11 Marian Mosko 17 Michal Laurencik

19 Samuel Honzek 18 Servac Petrovsky 10 Filip Mesar
22 Alex Ciernik 16 Dalibor Dvorsky 14 Martin Misiak
20 Libor Nemec 21 Peter Repcik 9 Adam Zlnka
13 Robert Baco 25 Frantisek Dej 28 Alex Sotek

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I have a gut feeling that Slaf´s arrival is gonna be announced last minute.

PP with him would be just different:
Honzek
Slaf-Dvorsky-Mesar
Nemec
😲
Today is the day I had marked on my calendar for the announcement. Yesterday was Montreal‘s last game before the break. If you do the math, he would likely only miss four NHL games. That seems like a bargain to give the guy his last hurrah at this tournament, and of course a little confidence boost to carry into the rest of the season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I have a gut feeling that Slaf´s arrival is gonna be announced last minute.

PP with him would be just different:
Honzek
Slaf-Dvorsky-Mesar
Nemec
😲
That would be enough to clean up Bedard's chippy games from exhibition.. no Jr team (even Canada) wants to stare that down. Hope he comes... that'd be amazing. Montreal is not making playoffs and it's not far. Good luck in your pool!

Reactions: stastny12

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
No annoucement yet, so I guess no Slaf at the WJC, as well. 😏

To be honest, I don't expect any big things. We have a lot of super talented players, but we will pay for inexperience. Most of them are 18, and some of them not even that. We will play naive hockey and thats why older, more experienced teams like Switzerland will probably beat us.

Forward lines in my eyes:
Honzek Petrovsky Mesar
Sykora Dvorsky Ciernik
Misiak Repcik Zlnka
Sotek Dej Baco

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
A bunch of other teams have NHLers. Why shouldn't Slaf come?

I'd imagine the situation for him is similar to that of Jack Hughes in 2020. He likely would have dominated the tournament but even though he was overmatched at the NHL level New Jersey (and possibly Hughes himself) felt it was better for his development to be playing in the NHL.

I remember thinking at the time it might have set him back (since the situation in New Jersey at the time was bleak and many of their better prospects were either in the AHL, juniors or Europe) but the experience seems to have paid dividends.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I'd imagine the situation for him is similar to that of Jack Hughes in 2020. He likely would have dominated the tournament but even though he was overmatched at the NHL level New Jersey (and possibly Hughes himself) felt it was better for his development to be playing in the NHL.

I remember thinking at the time it might have set him back (since the situation in New Jersey at the time was bleak and many of their better prospects were either in the AHL, juniors or Europe) but the experience seems to have paid dividends.
If you get lent out to Team Canada, you have to miss a MONTH of games. In this case with Slovakia, which does not require its NHL additions to attend their camp, it would have meant missing a mere four to five games. Don't tell me his career will be better because of playing low minutes in the regular season of an amount of games you can count on one hand. Developmentally, this wasn't going to affect him either way, so you might as well just send him.

Reactions: Fatass and Faterson

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
If you get lent out to Team Canada, you have to miss a MONTH of games. In this case with Slovakia, which does not require its NHL additions to attend their camp, it would have meant missing a mere four to five games. Don't tell me his career will be better because of playing low minutes in the regular season of an amount of games you can count on one hand. Developmentally, this wasn't going to affect him either way, so you might as well just send him.
Wasn't saying one way or the other is right. Only that that was likely how the decision was made.

I'd imagine the world junior experience of his current teammate Kirby Dach, who suffered an injury that forced him to miss considerable time, was also a factor.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I have zero confidence in any team coached by Fenes. He has not shown any progress since Hlinka Gretzky cup in 2021. The most memorable moment with him behind the bench was useless 6 on 3 PP against Sweden before the championship was canceled last year.

Last edited:

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
So, Alex Šotek added as the last name to the roster.
Little bit disappointed by Martin Misiak who remains with the team only as the substitute. I hope our couches know what they are doing. Maybe there is some little injury behind this strange decision?

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
So, Alex Šotek added as the last name to the roster.
Little bit disappointed by Martin Misiak who remains with the team only as the substitute. I hope our couches know what they are doing. Maybe there is some little injury behind this strange decision?
Or maybe they just don´t know what are they doing...

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
The single unfortunate thing on tonights victory is Honzeks injury. Cut achilles, oof, I am going to be surprised if he plays again at the tournament. How would you mix the lines with his absence?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
The single unfortunate thing on tonights victory is Honzeks injury. Cut achilles, oof, I am going to be surprised if he plays again at the tournament. How would you mix the lines with his absence?
I am guessing Libor Nemec will move to the top line in his spot. Honzek is a big loss if he is indeed out for the tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad