Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Not every billionaire are the same...

And you complaining about teams having “sugar daddies” while rooting for a team being owned by a billionaire and a top spending team the last decade is ridiculous. Which was the whole point

Those impoverished billionaires… we should start a gofundme

I’m in the twilight zone

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
And you complaining about teams having “sugar daddies” while rooting for a team being owned by a billionaire and a top spending team the last decade is ridiculous. Which was the whole point

I’m in the twilight zone
Yes. Let's just ignore the first top two spenders of that list. Not the same business model, which is exactly the point. Please :laugh:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You have forgotten that Liverpool spending doesn't count.
What? Who claimed that...

Sugar Daddy Ownership definition:
Sugar daddies usually inject their private money into their club and bear the full financial impact of their actions individually.

Tell me what is wrong in calling Newcastle, Man City, PSG and Chelsea under Roman as sugar daddy ownership?

It's not debatable. It's like if you have never heard of that term before? I never cried or claimed that it was unfair. It's the reality, LFC will never compete financially under current ownership with the likes of them. They have to be smarter with their spending.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s quite simple… imagine a Barca fan complaining about other teams spending or crying poor. It rings hallow we are not as rich as Manchesters.
As I said and I repeat. What is wrong in calling Chelsea (under Abrahomovic), Man City, PSG or Newcastle now as Sugar Daddy?
That's all I did.

I have never cried poor or complained about other team spending. I repeat what I said, LFC have to be SMARTER with their spending. Damn are people overreacting or what?

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s quite simple… imagine a Barca fan complaining about other teams spending or crying poor. It rings hallow we are not as rich as Manchesters.
Barcelona have their own self inflicted financial issue and to be fair Barcelona have probably the best academy in world football and they are NOW competing in the only league with a tight financial system in place unlike the EPL. A team like Atletico or Sevilla have to be smarter with their spending compared to the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona to compete. Is it that much an outlandish claim?

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Oh look 15 premier league teams have billionaire owners. They have NO right to be unhappy if they cannot keep up with Man City or Newcastle spending. All clubs should do it the hard way like a true champion club like Barcelona, they never complain about anything, model franchise in term of financial stability, never spending beyond their mean.

Cry Baby List

The premier league is indeed very balanced in term of spending power and fair play to Man City for never bending the rules regarding FFP, all clubs should do that, they mostly have billionaire ownership afterall. It's a level playing field for all because billionaires own them you know.

A fair ownership model

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

@Corto @HajdukSplit

Got anything to say about him?

I’ll take a punt. I’ve only seen clips of him, but he looks very good. @Corto made a very good point about how he‘s bigger than pretty much anyone else, but he’s also played in levels above his age. Not sure how many matches he played, but he did play for Hadjuk Split in the Uefa Youth League final last season where they lost 5-0 to AZ and he gave up a penalty. Not sure what Spurs are paying here, but it’s likely worth the punt and considering his profile in the youth circles it’s a coup for Spurs. As @HajdukSplit said, PSG were after him. Not that it matters, but someone picked him up in the keeper league I’m in a year ago. I bid to get him but lost out because I would have had to have spent what I consider 150 million to get him.

He has an older brother who plays for HSV. He too looks very good, but he was hit with a doping ban.

That can't be how it works for FFP, right? Surely they have to take into account all of the transfer costs, including the transfer fee and agent/intermediary fees (though I'm not sure if agent fees get capitalized/amortized vs expensed right away).

I thought only spending on club infrastructure, facilities, and youth development was excluded from FFP calculations.

I suppose it does when it comes to the overall financial picture. I was thinking more about La Liga’s FFP where I think they may not count.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Barcelona have their own self inflicted financial issue and to be fair Barcelona have probably the best academy in world football and they are NOW competing in the only league with a tight financial system in place unlike the EPL. A team like Atletico or Sevilla have to be smarter with their spending compared to the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona to compete. Is it that much an outlandish claim?

Liverpool spends enough to win. Just stop whining.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool spends enough to win. Just stop whining.
Again, I did not whine, they do and they have won by spending less so I know. I exposed a fact that Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle, PSG are owned by Sugar Daddy! I asked 3 times and I will ask one more. Are they not?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Again, I did not whine, they do and they have won by spending less so I know. I exposed a fact that Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle, PSG are owned by Sugar Daddy! I asked 3 times and I will ask one more. Are they not?
Sure, Liverpool isn't owned by a sugar daddy. What's your point? They still spend more than most other teams.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Sure, Liverpool isn't owned by a sugar daddy. What's your point? They still spend more than most other teams.
My point is and was they need to be smarter with their spending than other clubs to remain competitive.

I will give another example. Manchester United are not by definition a Sugar Daddy ownership, but they have spend terribly but the ownership does not provide private funds into the club.

Everton are/were a sugar daddy ownership because the ownership provided private funds into the club and they have still spend terribly on the transfer front. They are still under FFP investigation.

Sugar Daddy or Crazy rich is not guaranteed of success.

It all started when I said that LFC could use the crazy amount offered for Salah to get a top replacement like a Leão (as an example) and rebuild the defense as they did with Coutinho in the past to get success (by then getting Alisson and VVD)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad