HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Couldnt watch the final game, glad to read Moore did well in the most important game of the tournament against strong opposition, heart and soul type of player, will give everything every single shift.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So is #17 too much of a reach for Willander? Craig Button goes on and on about ASP (rightfully so he’s been great) but Willander has been super impressive as well. Looks like a complete package type of d-man. Lacks a bit of assertiveness in the offensive zone at times but man… kid is good.
I think he definitely should be in the convo. Personally prefer him to ASP myself

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think he definitely should be in the convo. Personally prefer him to ASP myself
Really liked Wallinder as well, should be in the convos indeed. Ton of great options at 17, Im leaning toward Stenberg personally, but I would be glad with Wallinder and 2-3 other guys.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Here are the player I like there a few more that I like but…

Stenberg Smith Leonard
Perkarcik Dvorsky Wood
Sale Edstrom Ritchie
Barlow Moore Haltunen
Wahlberg Peter Zidlicky
Lardis Dej

Buium Willander
Dvorak Strbak
Linstein Minnetian
Pisoja ASP
Eperjesi

Augustin
Urban
Hrabal

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
You really like Dvorsky

Yes. I'm a fan since last year. With his performance at U-18, that's conviced me. He is easily worth a top 5 pick to me. People should be happy if he ends up with Habs. Two-way ability, shot and his hockey IQ are the most things we see with Dvorsky and that's all important thing to become a really solid NHL'er. Options are there. Habs are going to draft a really good young player, that's for sure.

I really want Will Smith, but with his U-18... top 4 is more likely for him.

Jul 6, 2016
Yep. 12 points in 7 games for Cole
Will he be better than Lane ?

Yes. I'm a fan since last year. With his performance at U-18, that's conviced me. He is easily worth a top 5 pick to me. People should be happy if he ends up with Habs. Two-way ability, shot and his hockey IQ are the most things we see with Dvorsky and that's all important thing to become a really solid NHL'er. Options are there. Habs are going to draft a really good young player, that's for sure.

Very possible now. Because Mitchkov is such a huge question mark and gamble.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Yeah, I don't know Dvorsky that well. I Trust Hughes find us good player though

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It's not even close.

One is a big bodied forward with high end hands, shot, etc.

The other is a smaller forward who was lucky to be in position to complement Fantilli all year long.

Agreed, Wood's IQ is through the roof as well. His skating is so flawed that there are some obvious mechanical fixes.....I like his chances of significantly improving his skating a lot more than Brindley having a significant growth spurt.

IMO there is a zero percent chance that Brindley is drafted before Wood.......Wood is likely gone before the 15th pick and Brindley may not even be selected in the first round.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Agreed, Wood's IQ is through the roof as well. His skating is so flawed that there are some obvious mechanical fixes.....I like his chances of significantly improving his skating a lot more than Brindley having a significant growth spurt.

IMO there is a zero percent chance that Brindley is drafted before Wood.......Wood is likely gone before the 15th pick and Brindley may not even be selected in the first round.

Oh yeah, there's no way Brindley goes ahead of Wood unless Goldenhands buys a team and is making the selection.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Kaliyevs literally a 50 pts forward in the NHL at 20 YO and hes "lazy" vs Wood whos not.
He's 21 (soon to be 22l and got 28 points in 56 games (41 points pace).

How is that literally a 50 pts forward at 20? :laugh:

Wood should definitely go top 15 though. Great prospect, wouldn't mind trading up with FLA's pick to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad