WJC: 2023 Team Slovakia roster talk

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Well, if Canada doesn't thrash these bumblers with double digits, that's gonna be somewhat satisfactory. My guess is 8-2 or so.

Reactions: elMatador

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Gajan with just two games for Green Bay before the WJC. Did he replace someone due to injury or is he just waiting his turn?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Gajan with just two games for Green Bay before the WJC. Did he replace someone due to injury or is he just waiting his turn?

He is big, had good numbers in NAHL, USHL, and our goalies didnt played well. So, they made a change.
Before tournament, it was predicted, our Nr.1 goalie will be Marinov. Fenes surprised us with his move in first game with Andrisik. After the bad game vs Finland, they had to change something. And it worked very well.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
The tournament is over and here are my takes.

Positives
- Gajan came out of nowhere to our MVP and a potential draft candidate. Similar story to Rybar last year at the Olympics.
- Repcik had an amazing tournament (minus the last shift)
- Dvorsky had a decent tournament although he didn't show up on the scoreboard too much
- Mesar also had some nice moments and had a good production
- Libor Nemec did really well on the top line
- Simon Nemec's offense
- Strbak had another great tournament
- One of the all-time best junior performances of our team against Canada
- A win against the US (duh)
- A lot was said about Fenes being a bad coach, but I don't know how true that is. He sure prepared the team well for the games against the US and Canada. Some wanted Dvorsky to play on the top PP, but our PP was clicking at around 45% rate. You can't do much better than that. Both PP units produced.
- Most of our top players can come back next year

Negatives
- Honzek's injury
- Third period collapse vs SUI has ultimately cost us a semifinal spot
- S. Nemec still makes too many mistakes
- Lacklustre performance in the opener vs FIN

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava

He's only on loan there for 10 games. Played the first 2 in the week leading up to WJC, won both, got called up to the national team as third-string goalie. Let's see where it goes from here. (See Gajan thread for more.)

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
But realistically – besides Gajan – who is going to be drafter as an overager from the roster? I believe Baco, L. Nemec and Repcik have a real chance to be picked.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
- Dvorsky had a decent tournament although he didn't show up on the scoreboard too much
I think Dvorsky was excellent. Funny thing is that he did exactly the opposite of what we expected. At least I did not expect him to be so good defensively, work hard along the boards, great awareness all over the ice. Yes, couple more goals would be amazing, but he had the chances, his shots were very good.
He was slowly falling in the rankings, but this performance surprised a lot of scouts and brings him back to top 3 contenders.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The tournament is over and here are my takes.

Positives
- Gajan came out of nowhere to our MVP and a potential draft candidate. Similar story to Rybar last year at the Olympics.
- Repcik had an amazing tournament (minus the last shift)
- Mesar also had some nice moments and had a good production
- Libor Nemec did really well on the top line
- Simon Nemec's offense
- Strbak had another great tournament
- One of the all-time best junior performances of our team against Canada
- A win against the US (duh)
- A lot was said about Fenes being a bad coach, but I don't know how true that is. He sure prepared the team well for the games against the US and Canada. Some wanted Dvorsky to play on the top PP, but our PP was clicking at around 45% rate. You can't do much better than that. Both PP units produced.
- Most of our top players can come back next year

Negatives
- Honzek's injury
- Third period collapse vs SUI has ultimately cost us a semifinal spot
- S. Nemec still makes too many mistakes
- Lacklustre performance in the opener vs FIN
You guys were great. Well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad