Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

• Tyler Brennan
  • Thomas Milic
  • William Rousseau

Surprising picks in front of the net though. Gaudreau would be the obvious choice.

We can only take two since the CHL plays during the tournament. I don't understand why Gaudreau is the obvious choice, is there that much faith he'll ditch the bad habits he's getting in Sarnia and pull it all together here when you already have Brennan & Milic?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
All I can say is too bad McTavish and Sillinger won't be there. That would be a Dream Team indeed. But looking forward to both heading to Europe in May for some WHC reps.

Reactions: Statsy and jaro

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
I get people questioning the goaltending, but Milic has been incredible in some big games in his whl career. Gave up 3 goals on 70 shots to bring Seattle back from a 3-2 series defecit in the west finals last year. Just an unbelievable series that was and Milic was the difference vs Garand. He's a damn good goalie.
Edit- just did some math; in Seattle's 4 wins vs Kamloops- Milic gave up 5 goals on 147 shots. The difference.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
All I can say is too bad McTavish and Sillinger won't be there. That would be a Dream Team indeed. But looking forward to both heading to Europe in May for some WHC reps.
I am not sure Sillinger is playing at the level to make a WHC team. Even as a younger player. He likely shouldn't be in the NHL right now.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I get people questioning the goaltending, but Milic has been incredible in some big games in his whl career. Gave up 3 goals on 70 shots to bring Seattle back from a 3-2 series defecit in the west finals last year. Just an unbelievable series that was and Milic was the difference vs Garand. He's a damn good goalie.
Edit- just did some math; in Seattle's 4 wins vs Kamloops- Milic gave up 5 goals on 147 shots. The difference.
The cream rises to the top, so if he plays well in camp he has a reasonable chance to be the guy. It looks like one of those years where we just need reasonable goaltending, not someone that has to stand on his head.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
My prediction for the galaxy brain omission this year is Korchinski. He can be a bit frightening in his own end, and with Clarke and Zellweger possessing high-end offensive ability, it wouldn't shock me if they left off the risky (but extremely talented) 04 for a more two-way or defensive-minded 03.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
My prediction for the galaxy brain omission this year is Korchinski. He can be a bit frightening in his own end, and with Clarke and Zellweger possessing high-end offensive ability, it wouldn't shock me if they left off the risky (but extremely talented) 04 for a more two-way or defensive-minded 03.
Something tells me they’ll leave off Fantilli because of the antiquated hockey Canada notion that skill players can’t play in the bottom 6, that would be complete galaxy brain

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't recall if it has been posted but there are two USports games, one on the 11th (at 2PM AT) and one on the 12th at 12PM AT).

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

I like his lines.

• Brennan Othmann – Shane Wright – Dylan Guenther
  • Adam Fantilli – Connor Bedard – Logan Stankoven
  • Joshua Roy – Nathan Gaucher – Zachary Bolduc
  • Riley Kidney – Owen Beck – Zach Ostapchuk
Extras : Reid Schaefer et Ryan Greene
  • Olen Zellweger – Brandt Clarke
  • Kevin Korchinski – Carson Lambos
  • Ethan Del Mastro – Nolan Allan
Extras : Tyson Hinds et Jack Matier
  • Tyler Brennan
  • Thomas Milic
  • William Rousseau

Surprising picks in front of the net though. Gaudreau would be the obvious choice.

Besides the goalie it can't get better than that,, crazy lineup,
Think it might be the best roster ever.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Hmmm… I hadn’t considered them cutting Fantilli. Like most on this board, I get giddy at the thought of the sheer firepower that we can bring, and Fantilli is absolutely lighting it up at Michigan. However, when I put real thought into it, I start to remember his play at the U18’s. This kid is very raw still and his decision making is often terrible. I remember being quite frustrated by his lack of hockey IQ in that tournament. Has anybody been watching him this year?

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nahhh their defense might be better a bit but not the offense.
Their offense has 4 first ballot hall of famers, won every single individual award in the league multiple times, and has multiple 1000+ game, 1000+ point players.

This offense is nothing remotely close to the 2005 teams offense.

The best draft class in the past 30 years, with a year long lockout in their 19 year old seasons. Of course it will be the best team. It had 10ish players who would've been in the NHL otherwise.

Reactions: Gold Standard

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Their offense has 4 first ballot hall of famers, won every single individual award in the league multiple times, and has multiple 1000+ game, 1000+ point players.

This offense is nothing remotely close to the 2005 teams offense.
To be fair, only time will tell. When they played in 2005, they weren’t first ballot HOF’ers, they were a bunch of junior kids, just like on this team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
To be fair, only time will tell. When they played in 2005, they weren’t first ballot HOF’ers, they were a bunch of junior kids, just like on this team.
They were a bunch of players who would have been in the NHL had there not been a year long lockout.

The team scored 42 goals in 6 games and let in 7....

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
They were a bunch of players who would have been in the NHL had there not been a year long lockout.

Bergeron had already spent a full season in the NHL. And yeah, Carter would have been in the NHL that season, potentially Getzlaf, Perry and Richards too.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver

The team scored 42 goals in 6 games and let in 7....
Well, some would be in the NHL and some would have likely been loaned, just like this year. They had a dream team though, without question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad