Proposal: 2024 1st overall Pick to Montréal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I avoided talking shit about Anderson because I felt like he was bringing things other than scoring to the team, until recently.

I'm done with him. What I'd hope is that St-Louis send him to the Rocket, where he could rediscover himself there, like Armia

Armia is playing really, really well since he was sent down. He probably needed this kick in the butt to wake him up. Now he's invested in all facets of the game, and also put points.

I wish the same happen with Anderson. But right now, Anderson is absolutly f***ing useless

Habs pass on Mitchkov to get Reinbacher, so we can safely say that Reinbacher ain't going nowhere

Would there be anything else that could be done? I thought that Anaheim was loaded with d prospects anyway?
We’re pretty light on rhd prospects

Tristan luneau
+ few guys that are okay but nothing that really jumps out
Guys like zellweger and lacombe can play both sides, so that kind of softens the blow a bit

Idk that anything gets me to budge, anything less than that and I just take celebrini and maybe try to move up with oilers pick to get a dmen

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That would get Anaheim two top 4 defenseman.

If is was Carlsson or Fantilli, I would do that trade. Celebrini? I'm not sold on that he's a NHL level 1C. Definatly not at those two level.

I don't think past Celebrini there is high quality top 6 so if the forwards are taken, I can see Hughes picking ANOTHER defenseman we don't need. On the other hand, picking on need is asking for a Kokameini repeat.

Ah I think if celebrini was in last years draft he’d be right there with carlsson fantilli and michkov

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
We’re pretty light on rhd prospects

Tristan luneau
+ few guys that are okay but nothing that really jumps out
Guys like zellweger and lacombe can play both sides, so that kind of softens the blow a bit

Idk that anything gets me to budge, anything less than that and I just take celebrini and maybe try to move up with oilers pick to get a dmen

The 4 x 1st round Pick wouldn't be something interesting?
What if we added Barron?
Barron is a rhd. I think he has a solid shot to play in the NHL but it won't be on Montréal since we already have Reinbacher and Mailloux above him in our depth charte

Habs 2024 1st + 2025 1st unprotected + Winnipeg 2024 first + Calgary 2025 1st + Barron

For

Celebrini

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The 4 x 1st round Pick wouldn't be something interesting?
What if we added Barron?
Barron is a rhd. I think he has a solid shot to play in the NHL but it won't be on Montréal since we already have Reinbacher and Mailloux above him in our depth charte

Habs 2024 1st + 2025 1st unprotected + Winnipeg 2024 first + Calgary 2025 1st + Barron

For

Celebrini
I mean that’s prob a good deal…. But I didn’t consider it realistic from a Montreal standpoint.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I mean that’s prob a fair deal…. But I didn’t consider it realistic from a Montreal standpoint

I'd do it

I'd do it because IMO, the Habs doesn't need anything else, other than improving their center depth. Celebrini would be our final piece

Habs have defensive depth up the ass with solid prospects coming up and we already have Fowler in net that would come up in a couple of years.

Up front we have a 1st Line, but Dach is a huge question mark. Celebrini would be there to replace Dach, who would be than put on the wing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd do it

I'd do it because IMO, the Habs doesn't need anything else, other than improving their center depth. Celebrini would be our final piece

Habs have defensive depth up the ass with solid prospects coming up and we already have Fowler in net that would come up in a couple of years.

Up front we have a 1st Line, but Dach is a huge question mark. Celebrini would be there to replace Dach, who would be than put on the wing
Anaheims in a spot where we just need youth to get older and more mature…. But in terms of player needs there’s not much more we can add.

With that stockpile of draft picks tho, we could prob make moves for a rhd and right handed shot and still take a good dmen at 6

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
OP thought Celebrini was French, realized he/she/they/them are wrong and now offers a 6th.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Montreal literally has nothing that could be traded for the first overall selection. Almost no team does when considering relative positions and the assets with which they could reasonably part.

And even then, considering that the Canadiens next year will be as bad or worse than they were this year, trading that 1st could be Toronto's Phil Kessel trade stupid.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I think the only way the Sharks/Hawks e.g. would entertain trading the top pick would be if they get a few current NHLers in the return. And obviously not 32-year-old depth guys on expiring deals, but bonafide top-line/top-pairing talent. And more than one.

For the Hawks, they've got their franchise C but woefully thin around him. If I'm the GM I'd entertain any deal that adds significant NHL talent around him so we can go from the basement to, ideally, the playoffs quickly. I'm not sure the Sharks plan but I'd imagine any GM in their situation would want to turn it around quickly as well. Probably 2-3 very good, proven NHL players achieves that quicker than adding Celebrini.

But in reality, no, I don't see any team moving that pick for the proposed package or any other non-EA NHL 24-like offer.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Last time a 1st OA was traded was Lindros?
1OA has been traded a few times since then.

1998 from San Jose to Tampa Bay (Lecavalier)

1999 from Philadelphia to Vancouver to Atlanta (Sedin draft)

2002 from Florida to Columbus (Nash)

2003 from Florida to Pittsburgh (Fleury)

Don’t think it’s been traded since as I recall.

Last edited:

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
why are the habs giving up so much. The first overall pick this year is not a generational talent. Celebrini looks to be good but he stands out against a weak group

Okay now tell us the other players to win the Hobey Baker as a freshman

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Habs fans when they have the fifth best odds at Celebrini:

“He’s not the special, no way we trade a bunch to move up and get him, I don’t even see a 1C here!”

Habs fans after they luck out and win the lottery:

“Celebrini has done stuff no 17 year-old has done in the history of the NCAA, he’s a better all-around talent then Bedard, we aren’t trading him for your next four first rounders.”

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs fans when they have the fifth best odds at Celebrini:

“He’s not the special, no way we trade a bunch to move up and get him, I don’t even see a 1C here!”

Habs fans after they luck out and win the lottery:

“Celebrini has done stuff no 17 year-old has done in the history of the NCAA, he’s a better all-around talent then Bedard, we aren’t trading him for your next four first rounders.”

I offered like 4 x 1st rounds pick for him lol, that's a solid return IMO

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I offered like 4 x 1st rounds pick for him lol, that's a solid return IMO

Just being tongue in cheek. You offered a lot. I think most Habs fans would probably give up a ton. Theres always a few homers building pre-emptive logic on why they are just as happy at #5 as they would be at #1 in this draft (and would also be totally expecting the world if they did have #1) but you clearly are not in that group.

I don’t think whoever gets #1 is going to be remotely interested in dealing him, regardless.

If the Habs win the lotto, the Celebrini hype will go into overdrive though - we can be certain of that ;)

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
1OA has been traded a few times since then.

1998 from San Jose to Tampa Bay (Lecavalier)

1999 from Philadelphia to Vancouver to Atlanta (Sedin draft)

2002 from Florida to Columbus (Nash)

2003 from Florida to Pittsburgh (Fleury)

Don’t think it’s been traded since as I recall.
And all those deals were before the salary cap was instituted. Having a potential star player under control for many years at a reasonable cost makes the 1OA even more valuable. Teams will not trade the pick for anything less than a massive overpayment, which is why it hasn't happened in more than two decades.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
No lol
The point of the Trade is to put someone behind Suzuki, and compete ASAP

Gutting the team is not productive

I agree 100 %; this makes no sense for Mtl

But #1 OA has a pretty good chance of landing a 10M contract in his future. Prying a player from a team with a hostile offer would require 4 1sts; why would a team accept less than this when the player is still cost-controlled? Also, they would probably prefer "known" quantities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad