Player Discussion: 2023 Vezina Finalist Connor Hellebuyck

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't disagree. I get wanting to work hard to keep talent here. It's likely not easy to acquire in this market but sometime you need to be proactive. The Laine trade would be an example of one such proactive move, but many are deadline driven. Who knows maybe that is when the value is highest for his players.
I'm willing to keep giving Chevy the benefit of the doubt, and I'm just about as patient of a person I know. I just see a troubling trend of always having to deal from a forced position. Saying that he does pull of some pretty good deals in those forced positions. We will see how it all plays out, and I won't complain about us going all in this season. I'm quite looking forward to the season as I think we will be more competitive then many believe.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm willing to keep giving Chevy the benefit of the doubt, and I'm just about as patient of a person I know. I just see a troubling trend of always having to deal from a forced position. Saying that he does pull of some pretty good deals in those forced positions. We will see how it all plays out, and I won't complain about us going all in this season. I'm quite looking forward to the season as I think we will be more competitive then many believe.

Personally I think Chevy's weakness is not being more active in making hockey trades. I think some of the deals we've seen were ones Chevy could've jumped in on.

That said, I think any Winnipeg GM is going to be in a forced position, as you call it, just due to the nature of the market. You have to try to get value but also ice your own team and not be shown as a GM that will immediately trade someone when they ask. You have up to 7 years of control, he should try to maximize that.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'll bring it back to Hellebuyck here

Not overly concerned with him. I truly believe he's serious in what he says. I think he says it like it is. I think he's here to win a cup. They all are. Jets could surprise this year but they need all players to buy in. Helle? He's good. It's 55 I worry about honestly

Reactions: GNP and Eyeseeing

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I know he had a slower start but Helle seems back on track. So glad we were able to re-sign him … he’s a possible future HHOF.

Combine that with his awesome Sportsnet interview and I think Helle’s my favourite Jet this year. Can’t wait for my white heritage Helle jersey to arrive

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I know he had a slower start but Helle seems back on track. So glad we were able to re-sign him … he’s a possible future HHOF.

Combine that with his awesome Sportsnet interview and I think Helle’s my favourite Jet this year. Can’t wait for my white heritage Helle jersey to arrive
Yeah, that interview was fantastic and I'm glad I stayed up to watch it...:thumbu:

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Need a big game from Helly tonight against the Devils to support @Guffman on the main threads discussing the devils goaltending situation. :)

Need a big game from Helly tonight against the Devils to support @Guffman on the main threads discussing the devils goaltending situation. :)
I predicted 6-2 win......so I'm doing my best to try and support the entertaining thread :)

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I played goalie growing up and I can't think of any goal I gave up that was my fault.
Funny, I played goalie growing up too and I always said that if the puck went past me, it was my fault - regardless of what led to the shot being taken

My rationale was that in my career I made some absolutely ridiculous saves that I had no business making... so in my mind, I could stop anything

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Murat should have asked Hellebuyck if he felt any additional pressure for tonight's game given the stakes involved with that HF Trade Forums thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Buffdog

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Funny, I played goalie growing up too and I always said that if the puck went past me, it was my fault - regardless of what led to the shot being taken

My rationale was that in my career I made some absolutely ridiculous saves that I had no business making... so in my mind, I could stop anything

Are you really a goalie if you haven't stared down your D after a goal for screening you?

• Haha
Reactions: Jet

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I see Helle gets more stars than either MacKinnon or Matthews. :laugh:

Probably won't be mentioned on SN. Laffs fans would riot
airplane-panic.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad