Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Edition

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man, the wash on Pepe. Aren’t Arsenal still likely making installments? I guess it has been a while
Probably the best "one-hit wonders" I think I have ever seen. And it's not like he got so many of his goals on penalty kicks either in his Ligue 1 season, a ton of breaks and through-balls where he used his pace and finishing skills. When he arrived in the EPL, his talent was evident, but his body language was all wrong. He looked confused, dazed, and just had no desire or push that extra mile I thought.

His facial expressions in matches were just as weird where he was constantly dazed. I am not sure if he was high 24/7 compared to France, but I don't think he had a good season this year back in Ligue 1 either. Arteta/Emery didn't help though, he was constantly in and out of the lineup, played almost every forward position, played a multitude of different tactics, and never was able to catch his own two feet ahead. It also doesn't help that the old regime pretty gave Lille more fees than what his worth was due to having a buddy agent, which sparked an internal investigation.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kane leaving has nothing to do with their interest, apparently?

jadon-sancho-tottenham-man-utd-30201652

I think Kane's entire future is up to him strictly. If he wants to leave, he's going to force himself out and how many "Kane is not for sale" quotes Spurs will send out to the public will not change that. Now with that said, I am not sure if Madrid will spend the funds for both Mbappe and Kane in the same transfer window.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think Kane's entire future is up to him strictly. If he wants to leave, he's going to force himself out and how many "Kane is not for sale" quotes Spurs will send out to the public will not change that.
He's not going to force a sale this summer. He'll have the choice to pick the club of his choosing next summer if he wants to leave.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
He's not going to force a sale this summer. He'll have the choice to pick the club of his choosing next summer if he wants to leave.

He's not going to be young forever, it might be the best time really. Of course there is the consideration of PL goal records, but with Haaland in the league now, there might not be any point

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

:partytime:

Been offered a 2 year 50MM contract. Lukaku wants more. And Chelsea want 50.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He's not going to be young forever, it might be the best time really. Of course there is the consideration of PL goal records, but with Haaland in the league now, there might not be any point
Kane doesn't want to leave the club in too bad of a manner. He isn't going to force a move this summer but if the club wants to sell him he's fine with it. Otherwise he has the option to leave for free next season, pick any club of his choosing and earn much more money. He should have plenty of years left in the tank still.

I still think he wants to stay in England though, but he most likely wouldn't go to Arsenal or Chelsea.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
N’Dicka joins AS Roma on a free

1 more year at Spurs, 3 years at 'insert big money club here', and then 2 years back at Spurs, that would be the scenario I see if he sticks around.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Hope we aren't paying too much for Raya. £30M is reasonable considering that he's almost 28 and Brentford have little leverage.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Kang In Lee to PSG is close.
That's a good get. If PSG get Bernardo, Kolo and guys like that, with Skriniar already there, overnight they'll be a much better team than this last season.
Depending on what happens with Mbappe, ofc.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
There’s two threads messing everything up…

Anyway this kid is delusional.

As I said on the other thread, he is playing semantics for PR.

He did not have to send the letter to let his contract expire, it was an opt in, not an opt out. By telling them NOW, he is sending the signal that he either 1) wants to negotiate with them now 2) wants to leave.

If he wants to renew now, then, why not just approach them directly instead of sending the letter? But pressure on them? All it achieved is pissing them off.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean, might as well play Rodrygo in that spot or Mbappé as the 9 and invest in fullbacks instead.

You want Mbappe flying into the spaces opened up, not opening the spaces up for Vini and others.

Has Rodrygo played up front before? I suggest it with Kai because he's got experience in that role and plays it well for the NT; while also having the size that Rodrygo doesn't.

And it's not like you're awash with depth, which Kai helps across the front 3/4.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You want Mbappe flying into the spaces opened up, not opening the spaces up for Vini and others.

Has Rodrygo played up front before? I suggest it with Kai because he's got experience in that role and plays it well for the NT; while also having the size that Rodrygo doesn't.

And it's not like you're awash with depth, which Kai helps across the front 3/4.
If Havertz could be had for cheap, I would not dislike the idea. Your point about depth is right. If we can have forward depth like we have midfield depth, I'd love it. That being said, if we need to pay 60M for Havertz, I would prefer having less depth upfront and buying a good RB... or going after Davies.

As for Rodrygo, he does start or sub as CF from time to time.

If we do get Mbappé, I expect

Vini - Mbappé - Rodrygo.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Would make a lot more sense than the Dest rumors. With Juranovic our right side is secured while the left is much more open, and Gosens' aerial prowess would fit perfectly for us.

Reactions: mfilipo3

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal floating Pepe's name out there for a move. Seen a couple links to the Saudi league, yet to see something from a reliable source on the Saudi front though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The stupid optimist in me is seeing a path for Mbappe to United and it’s not healthy.

RM do need a striker but if Mbappe doesn’t want to play up front then same position as Vinicius.

City could do it for sure.

United could easily move Rashford to the 9 and play Mbappe as the LW. Shaw, Lisandro can easily cover that side defensively. That would instantly solve all of our forward issues. United have a lot of money and new owners who likely will want to make a splash. That would be United’s whole budget this year though and they desperately need some more.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The stupid optimist in me is seeing a path for Mbappe to United and it’s not healthy.

RM do need a striker but if Mbappe doesn’t want to play up front then same position as Vinicius.

City could do it for sure.

United could easily move Rashford to the 9 and play Mbappe as the LW. Shaw, Lisandro can easily cover that side defensively. That would instantly solve all of our forward issues. United have a lot of money and new owners who likely will want to make a splash. That would be United’s whole budget this year though and they desperately need some more.
Suuuuuure, but why would Mbappé want to go to United?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad