HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
HuGo in their end of season press conference mentioned they were planning to go to Switzerland for the U18 tournament.

Well, it's now 5 days away!

Link to tournament site:

Team Canada has been announced:

Barlow, Lardis, Cristall, Wood & Ritchie are all on the team. Bjarnason too.

Macklin Celebrini a potential 1st OA for 2024 is going, as are Tanner Howe, Berkly Catton & Carter Yakemchuk. All are 2024 draft eligibles.

There are two 2025 draft eligible players:

Goalie Gabriel D'Aigle, and forward Porter Martone.

It's a pretty young team.

Sweden's roster:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We'll see if he gets an invite to the World Championships in May to play for Sweden.

I expect both Bedard & Fantilli to be invited by Team Canada.

Austria isn't at the u18s, but are at the World's, so we'll see if David Reinbacher gets an invitation to play for the National team.

Good, Monty & Matheson will get a chance to meet their future teammate 😎

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
We'll see if he gets an invite to the World Championships in May to play for Sweden.

I expect both Bedard & Fantilli to be invited by Team Canada.

Austria isn't at the u18s, but are at the World's, so we'll see if David Reinbacher gets an invitation to play for the National team.
Pretty sure Reinbacher will be at the world championships - wouldn't be eligible for U18's anyways as he's an '04 birthday

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
HuGo in their end of season press conference mentioned they were planning to go to Switzerland for the U18 tournament.

Well, it's now 5 days away!

Link to tournament site:

Team Canada has been announced:

Barlow, Lardis, Cristall, Wood & Ritchie are all on the team. Bjarnason too.

Macklin Celebrini a potential 1st OA for 2024 is going, as are Tanner Howe, Berkly Catton & Carter Yakemchuk. All are 2024 draft eligibles.

There are two 2025 draft eligible players:

Goalie Gabriel D'Aigle, and forward Porter Martone.

It's a pretty young team.

Sweden's roster:

Looking forward to see what Martone can do. The Celebrini show will begin...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Living the life

7dig0u.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm very excited. It's usually the best platform to evaluate the USA players since this is what they train for all year.

Bjarnason should get the net for Canada and I'm excited to see him against teams full of draft eligible talent.

Same I've been waiting for this all year.

It's a good place to see where guys like Stenberg, Allen etc. are as well.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I will probably miss this tournament for the first time in many years, unless I can find an alternative way of watching. Here in the States, the tourney is shown on NHL Network. I recently lost access to that channel when I dumped Xfinity and switched to YouTube TV. This and the U20 tourney are about the only things I watch on NHL Network. :(

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what I think too

U-18s I generally use to answer some questions I have from the beginning of the season on prospects. Most prospects will have some peaks and valleys, but Allen has just been a valley and so much worse than last year.. the best thing he can do is make you think maybe it was a down year, but that would just stagnate his positioning more than worsening it further.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Has Team Slovakia been announced yet? I'm hoping to see Dvorsky playing against kids his own age for a change.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Strbak. I was impressed by him when I saw him play in person at the WJC.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Has Team Slovakia been announced yet? I'm hoping to see Dvorsky playing against kids his own age for a change.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Strbak. I was impressed by him when I saw him play in person at the WJC.

Haven't seen it, but would expect both to be there.

Strbak's USHL play has really hurt his stock for me. I don't know if there's much offense there at all.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I wonder if a dominant performance from Dvorsky would do anything to help his draft stock at all. I know he has a track record of performing well against his own age group, but I'm curious if showcasing that again a few months before the draft would help offset the somewhat lackluster season he had in the AIK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad