Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe is not moving to play 9. He wants the inside forward from the left spot. Which is fine since he's the best in the world at that position.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Mbappe is not moving to play 9. He wants the inside forward from the left spot. Which is fine since he's the best in the world at that position.
I agree with that. It's actually not a fit right now, Madrid need a Kane or Haaland more than Mbappe.
Unless Vini goes to PSG or something.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I thought there was a time where Galtier’s notes showed he wanted to play IF on the right?

Anyways, I think he would move to play 9. But I don’t think he would do it long term. Willingness to play the 9 allows them to integrate him and Vini short term. Long term… i can see Mbappe trying to move to the left

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I thought there was a time where Galtier’s notes showed he wanted to play IF on the right?

Anyways, I think he would move to play 9. But I don’t think he would do it long term. Willingness to play the 9 allows them to integrate him and Vini short term. Long term… i can see Mbappe trying to move to the left
Galtier wanted that (to free up the left to Ney).
I'm 100% sure he's not moving to play 9. He even doesn't want to play it for the NT.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Galtier wanted that (to free up the left to Ney).
I'm 100% sure he's not moving to play 9. He even doesn't want to play it for the NT.
I think the relationship Madrid has with Vinicius is strong enough that they wouldn’t make that move for Kylian to displace him.

Unless they feel Vinicius is an incident or two away from asking for a transfer (totally understandable) and they want to get ahead of that.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I can’t see it unless the club is sold to one of the Saudi or Qatari buyers. I was thinking more City really, but perhaps Chelsea, Liverpool or maybe even Barca. Still, I can’t see him anywhere apart from Madrid.

Laporta has to pull all levers if there's the slightest of chances

I don’t want him personally, but I think they could do it with player sales. A lot of salary could be freed up and they could get some good money from transfer fees, but the problem would be getting the players you’d sell to agree to leave. Seems to be a damn impossibility these days.

I would think one of the biggest detractors would be playing outside of the Camp Nou for however long that will take.

I’m alright. Invest modestly by filling multiple holes in the squad and balance the f***ing books. So the likes of pedri/Gavi don’t end up being messi 2.0

From a footballing standpoint it’s hard to say “no” to an acquisition like that and I think from a footballing standpoint you’d be fine with the players we’d offload and keep. That said, like you, I don’t want him.

Fair enough. Would the right be an option?

You know, theories aside, if it really is his dream club, as he repeatedly said, maybe Haaland possibly being available next summer, or Kane now - with Benzema gone... Helped him decide?

Can see Perez suddenly losing interest in Kane or Havertz...

Word before this even came out was that they weren’t interested in Havertz because Chelsea want too much.

I think the relationship Madrid has with Vinicius is strong enough that they wouldn’t make that move for Kylian to displace him.

Unless they feel Vinicius is an incident or two away from asking for a transfer (totally understandable) and they want to get ahead of that.

I’m wondering if they could play Vinicius on the right.

Yeah, they are not selling to us. They are going to sell to themselves once they buy United.

Again, may not have a choice. If he wants to go Madrid he’ll go to Madrid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can’t see it unless the club is sold to one of the Saudi or Qatari buyers. I was thinking more City really, but perhaps Chelsea, Liverpool or maybe even Barca. Still, I can’t see him anywhere apart from Madrid.

Saudi's aren't involved in the buying process. It's between Sir Jim Ratcliffe/INEOS and the Qatari Nine-Two group. They're the only ones left.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@les Habs could you guys pull it off?

I mean I’m not suggesting we’re remotely going to get him, but I think so, yes. It’d be really painful and would depend on a few things:

-Transfer fee. If the original tweet is correct, that Mbappe’s contract only goes to 2025 if he takes up the option, then I would think the fee would be notably less than the 250 million that @Evilo cited. So if the fee is based on him being available for nothing in a year than I would think the fee would be doable for Barca.
-Wages. His wages would be astronomical, but I think the club could make it happen. Getting rid of Busquets, Pique, Alba, Fati, Christensen, Garcia, Alonso, Raphinha and Kessie alone frees up about 103 million in wages. Hard to say how accurate that is with different sources having different numbers, but I would think that would be pretty close. Assuming you can get them all to leave I would think that it’d mean a minimum of 160 million in transfer fees and that’s a pretty conservative figure. That’s not including guys on loan like Lenglet, Umtiti and Abde.
-Our current FFP standing. Not exactly sure what it is before you take the above into account much less after.
-Mbappe. Would he even want to come? I already mentioned the stadium issue. He apparently is a Madrid fan. Barca’s had significant issues the past few years. A lot not to like. Still, plenty to like. You’re the marquee player. You play in your preferred position. You have some international teammates. Xavi might be a draw if what other players have said is true. Also, if there’s any truth he considered the club back in the day when I deal was supposedly agreed around the time we signed Dembele then maybe he’s willing to come. And Barcelona as a home is probably more attractive than other potential destinations.

All of that said, I’d be shocked if we signed him or if he was interested. Like I keep saying, I think he’s very interested in Madrid and that’s where he ends up. I think Barca could make it happen, but it’d be really difficult because a lot of players you’d need to leave probably wouldn’t leave.

Anyway, like I said, I wouldn’t want it to happen anyway.

Jeez, what a diva

I mean COMUNICADO OFICIAL

Well he is a Madrid fan so…

Saudi's aren't involved in the buying process. It's between Sir Jim Ratcliffe/INEOS and the Qatari Nine-Two group. They're the only ones left.

OK, so just the Qataris then. Point still stands.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I mean I’m not suggesting we’re remotely going to get him, but I think so, yes. It’d be really painful and would depend on a few things:

-Transfer fee. If the original tweet is correct, that Mbappe’s contract only goes to 2025 if he takes up the option, then I would think the fee would be notably less than the 250 million that @Evilo cited. So if the fee is based on him being available for nothing in a year than I would think the fee would be doable for Barca.
-Wages. His wages would be astronomical, but I think the club could make it happen. Getting rid of Busquets, Pique, Alba, Fati, Christensen, Garcia, Alonso, Raphinha and Kessie alone frees up about 103 million in wages. Hard to say how accurate that is with different sources having different numbers, but I would think that would be pretty close. Assuming you can get them all to leave I would think that it’d mean a minimum of 160 million in transfer fees and that’s a pretty conservative figure. That’s not including guys on loan like Lenglet, Umtiti and Abde.
-Our current FFP standing. Not exactly sure what it is before you take the above into account much less after.
-Mbappe. Would he even want to come? I already mentioned the stadium issue. He apparently is a Madrid fan. Barca’s had significant issues the past few years. A lot not to like. Still, plenty to like. You’re the marquee player. You play in your preferred position. You have some international teammates. Xavi might be a draw if what other players have said is true. Also, if there’s any truth he considered the club back in the day when I deal was supposedly agreed around the time we signed Dembele then maybe he’s willing to come. And Barcelona as a home is probably more attractive than other potential destinations.

All of that said, I’d be shocked if we signed him or if he was interested. Like I keep saying, I think he’s very interested in Madrid and that’s where he ends up. I think Barca could make it happen, but it’d be really difficult because a lot of players you’d need to leave probably wouldn’t leave.

Anyway, like I said, I wouldn’t want it to happen anyway.

Well he is a Madrid fan so…

OK, so just the Qataris then. Point still stands.
yeah because Barcelona has never had divas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad