Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Suuuuuure, but why would Mbappé want to go to United?
He could make a lot of money in a gloomy and non exciting part of the world. He also gets to majorly downgrade the level of club he plays for and talent he plays with. He also gets to join a club that while, currently a clown show is getting a new owner. And the could mean anything! Maybe even a bigger clown show!

I don’t see the downsides really :dunno:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Havertz could be had for cheap, I would not dislike the idea. Your point about depth is right. If we can have forward depth like we have midfield depth, I'd love it. That being said, if we need to pay 60M for Havertz, I would prefer having less depth upfront and buying a good RB... or going after Davies.

As for Rodrygo, he does start or sub as CF from time to time.

If we do get Mbappé, I expect

Vini - Mbappé - Rodrygo.

I guess the financial side is a question I can't answer. If you can afford Mbappe, Bellingham, Davies, and Havertz then Kai at 50-60M would be great business, but if you can't afford that then yeah. Decisions need to be made.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal floating Pepe's name out there for a move. Seen a couple links to the Saudi league, yet to see something from a reliable source on the Saudi front though.
And for those thinking that Saudi Arabia will buy their problems at a big fee, the rumor is that Arsenal is prepared to take a substantial loss.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Reactions: Power Man

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some rumours floating out there, many of these have already been posted I think...

- Havertz to Real Madrid if Mbappe move doesn't work out
- Kovacic to Man City to replace Gundogan
- Man United favourites for Mason Mount, Chelsea wants 80 million for him
- Bayern want Cancelo, but not at the 70 million purchase option that Citeh want for him
- Al-Ahli offering Mahrez 100 million per season to play for them
- A lot of non-Spanish clubs looking at Gabriel Veiga
- Man United and Newcastle United going after Kim Min-jae (is this the one who agreed with PSG?)
- Davide Frattesi is on the radar for Juventus, Roma, and many EPL clubs
- Moussa Diaby might be heading to Bayern
- PSG going after Lucas Hernandez
- Seeing a lot more reports that Sadio Mane might be done at Munich
- Liverpool going hard after Manu Kone and Khephren Thuram
- Man City going after Josko Gvardiol
- Man United wants Axel Disasi
- Leipzig inquired about Lois Openda from Lens
- Newcastle are favourites to sign Maddison at this point
- Chelsea are favourites for Lavia

If you lot are looking for a #9, would you go after Randal Kolo Muani or Goncalo Ramos?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some rumours floating out there, many of these have already been posted I think...

- Bayern want Cancelo, but not at the 70 million purchase option that Citeh want for him
- Man United and Newcastle United going after Kim Min-jae (is this the one who agreed with PSG?)

If you lot are looking for a #9, would you go after Randal Kolo Muani or Goncalo Ramos?
Kim Min Jae is the Napoli CB with the release clause. Pretty sure he was voted the best CB in Serie A last season

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

All of that and you didn’t even include Martinelli plus cash for Fati.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Following up on my post in the other thread, obviously I know Madrid can and very well may do it, my point is the options of who else can or would are slim to none. There's not a lot of bidding war candidates and what does he do if Madrid decides he isn't right for them right now

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Following up on my post in the other thread, obviously I know Madrid can and very well may do it, my point is the options of who else can or would are slim to none. There's not a lot of bidding war candidates and what does he do if Madrid decides he isn't right for them right now

...Bayern are looking for a striker with a lot of significant sales on the docket...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I took your post as two points, but yeah, this is correct as well. That said, while there aren’t a lot of options, I think a few clubs could make it happen if PSG’s fee isn’t out of this world. City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Bayern and Barca. Some are more realistic than others on that list, but I think they could all make it happen. City for me would be the next candidate if a move to Madrid didn’t materialize.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The most recent rumor I saw was United if the Sheikh's bid wins. Which is, of course, a little sketchy, but hey, we're allowing multiple club ownership so I guess this is kosher now.

...Bayern are looking for a striker with a lot of significant sales on the docket...
What are their outgoings? I imagine Neuer, Pavard, Mane, Sane, Gnabry, Davies, Blind, Sommer could all be on the block?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The most recent rumor I saw was United if the Sheikh's bid wins. Which is, of course, a little sketchy, but hey, we're allowing multiple club ownership so I guess this is kosher now.

What are their outgoings? I imagine Neuer, Pavard, Mane, Sane, Gnabry, Davies, Blind, Sommer could all be on the block?

Mane, Gnabry, Sabitzer, Pavard, Lucas, Blind, Neuer, & Sommer seem like locks to be sold.

Extension talks will determine if Davies & Sane stay...though with Guerriero coming in and Bayern wanting to keep Cancelo, it seems like they are preparing for life after Davies.

There have been Goretzka rumors...as they would still have Kimmich, Rice/Amrabat, Laimer, Gravenberch, Musiala deputizing at the 8, and their kids from the academy.

And recently there was a report that Upamecano is considering his options as well.

Kolo Muani feels like a Bayern player and I hate it.

Yeah, he'd be a nice fit as a rich man's ECMC to hold the seat warm for Tel, though PSG seem favorites for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad