to 8th worst overall and could move up further. Becoming less of an assumed thing.

And this is looking like a below average draft year. #7 to 20 are very close. And I think maybe 3 or so of that group would have gone top 20 last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad