Sykora - Repcik - Misiak
L. Nemec - Stetka - Danielcak
Kupco / Zlnka / Baco

Mosko - Nemec
Natny - Strbak
Becar - Kmec
Groch

Marinov (Korec, Elias)
C depth is pretty weak, Petrovsky hasn’t played C for the past several games for the Attack and is now basically a LW, who takes some faceoffs. And his best play has come as LW, not as a C. Repcik at least plays C now with Charlottetown, compared to when he was with Cape Breton.

Stetka’s skating is a concern for me, teams will overwhelm the 4th line with speed.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Sykora - Petrovsky - Mesar
Ciernik - Dvorsky - Molnar
Honzek - Repcik - Zlnka
Misiak - Stefancik - Baco

Becar - Nemec
Mosko - Strbak
Natny - Kmec
Chromiak

Marinov
Gajan

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Honzek - Repcik - Zlnka

Becar - Nemec
Mosko - Strbak
Natny - Kmec
Chromiak

Marinov
Gajan
I would swap Sykora and Honzek, Sykora does not have that much offensive potential.

Reactions: hellwar9

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
First roster for the preparation camp starting Dec., 12th in Zvolen, Slovakia (Euro players only):
Goalies: Patrik Andrisík, Matej Vereš
Defensemen: Boris Žabka, Michal Laurenčík, Dávid Nátny, Šimon Groch, Pavol Funtek
Forwards: František Dej, Alex Šotek, Adam Sýkora, Ondrej Molnár, Marcel Štefančík, Martin Mišiak, Dalibor Dvorský, Alex Čiernik, Libor Nemec.
All players with the exception of goalie Vereš will fly to Canada for the pre-WCJ camp. If all NA players join (goalies Marinov, Eliáš, perhaps Korec, defensemen Š. Nemec, Štrbák, Kmec, Moško, Bečár, J. Chromiak, forwards Mešár, Petrovský, Honzek, Bačo, Repčík, perhaps Žlnka) at least 2-3 defensemen and 2-3 forwards from Euro players will have to leave before WCJ starts.

Ozolynch

May 28, 2022
Honzek - Repcik - Zlnka

Becar - Nemec
Mosko - Strbak
Natny - Kmec
Chromiak

Marinov
Gajan
How well do you guys think a lineup like this can perform against the better teams in the group (US, Finland)? Do you think the absence of Slaf may be so significant regarding the chance to win against them?

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
How well do you guys think a lineup like this can perform against the better teams in the group (US, Finland)? Do you think the absence of Slaf may be so significant regarding the chance to win against them?
Wejust do not have depth to compete against them. Everytime we had some success we had strong goalie performance. Not sure if those two guys can bring that.

Reactions: Ozolynch

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Wejust do not have depth to compete against them. Everytime we had some success we had strong goalie performance. Not sure if those two guys can bring that.
Actually, depth shouldn't be a problem. Just imagine, 3rd line with Zlnka and Sykora (which can easily happen). 2 drafted guys in bottom 6. That is a luxury by Slovak standards. I think our weakness is probably the fact that we are way too young. When you look at the names, we are sending pretty much u19 team. Also agree with you about our goalies. Solid names but nothing special. Judging by the current form, Marinov should be no.1. Gajan can be a dark horse but Feneš probably prefers Elias.

Reactions: Ozolynch

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Actually, depth shouldn't be a problem. Just imagine, 3rd line with Zlnka and Sykora (which can easily happen). 2 drafted guys in bottom 6. That is a luxury by Slovak standards. I think our weakness is probably the fact that we are way too young. When you look at the names, we are sending pretty much u19 team. Also agree with you about our goalies. Solid names but nothing special. Judging by the current form, Marinov should be no.1. Gajan can be a dark horse but Feneš probably prefers Elias.
I was comparing our depth to Fins or US. Last WJC both had just five undrafted players, two of them goalies. Plus US had one 2023 draft eligible. We will have five drafted players, but I agree this team is probably too young. Unfortunately, Demek is out as the best of 2003 class.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

I don't read Slovak so it's possible I misread this but this story sounds insane!
Yeah, every year before the WJC something bad happens. Some kid hit Sykora from behind during floorball game, big scrum happened after that and Molnar punch that kid, caused him broken jaw in 3 places. Parents (or someone else) called police. Seems like Sykora should be OK after all but its not good for Molnar.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, every year before the WJC something bad happens. Some kid hit Sykora from behind during floorball game, big scrum happened after that and Molnar punch that kid, caused him broken jaw in 3 places. Parents (or someone else) called police. Seems like Sykora should be OK after all but its not good for Molnar.
Is Molnar hurt? Eg. broke his hand on the kids face? Or is he going to be possibly suspended or something?

Slovakia had a potential gold generation at the World JR's the last 2 years and never got all the guns together due to NHL commitments, bad luck and injuries. I would've loved to have seen them altogether in a month!

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Is Molnar hurt? Eg. broke his hand on the kids face? Or is he going to be possibly suspended or something?

Slovakia had a potential gold generation at the World JR's the last 2 years and never got all the guns together due to NHL commitments, bad luck and injuries. I would've loved to have seen them altogether in a month!
There are ongoing police allegations on Molnar right now.. does it need more words than this?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I understood Molnar was puched in the face first. Both players should be in trouble. But the first one to throw a punch hould be in worse trouble.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I understood Molnar was puched in the face first. Both players should be in trouble. But the first one to throw a punch hould be in worse trouble.
One version is that some kid fouled Sykora at the end of game. Molnar tried to defend Sykora, but the kid slaped him. That made Molnar furious and tried to fight the kid. Looks like he went over the top and beat him really badly. Some sources say he kept beating while the kid lied on the floor. Few lost teeth and multiple broken jaw.
There is big probability he will be suspended.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Molnar is out. That sucks! I don't know how I feel about the verdict tbh. First time a highschool gym class incident has effected the WJHC to my knowledge. I've read many different versions and they don't line up. Curious how it ends.

Reactions: jcbio11

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Molnar is out. That sucks! I don't know how I feel about the verdict tbh. First time a highschool gym class incident has effected the WJHC to my knowledge. I've read many different versions and they don't line up. Curious how it ends.
I guess it ends with him in Erie... so he can fly to and play in Canada but not for Slovakia. I assumed that part of the reason he didn't got was becuase he couldn't leave the country under a criminal invesitgation. Guess not.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I guess it ends with him in Erie... so he can fly to and play in Canada but not for Slovakia. I assumed that part of the reason he didn't got was becuase he couldn't leave the country under a criminal invesitgation. Guess not.

Good decision. Molnar isnt a game changer. And it wouldnt look good, if a player under criminal investigation will be in team.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad