WJC: 2023 Team Slovakia roster talk

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Has there been any news on Honzek? I am hoping its just a small cut and he just went to the hospital as a pre cautionary measure.

Has it been confirmed that his Achilles has actually been cut? that seems like something a lot of people would be talking about in Slovak media. I don't really see it being discussed.

Reactions: Czechboy

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Has there been any news on Honzek? I am hoping its just a small cut and he just went to the hospital as a pre cautionary measure.

Has it been confirmed that his Achilles has actually been cut? that seems like something a lot of people would be talking about in Slovak media. I don't really see it being discussed.
His achilles is ok.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That sucks.. that's 3 key guys in Slaf, Molnar and now Honzek out. All for very different reasons too.

That Latvia game is going to be insane.

Reactions: Antiillafire

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
That sucks.. that's 3 key guys in Slaf, Molnar and now Honzek out. All for very different reasons too.

That Latvia game is going to be insane.
+ Demek (Vegas)

But I do not think the game is going to be insane. Misiak is good replacement. Furthermore, showings of Baco, Sotek and L. Nemec are pretty decent. I did not expect that coming.

It´s shame to lose Honzek, though. One of the players I was most curious about.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
+ Demek (Vegas)

But I do not think the game is going to be insane. Misiak is good replacement. Furthermore, showings of Baco, Sotek and L. Nemec are pretty decent. I did not expect that coming.

It´s shame to lose Honzek, though. One of the players I was most curious about.
Your peak generation never got to play together at this. It's a shame. Congrats on US win and you got 2 very good games coming up! I'll be loudly cheering.

Reactions: stastny12

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Jeez. That´s pretty bad for his draft chances. What a season he has had...
I don’t think it will impact his draft position that much. Lots of players get injured in their draft year and still go high. Jiricek suffered a worse injury and came back and still went very high. Scouts see and know his game. The important thing is to not rush the recovery

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
I don’t think it will impact his draft position that much. Lots of players get injured in their draft year and still go high. Jiricek suffered a worse injury and came back and still went very high. Scouts see and know his game. The important thing is to not rush the recovery
Fingers crossed.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
If his recovery goes as expected he'll be back in action mid February. Still lot of games to be played before the draft. Let's stay positive.

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
On a more positive note, very possible regulation wins in the remaining matches guarantee us at least 2nd place in the group, and in the case of a convenient result (FIN lose in OT, or a better score than US), we might even be 1st!

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Its a shame Slaf was not landed to Solvakia... it would been really fun to see Slaf, Mesar play on the same line, those would have complemented them selfs very well. Also Slaf with the NHL experience would really be a dominant force in the tournement

Reactions: Kojo

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava

Slafkovský out for no other reason than the NHL's usual egoism & sabotaging of top international events. :mad: Stupid regular season games in a regional league and blowouts at the expense of Montreal considered more important than the World Championships. I guess North America will never get rid of its selfishness, thinking of itself as the center of the universe. 🤮

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Slafkovský out for no other reason than the NHL's usual egoism & sabotaging of top international events. :mad: Stupid regular season games in a regional league and blowouts at the expense of Montreal considered more important than the World Championships. I guess North America will never get rid of its selfishness, thinking of itself as the center of the universe. 🤮
Strongly disagree. He's an NHLer now. No more WJC for him. It's always been that way. Canada regularly misses guys in this tourney because they've been drafted. Has nothing to do with NA centrist in hockey.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The one that bugs me more is when they don't let AHL players go to the world's! Every year the czechs have a few guys in AHL that would help us and instead.they ride buses. I hate it. Eg. For us... Dostal, jiricek, galvas, Kulich and Kral may all be unavailable and they are better than what we have in Europe. I imagine Slovaks might be same with Mesar. But Slaf should be available at least!

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’m almost glad this team didn’t finish first and matchup with Germany for the QF spot as that would have kept Fenes his job without a doubt. Hopefully now the federation will dump him and bring in a coach who actually knows what he’s doing.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I’m almost glad this team didn’t finish first and matchup with Germany for the QF spot as that would have kept Fenes his job without a doubt. Hopefully now the federation will dump him and bring in a coach who actually knows what he’s doing.
Lots of hockey left! You'll be a nightmare quarter opponent and fully capable of winning that. It might be the Czechs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad