WJC: 2023 Team Canada Roster Talk

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Canada could put together 2 teams next year and they would probably play each other in the gold medal game .
Canadians say this every year yet they more often than not don’t win gold.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They are in the gold medal game basically every year though .
5 of the last 10 gold medal games have featured Canada. Great record but not worthy of diminishing every other hockey nation by saying Canadas B-team would beat everyone.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
5 of the last 10 gold medal games have featured Canada. Great record but not worthy of diminishing every other hockey nation by saying Canadas B-team would beat everyone.
Sure there’s no telling who’s gonna win for certain but if your trying to say Canada doesn’t have the deepest pool of prospects available to them each year your wrong .

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sure there’s no telling who’s gonna win for certain but if your trying to say Canada doesn’t have the deepest pool of prospects available to them each year your wrong .
They do, but they have never been deep enough to ice two gold medal game teams. Being the deepest is not the same as being deep enough to blow everyone else out of the water. One of the USA, Sweden, Russia can match Canada most years depending on which country has a good age group.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
They do, but they have never been deep enough to ice two gold medal game teams. Being the deepest is not the same as being deep enough to blow everyone else out of the water. One of the USA, Sweden, Russia can match Canada most years depending on which country has a good age group.
Well no one is gonna blow everyone out of the water . Canada basically has the task of picking the right team each year . They have there 2-3 big names and than the rest of the team could be replaced with all new players and be slightly worse .

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Not mentioning Finland makes you look like a joke. Go check the gold winning teams these last 8 years when it comes to the WJC´s. You can pretty much exclude Sweden from that list if you are not going to mention Finland. You do know Finland have won three gold medals and Sweden have? Zero. :D

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not mentioning Finland makes you look like a joke. Go check the gold winning teams these last 8 years when it comes to the WJC´s. You can pretty much exclude Sweden from that list if you are not going to mention Finland. You do know Finland have won three gold medals and Sweden have? Zero. :D
Finland almost always have less talented rosters than the big 4 and tend to struggle when they don’t win gold.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Finland almost always have less talented rosters than the big 4 and tend to struggle when they don’t win gold.

You are just so full of c*ap it's hilarious. Finland won the bronze in the latest tournament. With Lundell and Niemelä being in the All-Star roster and Heinola should have been there as well because he was just as good as Niemelä.
Sweden? Empty handed.
Let me refresh you memory. We won against Sweden in that tournament. We lost by one goal to the gold medalist and Finland won the bronze with ease against Russia with 4-1.
Conclusion? Like most of the times you are completely wrong and spitting out some really biased nonsense. Nobody but yourself can take you serious by now.
So all in all? Four medals in the eight latest tournaments where three of them were gold? Sweden? Three silver and one bronze? Lol! Oh yeah, Sweden is better, of course they are. Whatever you say ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
So we know all 8 teams that are out in the east.

Can we hope to get some medium to big names? Will Price want to play? How about Barzal? Would love to get some of the young talent from Ottawa. Subban always seems like he’s game, I would love to see him there. Does Power play again, Cozens? I’d like to get Skinner, perfect 3rd line player for this tourney.

Edit: wrong thread!!

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
Canada could put together 2 teams next year and they would probably play each other in the gold medal game .
Oh brother , stop with this crap already , I would agree with you only if Canada would have won every tournament at every age group but we don’t , so that narrative of bringing a second team is pure garbage

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Oh brother , stop with this crap already , I would agree with you only if Canada would have won every tournament at every age group but we don’t , so that narrative of bringing a second team is pure garbage
Canada has better depth than any other nation, but the more realistic assertion is that Canada could have two competitive teams (in stronger birth years I would say Canada B would be a top 4/5 team) rather than the two best teams

Reactions: Dominance

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Could be hell of a dream team if everybody shows up. Looking forward to some August junior action.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Johnson will be overaged.

It was my mistake. early morning. coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Sillinger and Ceulemans can play in August and the Christmas tourny. Johnson is only eligible to play the August 2022 reboot tourney.

MasterPecno

Dec 14, 2021
I know , every year is the same garbage. A team b team yet we win gold once every 5 years. Oh brother at the people saying we can file 2 teams. No we can’t

HockeyProspects101

May 30, 2018
Ideal December Tournament Roster:

Conor Bedard
Shane Wright
Adam Fantilli
Mason McTavish
Cole Sillinger
Dylan Guenther
Wyatt Johnston
Conor Geekie
Brennan Othmann