Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't see the point in buying Wahi and selling Balogun. Wahi might have a little more upside (debatable) but not worth the trouble.

My understanding with Balogun is he's tired of waiting and wants to leave. He's not going to be promised the starting position he wants because the starters are already there, so he prefers to move on, and that's just that. I don't know a lot about Wahi and I haven't seen a lot of smoke around him but I suppose the idea would be that as a new player he would be worked in gradually, would not be guaranteed immediate starts and would theoretically be comfortable with that.

I don't particularly like losing Balogun either, but it seems the dice have been cast

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My understanding with Balogun is he's tired of waiting and wants to leave. He's not going to be promised the starting position he wants because the starters are already there, so he prefers to move on, and that's just that. I don't know a lot about Wahi and I haven't seen a lot of smoke around him but I suppose the idea would be that as a new player he would be worked in gradually, would not be guaranteed immediate starts and would theoretically be comfortable with that.

I don't particularly like losing Balogun either, but it seems the dice have been cast
he’s a starting striker for his national team now. Can’t stay third choice at Arsenal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal after Fresneda once again and now Timthony Castagne.

Wow, that would be a great move and would absolutely hate it.
he’s a starting striker for his national team now. Can’t stay third choice at Arsenal
One of USNT's biggest weaknesses is at the striker position, so him being first choice honestly isn't a huge indictment of his talent level.

Reactions: al secord

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I'm looking at it from an Augsburg perspective. Spent a record (for them) and got 16 games (most of those not even starts) and 0 goals and it's sounding like they are probably taking a loss.

Probably for now, you would like to think Augsburg have put some percentage of any future sales to the clause, as if Pepi does well in PSV you can bet some team in another top five league will spend big on him

Seems we signed some kid for 5M€ according to Romano. Faye, CB from 2nd Croatian division

This has been reported in the Croatian press for a few weeks now because of the absurdity of it :laugh: Though the player seems to be a legit prospect, he is 18 years old and played for Senegal at the U17 World Cup when he was only 15. He was only at Kustosija for the second half of the season and they are actually in the relegation playoff which is why so many were puzzled. Though there is some background, Kustosija are 'owned' by agent Andy Bara (this is the same guy who brought Olmo to Croatia), other than some Croatian NT players so other notable players in his agency are Morata, Nacho, Bakayoko. He also brought Barcelona bust Moussa Wague to Croatia as well so he must have a relationship with the people at Barca and most of his non-Croatian clients are Spanish. Probably convinced this guy to come to his club, even in the Croatian 2nd tier and promised him a move immediately

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Latest names getting linked to BVB's midfield are:
- Zubimendi
- Rovella
- Nmecha
- Hjulmand
- Gundogan

Though Veiga & Alvarez still seems to be their top midfield targets.

In attack they're also getting linked to Chicago's Brian Gutierrez, Konstantelias, and Summerville.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Have been since the WM. But he has an absurd clause and Eberl has said that they won't negotiate a deal for less than his 9-figure buyout clause.
Won’t be a problem for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad