GDT: 2023 Upper Deck NHL Draft: 1st Round, June 28, 7 p.m. et | ESPN, SN, TVAS: Nashville, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Considering the sheer number of posts and time dedicated to the traded picks throughout the season, it feels like big dose of excitement was taken from under us.
Thank you!!!!

I was pumped just for the sheer volume of high end talent I expected would be added via draft or trade from this exceptional draft.

Instead we end up with Alex Oldhook and our second and third best assets are in Colorado???

It’s like getting gas station sushi.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Thank you!!!!

I was pumped just for the sheer volume of high end talent I expected would be added via draft or trade from this exceptional draft.

Instead we end up with Alex Oldhook and our second and third best assets are in Colorado???

It’s like getting gas station sushi.

On a positive note, we can tune in and tune out of the draft pretty quickly if we want.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
The last 2 times we took a risk. We have won big time (Price and Caufield). Maybe ,we will add Hutson to that list soon. Come on Kent, take a risk and gamble on Michkov.
We risked in taking Galchenyuk (did not play in his draft year), and failed.
We risked in taking Kotkaniemi (he was a reach because we needed a C), and we failed
We risked in taking A. Kostitsyn (a player with medical issue from a country producing few NHL players), and we failed.
And Caufield was not a risk at 15 after dropping there. He was then the obvious pick. Price was a risk.
Risking is not always the way to go.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
This draft class is pretty top heavy to even be in the mix for a guy like MM at 5 is unreal. The off the wall predictions are hilarious..

Call him Michel Michaud

I like it :slaugh:

Free avy

SmartSelect_20230623-155134_Brave.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Guillermo and Svart

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
We risked in taking Galchenyuk (did not play in his draft year), and failed.
We risked in taking Kotkaniemi (he was a reach because we needed a C), and we failed
We risked in taking A. Kostitsyn (a player with medical issue from a country producing few NHL players), and we failed.
And Caufield was not a risk at 15 after dropping there. He was then the obvious pick. Price was a risk.
Risking is not always the way to go.
It is when that player has more talent then the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad