Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Tebas:

“One thing is what the clubs pay the players and then, depending on the cases, there are internal valuations at La Liga that adapts these figures to market prices. We have valued Joao Felix’s contract at much more than what Barca pays.”

So Tebas himself has said that we’re only paying 400k this season for Felix, but the league is counting it against us at a much higher figure. I’m guessing over 10 million. This is the bullshit we’re dealing with and I highly doubt this is happening with any other players.
This is incredibly dumb.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I imagine it's something like Arsenal had with Fabregas. If Bayern decides to sell Kane, Tottenham gets 1st option at him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not saying he's doping, I'm saying he obviously lied on his birth certificate and he's 22 :laugh:

*shrug* I have pretty much looked the same since I was 14...I've added & lost weight, changed my hair, got a tattoo, and my beard is less patchy, but otherwise I look the same.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think they might do 25m.
But honestly, if Micky van de Ven goes for 50m, Sutalo should be going for 80,
I get that scouts are careful with players from the Croatian league, but mostly these guys work out - especially if going to Germany first (lately France too).

Ivanusec is also gonna go for 8-10m, which is dirt cheap for him.
Well, so far the price for van der Ven seems more than justified, whereas Sutalo has been the worst player on the current second to last team in the Eredivisie.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Well, so far the price for van der Ven seems more than justified, whereas Sutalo has been the worst player on the current second to last team in the Eredivisie.
Yes, Van de Ven has been amazing. I had my doubts when he was signed, seemed like an overpay, but now it's looking like a steal.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
You're not wrong.
Sutalo looks absolutely shell shocked. Even for the national team you could see something was "off".
He didn't play in the 2nd game vs Wales. He looks like a shadow of himself, honestly no idea what's happening with him.
There're some rumors he's basically battling depression, doesn't know Dutch or English (basic english is sort of "the norm" in Croatia), etc etc.
But really it's all conjecture, all we know is that he's been struggling a LOT since moving to Amsterdam.

Reactions: Ajacied

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yes, Van de Ven has been amazing. I had my doubts when he was signed, seemed like an overpay, but now it's looking like a steal.
I've been really very impressed by him. Not often that a centre back hits the ground running in the Premier League, but he really has.

Van de Ven and Romero a new Vertonghen-Alderweireld for the foreseeable future? It's more likely than you think

Reactions: Jack Straw

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I've been really very impressed by him. Not often that a centre back hits the ground running in the Premier League, but he really has.

Van de Ven and Romero a new Vertonghen-Alderweireld for the foreseeable future? It's more likely than you think
Very happy to have the two of them as our main centre-halves for the foreseeable future. Do wish Spurs would sign a strong 3rd option too however. Someone who can fill in for both on either side when needed. Right now Eric Dier is right behind them in the pecking order.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It tends to go better for CBs making the step down from the BuLi; VdV, Akanji, Konate, etc. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad