Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, but it was also the only time he showed such form in an ~8 year career prior to that injury. He was playing really well in that CL run, but I wouldn't say its a huge "what if" for his career given he was already ~25 and hadn't cemented himself as a starter for Arsenal or Liverpool.
He definitely cemented himself as a Liverpool starter in 17/18, until he blew his knee out

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Arsenal going after Havertz, Chelsea want 70 million for him. Ewww

- Ornstein saying Arsenal after Kudus.

- Gnonto joining Arsenal shortlist, likewise with Xavi Simons.

- A ton of rumors that Elye Wahi trying to force a move to the ArsenaL.

I am not sure what he brings to Real with him also being a midfielder, maybe Ceballos replacement? One of the most underrated footballers in Europe right now.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
- Arsenal going after Havertz, Chelsea want 70 million for him. Ewww

- Ornstein saying Arsenal after Kudus.

- Gnonto joining Arsenal shortlist, likewise with Xavi Simons.

- A ton of rumors that Elye Wahi trying to force a move to the ArsenaL.

I am not sure what he brings to Real with him also being a midfielder, maybe Ceballos replacement? One of the most underrated footballers in Europe right now.
Play on the RW, he has been much better in that spot for Milan as opposed to CAM or MF

Reactions: S E P H

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He definitely cemented himself as a Liverpool starter in 17/18, until he blew his knee out
Did he? I know he was starting during his good run of form, but just looking at stats he only averaged ~49min per appearance in the PL and ~45min per appearance in the CL. I guess it's tough for me to argue since that was just his first season at Liverpool and Klopp likely eased him into the team, but I just don't think Ox is this huge "what if" story.

Good player to bring on off the bench? Sure, but I don't think he ever had the football IQ / decision-making to consistently perform as a starter for a team competing for trophies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wahi is not forcing a move.
Montpellier has agreed to sell him. Heck they're looking to cash in big time.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Wahi is not forcing a move.
Montpellier has agreed to sell him. Heck they're looking to cash in big time.
I haven't really watched him, but I don't think he fits the profile of a forward that Arsenal should be targeting. If we sell Balogun and have Jesus/Nketiah, then go buy someone to make an impact now (e.g. Osimhen) or just stick with what we have and spend that money to bring in Rice AND Caicedo.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I haven't really watched him, but I don't think he fits the profile of a forward that Arsenal should be targeting. If we sell Balogun and have Jesus/Nketiah, then go buy someone to make an impact now (e.g. Osimhen) or just stick with what we have and spend that money to bring in Rice AND Caicedo.
I don't see the point in buying Wahi and selling Balogun. Wahi might have a little more upside (debatable) but not worth the trouble.

Reactions: les Habs and KJS14

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If the upgrade is from Trent to Pavard, you might as well just ignore the word upgrade. Pavard has many similarities with Trent defensively (notably his incapability to handle deep balls in his back, and his overall lack of IQ). Just a tad better. And MUCH worse offensively.
RB is a thin position, no doubt, but at this point, if I were to buy french, I'd rather buy Mukiele or Simakan than Pavard (for less).

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
If the upgrade is from Trent to Pavard, you might as well just ignore the word upgrade. Pavard has many similarities with Trent defensively (notably his incapability to handle deep balls in his back, and his overall lack of IQ). Just a tad better. And MUCH worse offensively.
RB is a thin position, no doubt, but at this point, if I were to buy french, I'd rather buy Mukiele or Simakan than Pavard (for less).
I don't expect Liverpool to find a upgrade to Trent at RB, but I think Trent would be a huge upgrade to the midfield. So I'd rather see him as one of the new midfielders and Liverpool going after a right back instead.

I wouln't be thrilled with Pavard, but I would get it. It would be more Liverpool like to find somewhat of an unpolished diamond though. But that would also mean a higher risk of having to play Trent at RB again in case it wouldn't work out

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs current main rumours:

Goalkeeper: Raya, Mamardashvili, Kelleher

CB: Victor Nelsson, Kilman, Maguire

Midfield: Maddison, Alex Scott

Attack: Solomon, Goncalves

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I can get behind the idea if it's for RB since I want trent to move up to midfield. Probably the most you know what you get available player for that position this summer
Would seem strange if it was for RB because one of the things with Bayern has been that he wants to play CB. I slightly disagree with Evilo, Trent is definitely a better offensive player, but Pavard is not really as close to poor on the defensive side.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pavard sucks. No idea why they are looking at him, anything they’ll “save” on his transfer fee they will lose back on his wages. He’s going to sulk if he doesn’t play so he’s not someone I’d sub in for Matip either. Not impressed with his defending and he’s only well know for a goal. This would be a signing I do not understand the logic of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad