Post-Game Talk: 2023 WJC Medal Games (Jan. 5th): CAN wins GOLD! CZE Silver, USA Bronze

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was a fun tournament in the end. Would have been as fun if the Czechs would have win it. they would have deserved it too.

Now...time to bring the Russians back.

Thank god for those 2 wins for Canada. 'Cause next year won't be the same story.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sweden's going to be very tough to beat next year. It will be on home ice in Gothenburg and most of their team will be back. Many of them won the WU18 championship last spring.
Latvia could beat Sweden in a final if by some miracle they made it there lol. The biggest bunch of chokers in the world. They are the Toronto Maple Leafs of international hockey lol.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Beauty! He was very good in August, too.

He was even better in this one. He radiates poise and intelligence. What a performance!
Imagine how good he would be if he could skate. :laugh: For all the nay sayers I heard it on TSN when talking about Roy's attributes they did mention his Skating wa one of them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Barron was in the AHL and now he is showing he is struggling.
Slaf when playing with decent players showed some good things but the past 12 games he has really struggled. Don't get me wrong, Roy is very talented but until there is a legitimate group of vets to surround any of our kids with, I say let them play in the AHL.

The amount of criticism Slaf has endured for an 18 year old playing with scrubs has been too much for me to watch. Every little mistake Slaf makes, people attack.
I don't want that for Roy.
I feel like Roy is a lot more NHL ready than Slaf and Barron. Barron should have never been called up and Slaf should have been sent down when he hasn't been able to do anything offensively. If Roy is struggling too, I'd send him down for sure but I feel like he's got a better chance of succeeding than either of those players.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
IIHF Directorate Awards
Best Goalkeeper: Adam Gajan, Slovakia
Best Defender: David Jiricek, Czechia
Best Forward: Connor Bedard, Canada

Media All-Star Team & MVP
Goalkeeper: Tomas Suchanek, Czechia
Defender: David Jiricek, Czechia
Defender: Ludvig Jansson, Sweden
Forward: Connor Bedard, Canada
Forward: Logan Cooley, United States
Forward: Jiri Kulich, Czechia

Most Valuable Player: Connor Bedard, Canada

I thought Roy might get a forward spot. Oh well, those two also deserved it.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I feel like Roy is a lot more NHL ready than Slaf and Barron. Barron should have never been called up and Slaf should have been sent down when he hasn't been able to do anything offensively. If Roy is struggling too, I'd send him down for sure but I feel like he's got a better chance of succeeding than either of those players.
No way I am ready to say Roy has a better chance to succeed than Slaf. Way too early to make that statement

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
IIHF Directorate Awards
Best Goalkeeper: Adam Gajan, Slovakia
Best Defender: David Jiricek, Czechia
Best Forward: Connor Bedard, Canada

Media All-Star Team & MVP
Goalkeeper: Tomas Suchanek, Czechia
Defender: David Jiricek, Czechia
Defender: Ludvig Jansson, Sweden
Forward: Connor Bedard, Canada
Forward: Logan Cooley, United States
Forward: Jiri Kulich, Czechia

Most Valuable Player: Connor Bedard, Canada

I thought Roy might get a forward spot. Oh well, those two also deserved it.
I have no problem with that team. Yeah, maybe Roy over Kulich. Though I'd say I'd most DEFINATELY have Svosil over Jansson.

But Kulich was just insanely dangerous. My heart is broken. Please Mesar....develop. Grow in size too. Become more lethal. Become....Kulich.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Was a fun tournament in the end. Would have been as fun if the Czechs would have win it. they would have deserved it too.

Now...time to bring the Russians back.

Thank god for those 2 wins for Canada. 'Cause next year won't be the same story.
Yeah. Russia needs to be back.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I have no problem with that team. Yeah, maybe Roy over Kulich. Though I'd say I'd most DEFINATELY have Svosil over Jansson.

But Kulich was just insanely dangerous. My heart is broken. Please Mesar....develop. Grow in size too. Become more lethal. Become....Kulich.

yeah, he plays an nhl game, if that makes sense. more than mesar. at least we have beck.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
We have enough good small players.

Well we did Mesar...we would have picked Stankoven before...maybe we then don't pick Mesar and pick....Kulich....;)

One thing that struck me for Kulich is how improved he was defensively and how solid he is on his skates.

Yeah. Russia needs to be back.
It's easy to say....but look at the Russians that could have been here...and you are talking about a medal for sure. Maybe even gold.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad