Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy smokes, Arsenal being linked with Chiesa today and have been for the past two windows. A lot of smoke there, especially with Juventus missing Europe this upcoming season.

- Liverpool going after Ward-Prowse
- Chelsea going after Onana/Meslier
- Spurs going after Sancho if Kane leaves
- Arsenal close to signing Rice (ESPN reporting it could be a 92 million pound fee to WHU).
- PSG looking at Zaha.
- Scamacca wants to go back to Serie A and Roma are interested in him.
- Barca wants 70 million for Ralphina
- Seems Arsenal and Chelsea will battle it out for Caicedo (Man United looking elsewhere)
- Man United and LFC both still heavily linked to Mason Mount
- Arsenal and Aston Villa might trigger the 50 million Euros buy-out clause for Nico Williams.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
- Liverpool going after Ward-Prowse
Depending on the fee, that would actually be a good buy. Though probably not well-received by Liverpool fans given the expectations the club set for midfield transfers this summer.

- Arsenal close to signing Rice (ESPN reporting it could be a 92 million pound fee to WHU).
- Seems Arsenal and Chelsea will battle it out for Caicedo (Man United looking elsewhere)
I saw someone quote a Romano podcast that West Ham was asking for ESR to be included in the deal for Rice, but Arsenal declined. And positive news over the last few hours that Rice is set on Arsenal rather than Bayern (sorry not sorry @cgf).

We should wrap this up and then hopefully make a run at Caicedo. Guess we'll see if he wants the money or UCL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eh, Rice would probably help Bayern despite the fee being discussed; as Bayern seem to have enough sales lined up to fund Rice & someone like Osimhen or Kolo Muani, without preventing themselves from chasing Wirtz next summer. So I think I'd rather see you land him.

...but if Bayern does still end up with him, that's a hilarious sum to pay for a poor man's Rani Khedira :sarcasm:

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So the JWP this is kind of interesting (but not nearly for the fee Southampton want)

LFC need HG and they have no answer to what they would do if Trent was injured/out of form. Weirdly I think JWP could kind of do that Trent role; although obviously not as good he provides passing range and dead balls. Not sure it’s the right answer, but think he checks some boxes.

the next priority target for LFC is Thuram though

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Eh, Rice would probably help Bayern despite the fee being discussed; as Bayern seem to have enough sales lined up to fund Rice & someone like Osimhen or Kolo Muani, without preventing themselves from chasing Wirtz next summer. So I think I'd rather see you land him.

...but if Bayern does still end up with him, that's a hilarious sum to pay for a poor man's Rani Khedira :sarcasm:
I'd heard Amrabat also mentioned, who doesn't carry a bloated price tag for being English, but sounds like he may go Barca way.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
1686603170311.png

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

There’s going to be some weird Lukaku/Chalobah/Koulibaly/Mendy for Onana swap.

I’m pretty sure Saudi has interest in all of those names as well.

Feels as though KK’s writing has been on the wall. If he wants to stay in Europe, he will have to cut his wages to go back to Italy. If he wants his current wages or more, it’s Saudi.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
- Arsenal and Aston Villa might trigger the 50 million Euros buy-out clause for Nico Williams.
It was reported that we triggered the buy-out clause in January but Nico didn't want to move. Though, we have been consistently linked with him since then. I wonder if it was a "I don't want to move this month, but would be interested in the summer" reply that Unai got

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sounds like Rice is pretty close to buttoned up. Initial fee around 90M with bonuses that can break 100. Assuming we have the outgoings I expect, very happy with this signing and there should still be money left in the bank.

Redlife

Jun 12, 2023
Newcastle and Liverpool being linked to Gabri Veiga, is he as good as advertised or a a future flash in the pan?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like Rice is pretty close to buttoned up. Initial fee around 90M with bonuses that can break 100. Assuming we have the outgoings I expect, very happy with this signing and there should still be money left in the bank.
I absolutely love the deal, but it is still an overpayment (I consider him a 60 million pound player that gets an extra 30 because it is an EPL to EPL transaction). Depending on who we sell, we might be getting 40 million for Balogun, 25/30 million for Xhaka, 25/30 million for Tierney, 15 million for Pepe, and 10 million for Holding. That is 120 million right there, Arsenal should have another 100 million to invest from the vaults itself (which was from the Mudryl deal).

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I absolutely love the deal, but it is still an overpayment (I consider him a 60 million pound player that gets an extra 30 because it is an EPL to EPL transaction). Depending on who we sell, we might be getting 40 million for Balogun, 25/30 million for Xhaka, 25/30 million for Tierney, 15 million for Pepe, and 10 million for Holding. That is 120 million right there, Arsenal should have another 100 million to invest from the vaults itself (which was from the Mudryl deal).
Xhaka isn't getting that much. He's getting 15M to Leverkusen.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Xhaka isn't getting that much. He's getting 15M to Leverkusen.
All the reports I've seen are that it be around 25 million Euros, 15 seems awfully low, especially in this inflated market. It doesn't matter in the end because I think Pepe can go for more than 15 million himself, as long as Arsenal gets around 100 million to recoup for the Rice deal, we're in good shape. E: This also doesn't include any potential sales we have for our youth like Patino.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Leverkusen hasn't been trending toward big fees on players in that age range, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't closer to the 15M side--most of the reporting I can see (older) suggest ~13-16M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad