HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
Hopefully plays like that give the team picking 4th more incentive to take Smith and let Michkov drop to us:nod:
It's most likely we drop to 6, so we most likely lose out on smith and draft the next midget Benson. It would suck to lose out on smith.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
So is #17 too much of a reach for Willander? Craig Button goes on and on about ASP (rightfully so he’s been great) but Willander has been super impressive as well. Looks like a complete package type of d-man. Lacks a bit of assertiveness in the offensive zone at times but man… kid is good.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So is #17 too much of a reach for Willander? Craig Button goes on and on about ASP (rightfully so he’s been great) but Willander has been super impressive as well. Looks like a complete package type of d-man. Lacks a bit of assertiveness in the offensive zone at times but man… kid is good.
Love Willander. He has similar tools to Reinbacher but doesnt possess the same bravado and vision that Reinbacher has.

I could see Lindholm though.

Reactions: The Nightman

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
I have never said anything about xenophobia. Can you read ?

Saying some fans overvalue local junior level vs European pro league has nothing to do with xenophobia.

If you can t understand the difference go back to school and come back when you have read some books and learnt something useful.
I really like Dvorsky but in my opinion Lundell was a better player in his draft year, I had him at 3 in 2020 after Lafreniere and Stutzle. He regressed this year but still has been good for FLA. I don t see why you are saying that about Dvorsky or Reinbacher. NA fans are always more ready to believe in NA forwards scoring at will against peers rather than European players already facing professional competition

No, no, no.

You could've just argued that you believe they had more offensive upside than they appear as the strength of competition they face is stronger.

Instead, you SPECIFICALLY took a pot shot, that was completely uncalled for, at NA fans' (most of this board) ability to make an objective evaluation on European players. Like you're the only enlightened person on this board with the ability to distance themselves from their biases.

The first part of your post was fine. The latter deserves to be called out for the trash that it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad