Speculation: 2023 Trade/Free agency thread aka “The Verbeekening - Part Deux”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Need to sign them before they are eligible to play this upcoming season.
So do we still have to give them qualifying offers by today? I guess I’ve never really understood contracts and tried to figure it out looking it up and then confused myself further

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So do we still have to give them qualifying offers by today? I guess I’ve never really understood contracts and tried to figure it out looking it up and then confused myself further

Yeah they have to be qualified, probably has already occurred.

I see where you're coming from, it's a complicated system, don't think I'll ever fully have a handle on all of it.

Reactions: ScarTroy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_4172.gif

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I honestly don't mind getting your guy by overpaying the hell out of him. I wonder if some of the young UFAs could be persuaded to sign a 1-2 year deal at a super high amount for that reason only. We aren't realistically in any cap trouble for the next two seasons, might be a good time to throw some money on a short term deal at another guy we like (Graves, Mayfield)

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we're giving someone a Klingberg type deal this offseason, Duchene would be my guy, would put him at wing in the top 6.

Duchene-Zegras-Carlsson
Henrique-McTavish-Terry

I just hope we fills in some holes. Looking at the roster we have to sign someone don’t even have a full D line-up, and our forwards are also lacking, need a 4C, and another Top 6 guy.

Shatty is not returning, and Vaak cannot stay healthy won’t even count him. Beaulieu was horrible, not sold on White, and Benoit is a 6/7 at best.

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad