Post-Game Talk: 2023 WJC Medal Games (Jan. 5th): CAN wins GOLD! CZE Silver, USA Bronze

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Sweden's going to be very tough to beat next year. It will be on home ice in Gothenburg and most of their team will be back. Many of them won the WU18 championship last spring.

if we're able to draft Sandin Pellikka, Carlsson and Stenberg and play them next year:

Suzuki, Caufield, Dach
Carlsson, Armia, Hoffmann
Stenberg, Slaf, Anderson
Dvorak, Gallagher, Richard

On D:

Guhle Sandin Pellikka
Harris Barron
Matheson Savard

Montembault

Canada will have a chance @ gold.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Well we did Mesar...we would have picked Stankoven before...maybe we then don't pick Mesar and pick....Kulich....;)

One thing that struck me for Kulich is how improved he was defensively and how solid he is on his skates.

It's easy to say....but look at the Russians that could have been here...and you are talking about a medal for sure. Maybe even gold.

This should not have come as a surprise given his identity was always that of a high-motor two-way C/W from his time in the Czech league before he broke out offensively at the U-18s.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
6aDCFnz.png
Wow, deep cuts

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Class act even though he did destroy his parents’ home and possessions thanks to his constant puck shooting in and about the house from morning til night. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
if we're able to draft Sandin Pellikka, Carlsson and Stenberg and play them next year:

Suzuki, Caufield, Dach
Carlsson, Armia, Hoffmann
Stenberg, Slaf, Anderson
Dvorak, Gallagher, Richard

On D:

Guhle Sandin Pellikka
Harris Barron
Matheson Savard

Montembault

Canada will have a chance @ gold.
Can’t wait to see that Carlsson, Armia, Hoffman line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I gotta say, this was a good night... The game was somewhat boring but once Czechs tied it, it became nerve wrecking. The OT goal was a beaut set up by Josh WAH!. AND, I got some great ideas for some golf club upgrades... And as a cherry on top, Armia scored. I mean does life get any better than that?

Only way to top that is if Bedard scored the winner.

I tell yeah, 3/3 sudden death OT is nerve racking. One small mistake and you loose

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
This morning I found out about this interview with Shane Wright, where he talks about all of the sacrifices he made to play hockey. This tells me he plays hockey, but he is not a hockey player. While it is true all serious athletes make sacrifices, most do not see it that way, they see it as a way of life. We dodged a bullet, by not drafting him.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This morning I found out about this interview with Shane Wright, where he talks about all of the sacrifices he made to play hockey. This tells me he plays hockey, but he is not a hockey player. While it is true all serious athletes make sacrifices, most do not see it that way, they see it as a way of life. We dodged a bullet, by not drafting him.

I think you're misreading him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Good tourny for our prospects. It does look a little like Kulich and Bystedt may be misses for us versus Mesar. Mesar projects just as well as them but is also small which is an extra barrier to pass. We'll see though it's only one tournament and Mesar seems to have lost his mojo with Kitchener's coach.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This should not have come as a surprise given his identity was always that of a high-motor two-way C/W from his time in the Czech league before he broke out offensively at the U-18s.
Seems to have been a surprise over our superb scouting team.....

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Good tourny for our prospects. It does look a little like Kulich and Bystedt may be misses for us versus Mesar. Mesar projects just as well as them but is also small which is an extra barrier to pass. We'll see though it's only one tournament and Mesar seems to have lost his mojo with Kitchener's coach.

Just one tournament.. I remember when Robertson was better than Caufield based on a WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad